So did they pretend this never happened?

So did they pretend this never happened?

>DoFP has Wolverine without the adamantium lacing during the same time period this takes place
>Age of Apocalypse has Wolverine as Weapon X

You know, I like the X-men movies but they've donea terrible job of mananging consistency

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/70112032/#70112032
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DoFP has Wolverine without the adamantium lacing during the same time period this takes place

No.

>time travel did it

Everyone pretends this doesn't exist

Its not like Apocalypse pretend DOFP as Canon. End of DoFP Mystique (disguised as Styker) finds Wolverine.

In Apocalypse its styker that found wolverine.

top kek.

also
>age of apocalypse
wut

>Eric Bana
>Edward Norton
>Mark Ruffalo

Talk about inconsistency.

God this movie was such a piece of shit

I honestly think the writer for Apocalypse had DOFP playing on 1.5x speed to catch up with what happened before writing the script and he didn't see the stupid "this is mystique" yellow eye thing.

Then nobody during production either remembered how the last film ended or cared enough to point it out.

Why did they never do anything with Gambit?

The only thing I can remember about this movie is how ugly the asian girl was. Looked like a fish with FAS.

I always wonder when stuff like this happens, do any of the actors notice and say something?

"I know you wrote this nice script and all, but you realize last film we changed this, right?"

Or just no one give a shit at all in Hollywood?

I liked the action sequences in the 1st wolverine movie.

Same here. I lose respect for the actors when this shit happens because it makes it seem like they don't give a single fuck about the characters they're best known for.

There's some behind the scenes footage from The Happening where Mark Wahlberg is telling Shamalanadingdong the scene they are filming doesn't make any sense (looking for good in a long abandoned house) and the Indian dickhead just won't accept it and tried making excuses.

I'm guessing it's also sometimes like that where the actors just get shut down by filmmakers who don't care they're making shit.

*looking for FOOD

Yeah, I can't blame the actors as we know they don't have final say. It just blows my mind no one says "Um, excuse men..."

Based Marky Mark

there is a gambit movie in production, was going to be released in september but got delayed due to being extremely shit

that would happen in a smaller movie but these movies get retooled so much each person working on each component knows the work could be changed in editing in any way because some jew producer decided the actress looks ugly when crying or whatever bullshit and even if it wasn't it probably wouldn't change as they already spent too much money on the weapon X set ect ect, its quite the clusterfuck

And don't forget Wolverine lost his adamantium claws at the end of The Wolverine but had them back in the future of DOFP.

>So did they pretend this never happened?

Yes.

This also

>Regarding the film's premise, Ben Affleck asked director Michael Bay, "Wouldn't it be easier for NASA to train astronauts how to drill rather than training drillers to be astronauts?" Bay told Affleck to shut up.

Haha

The entire X-Men movie universe is a joke when it comes to continuity. The original films were fine, but as soon as they started doing prequels everything went to shit.

First Class and everything afterwards ignored it, as well as anything else from the first 3 movies they didn't like how The Professor gets put in the chair earlier than is depicted in XO: Wolverine or X3, and they don't have the time travel excuse until DoFP

As far as I recall, Origins: Wolverine fits in perfectly with the previous three, and that's a prequel

As they should.

It's not as bad as First Class, but it's where inconsistencies began.

>Origins Sabretooth doesn't look nor act anything like his X1 counterpart
>Origins Sabretooth is Logan's half brother whereas X1 Sabretooth doesn't even know Logan
>Logan's dog tags are Canadian in X1/2 versus American in Origins
>The room Logan gets his adamantium in is completely different from the one we see in X2
>Other aspects of the adamantium procedure are different from what we are previously shown
>Cyclops' optic blast generates heat rather than being pure concussive force
I'm sure there's more.

>>Cyclops' optic blast generates heat rather than being pure concussive force

Fucking cunt singer kept that shit in Apocalypse, he doesn't care.

wasnt it revealed that magneto re-adamantium'ed them?

no.

Missed opportnity since Wolverine gets his adamantium back in the comics from apocalypse in exchange for being a horseman

It might be hard for you to believe, but not a single actor attached to this meal ticket gives a fuck about capeshit. They don't care about 'canon' or consistency for movies adapted from children's picture books. It's a job. They do this cancerous shit to buy property, keep themselves relevant and to fund movies they actually care about.

Dunno, evans seems pretty into it

it's almost like the movies are only made because they know that delusional fans will go regardless, and they need to keep pumping out films that vaguely look like xmen movies to keep the rights.

