The Lobster

What the fuck did I just watch

Kinda feel ripped off that there were no actual lobsters

Your future.

Shut your mouth it was kino

First Half > Second Half

Movie dies when They fuck up the hotel's people

What animal would you guys be turned into? Me? A black guy.

that couldve been the launching point into something far more interesting than i love you, imma stab out my eyes. or will i?

this was my main issue with the film as well, show a fucking lobster or two, have them eat a lobster dinner, fucking SAY the word lobster do SOMETHING regarding lobsters, fucking shit piece of garbage pseudo arthouse trash. Fuck colin farrel I hope a lobster fucking pinches his eye socket

im also kinda upset we didnt see john c reilly the lisping parrot

Spoiler that shit you stupid nigger

>no black guys in the hotel
>only see them in the forest

you might be on to something

It was good.

A dystopian world where only people who frequent /r9k/ exist

I really liked it
Their secret code had me laughing like an idiot

The guy who slammed his face onto hard surfaces to give himself nosebleeds so he could get together with that one qt is pretty much you and every faggot on Sup Forums and every other board on 4c

Movie really ran out of gas during the latter half, particularly the last half hour

A Yorgos Lanthimos joint, you clueless plebeian.

singles policy meme made into a film.

but what is the animal nobody wants to be?

That chick with the great hair was a top tier qt. Why couldn't she find a man?

I'm not going to waste two hours if this doesn't even have lobsters.

What are some good /Lobster/ core movies?

The Lobster

Just saw The Lobster.

Independent films, in general, tend to be stereotyped into two camps: the obscure, experimental type films that are meant to be artsy and "challenging", and the quirky, Wes Anderson-esque romance movies that are meant to be entertaining and heartwarming. The Lobster is a bizarre, often beautiful synthesis of these stereotypes, offering up a fascinatingly surreal romantic satire.

The premise of the movie is strange enough: For reasons unexplained, a man (Colin Farrell) is driven off to a hotel where he's given 45 days to find a mate, or else be turned into an animal of his choosing. From there, we're given a small glimpse into a world where all romance seems to be dictated entirely by some unknown and unseen rulebook.

Because of this dogmatic approach to relationships, the world seems entirely desaturated and devoid of any emotion or purpose. No one speaks with any emotion or any verve in their voice, and nothing seems to be done without a very strict and orderly purpose. It's almost Orwellian in it's tone.

I couldn't shake the feeling that there was some thinly veiled commentary on modern relationships here, some vague symbolism representing modern romance. Felt a bit too artsy and over my head.

Nevertheless, the film's absurd dry humor and beautiful style were enough to win me over, though I must confess the second half of the movie leans a lot more heavily on the darker side. It paints a very interesting, almost grotesque caricature of today's culture.

7.5/10

No idea.

Nosebleed Girl was qt as FUCK though.

Why do good foreign directors make english language films for plebs who will never be able to appreciate them?

Just watched this and didn't really appreciate all the symbolism. Also the lack of emotion from the characters made it difficult to really feel any attachment to 'em.

Should I watch Dogtooth then?

Nigger, probably.

Dipped hard as fuck after he left the hotel but the relationship was enough to make it worthwhile

Which animal would you guys be? Idgaf I'd be a dog.

i figure chimp or bonobo would be close enough to human

A bald eagle, I'd become freedom incarnate and perch myself on an american flag.

A big fish.

Perhaps a salmon or a trout. Maybe a shark.

i just saw it today too, ive cant remember the last time a movie left me hanging so hard, what an upsetting end. other than that, i loved it...most of it.

felt so blueballed I stopped on the way home and watched The Nice Guys. That was great, absolutely loved it, AND it had a super satisfying ending

Someone post a webm of the maid.

This guy and I would rip this guy apart.

I think I'd go with fox. Capable of adapting to an urban environment, omnivorous diet, sneaky as a motherfucker despite being bright orange.

I saw this movie on my second last day of a european holiday with a qt I had a 2 day fling with, so that may have clouded my judgement a little.

But I hated it. I'd never felt more cheated of a good premise by terrible execution. The voiceover work made me want to slit my wrists - what was the point in repeating exactly what characters had just said in that dragging monotone?

I got the aspergers style emotionless delivery, trying to ape Wes Anderson, except it didnt work here. It could have been a great transition to see it fall away after the escape from society but they kept it up - yes yes the singles camp is meant to be as oppressive and iron fisted as the normies funny joke haha but man it felt like they were emotionless mannequins rather than people who crush their emotions inside them like wes anderson films.

Drags far too long, the hunts were nice - this is the frustrating bit, for all the problems I have with execution it occasionally has a beautiful shot and the first half is definitely a net positive in terms of the qts and their quirks as mentioned by others here. The heist scene was also great.

Frustrating movie / 10, would watch again in a few years and probably turn off half way through