The Shining

Name a flaw with this movie.

I will prove you wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0114.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is a Jew in it

Its not an animated movie about a cute bunny nor does it have cool songs like repo. seriously Ocean House Hotel is the most hated mission in vampire masquerade

Besides Kubrick, nope.

Jack shouldn't have been able to escape the freezer. The movie was much better when every supernatural interaction could be explained.

>only 9 friends

Omg, what a loser lol XD

You need to look at it from Wendy's perspective. Of course the supernatural explanation makes sense

The hotel is a sentient, evil entity

>besides the jew there is no jew

No, I mean I can comprehend that there are spirits causing trouble, but before that moment every "interaction" Jack, Danny, and Wendy make with the spirits can be passed off as them being crazy.

>flaw
Undeniable that he could have got out of the maze by pushing through and using his axe.

That's the point when the Shining crosses over into the human realm.

Remember, some places Shine like people. Jack sold his soul for a drink, to the hotel.

Jack wasn't hallucinating.

I don't get it that much.
I watched it for the first time last year so 20year old, and it wasn't scary. creepy elements, suspenseful elements, yes.
good-great writing ,yes, great cinematogprahy and acting yes. best horror movie - no
it doens't quite fit into any category because it's a slow burn descent into madness.
It's really enjoyable but not quite a horror, nor deserving of such lawded praise as one.

>Jack wasn't hallucinating

Well... That's debatable. You're talking about the Gold Room scene, right? When Wendy charges in to tell Jack about the woman in the room, he has his head aimed down like he's in a trance, not like he's in the middle of a conversation with the bartender.

why doesn't she sympathise with his concerns after she sees the crazy people?

Impossible. The hotel let him out. He made out with the old lady, the evil entity. He chose her over his family

Note when he leaves, the hallway lights are off after the event. It was real. The hotel "shined."

Danny could notice it because he had the Shining. Jack sold his soul to the devil for a drink and then the rest of the movie happens.

You need to watch it in different perspectives but with the idea that this film has NO mistakes and NO continuity errors. Everything you need to know is in the film.

She never does, she encounters the bear guy and the tuxedos.

Most autistic fanbase of any movie. See: Room 231.

one day you will have a choice: to solve the maze logically with brute force or learn to enjoy/dismiss the lunacy of it all like everyone else.

OP stumped. /thread

Room 231 was intentional noise meant to disrupt signal and make it so that no genuine Kubrick analysis can be taken seriously

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0114.html

That's hardly fair. The indian genocide themes I think really are there. Why else would he add the indian burial ground to the backstory and all the Native american themes. Most of the theories were totally loony but that one has some evidence in the film.

dumb and gay