>>Origins Sabretooth doesn't look nor act anything like his X1 counterpart
Recasting can't always be helped, and Tyler Mane is little more than a stunt actor
>Origins Sabretooth is Logan's half brother whereas X1 Sabretooth doesn't even know Logan
Logan doesn't know Sabretooth either and that wasn't explained for 4 movies, I'm sure if more people liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine it would have been explained eventually

>Logan's dog tags are Canadian in X1/2 versus American in Origins
>The room Logan gets his adamantium in is completely different from the one we see in X2
>Other aspects of the adamantium procedure are different from what we are previously shown
I didn't notice any of those in the movie, did you have to examine screenshots or something?

Yeah this triggered me. I remember Singer specifically talking about it being a purely concussive blast while doing the effects in the X1 special features. He can't even keep his own shit consistent let alone shit from other people's movies.

I just read an interview saying that it was on purpose.
Mystique freed Wolverine at the end of DoFP, yes. He was his first rescue, and she kept doing it as we see at the beginning of Apocalypse.
However, in the ten years that passed, he was captured, yet again, and experimented on.

I can't cite the source because it was one of those diamond dozen gossip sites.

>I can't cite the source because it was one of those diamond dozen gossip sites

then pastebin it

It's one of those things they expect you to figure out on your own, since Magneto said in X2 that Stryker was the only "other" man he knew who could manipulate adamantium.

Why would they care? They do these roles for the paycheck. Of course they don't care about capeshit, they're adults.

No, I meant that I have no idea what site it was, but it was an interview from right after Apocalypse started production, and Singer was questioned how were they retconing the fact that Mystique had Wolverine now.
It was not a retcon, just a natural succession of events.

So in other words, bullshit., thanks for nothing you fucking liar.

X-men is my favorite capeshit but it amkes me sad it wont be as connected as the MCU. There's a lot they can do with X-men the way they handled days of future past and apocalypse makes me kind of not want the Shadow King, the Shi'ar, or Mojo

Why would I do that? Go on the Internet and tell lies?

I'll try to find it, but it's something completely logical. Or did you think Mystique would have kept him safe forever? Clearly, as we see her tell Caliban, her mission is just to free them up, what they do with their lives is up to them...

I thought the same. It's better that way, since I'm not a fucking baby, and don't like to be spoonfed every damn detail.

Well, these actors are fucking stupid if they mail in their capeshit performances. Star Wars is for kids and it practically turned Harrison Ford into the GOAT.

Apocalypse was worse than Origins, so i hope it gets retconned too

Not only was it a pointless movie since DOFP revealed everything wast fun, but the new kids are fucking awful, give me 50 year old Jackman & Janssen instead

>Recasting can't always be helped, and Tyler Mane is little more than a stunt actor
Sabretooth goes from being a 6'8" blonde to a 6'3" brunette. That's a pretty substantial difference in appearance that can't just be brushed off as "recast"

>Logan doesn't know Sabretooth either
Yes, and we know it's because Logan lost his memory. Sabretooth should have lost his memory at the end of Origins as well.

>I didn't notice any of those in the movie, did you have to examine screenshots or something?
The more you watch a movie the more you notice those details. A good prequel would make the effort to match things from the previous films. Origins didn't care about consistency.

It's almost like these movies are made to cater to a general audience that only goes to see a movie so they can have something to watch while they eat popcorn.

X-Men doesn't work in MCU, X-Men are already the Avengers of Mutants

DOFP was better than any Marvel movie except maybe Cap 2

Yes they can, if they split their characters wisely (like Deadpool) and later have them work together for a final confrontation.
I'm not versed in comic book, but I'm sure they can make a crossover with Fantastic Four as well.

Shit Post: The Bait Awakens

That's not a problem though. He originally got them in 'year prior to Xmen' and it looked like that was going to be preserved when Mystique pulled him out the water and it was but in a silly roundabout fashion.

>Apocalypse was worse than Origins
I agree, they really dropped the ball. Apocalypse's story should have involved Cable and Sinister and preferably been with the original cast. Making it a prequel after already showing us the world is fine and everyone is alive and well ruins the suspense and lessens the threat level of a villain who should be an "oh shit" character.

I know it doesnt, and creating stuff like X-force and Alpha Flight means throwing a bunch of literally whos to the audience who doesnt follow comics and it mostly currently irrelevant characters, but what I mean is if they had better continuity and didnt deal with the baddies in one movie.

There was a thread a couple of days ago which was a list of script changes and production note type stuff from all the films which said the same thing. (I've no idea how to search archives for Sup Forums but someone could probably find it, there was no external source or anything either).

Mystique was rescuing Wolverine, Wolverine is captured at some point and experimented on.

I've not seen Apocalypse yet so I don't know for sure but it sounds like it's just fucking stupid rather than a retcon. I don't think anyone thought Mystique was rescuing Logan at the end of DOFP (she didn't even really know who he was, why not just tell Charles) but it appears that's what they are going with probably because J-Law had to be a 'good guy'.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/70112032/#70112032

>Jubilee is a teenager in X1/2/3 circa 2005/6
>Jubilee is a teenager in Apocalypse circa 1983
>Apocalypse Jubilee would have been born mid to late 1960's

>Angel is around 25 in X3 circa 2006
>Angel is around 25 in Apocalypse circa 1983
>Apocalypse Angel would have been born in late 1950's

>Time travel shenanigans don't effect the timeline until 1973.
>Both characters were completely unnecessary to the plot and could have been replaced with any other mutants
People get paid obscene amounts of money to fuck up this hard.

To be fair, setting the x-men during the time the comics originally ran is smart, but it stupid to try and tie them all together. First Class onward should've had nothing to do with the orignal trilogy and it made sense for Jackman to keep appearing since Wolverine never ages

They had the perfect setup for Mystique to be recruiting Logan for Apocalypse, and for Logan to get his Adamantium from Apocalypse in the new timeline. I'm fine with them not saying how future Wolverine got his adamantium claws back after Silver Samurai cut them off as we have enough information to hypothesize Magneto did it. But to go from showing Mystique fishing him out of the water while disguised as Stryker to Stryker having him locked up without any explanation is really lazy and inexcusable.

This might explain something you didn't grasp by watching:

>“I wanted Wolverine to end up with Stryker at the end of the film, but when we got down the line on that, it felt like such a downer ending, and there wasn’t any ripple in time. It was the same – the location where Stryker grabbed Logan was different, but Logan’s fate was very much the same. I felt like we hadn’t made enough of a ripple.

>“So from there we thought about who else it could be. I was thinking of having other people on the boat – he could be fished out by Charles and Hank – but we set this thing up where Mystique is masquerading as a military character saving mutants from going into some sort of experimental programme in Saigon early on, so there’s a really nice symmetry there at the end.”

Do a reverse search for the source since I couldn't be bothered to post a link.

>it stupid to try and tie them all together
Marvel ties together all their movies without any problem and it nets them obscene amounts of money. People like a connected ongoing universe. X-Men easily could be that, but the people making the movies are too retarded to retain any sense of consistency. I could have sworn I remembered Fox saying they hired someone circa DOFP to specifically oversee continuity going forward, but if so that person was asleep at the wheel when Apocalypse was being made.

So why did he change his mind and put him in Styker's custody in Apocalypse? It's so sloppy and confusing to the viewers.

marvel ties their movies together because it was planned from the getgo to at least lead up to Avengers but it was so successful they continued it.

In this case you have movies that werent meant to follow each other between the decade apart of their releases, and other changes like First Class having a couple OC mutants and Havoc, Banshee, and Beast instead of thje original gang.

I'm not making much of a judgement on it - I've not seen Apocalypse yet, was just trying to back up what the other guy was saying.

I can agree on that last point, there's nothing that suggested to me that Mystique was saving Wolverine or that she would want to. It's then totally pointless because he gets caught anyway by Stryker.

I was supposed to grasp that by watching DOFP?

How? The 'it's mystique because her changed for the viewer' on Stryker was consistently used as a signifier for 'Mystique is up to shit, that shit probably has some ill intentions'. While there was obviously a change in her character in DOFP there's nothing to suggest she would immediately go out and try to rescue Wolverine by specifically impersonating the man who is established as Wolverines nemesis. That's just plain confusing and pointless.

Then it turns out that after she has released him he goes and gets caught by Stryker anyway.

An absolute mess.

I was actually looking for another interview where Singer himself says they did it on purpose. They didn't ignore the fact that Mystique got him at the end, but rather suppose during the 10 year lapse, Striker caught him anyway.

It had to be something like this: Mystique orders to have Wolverine taken away to a remote location. At some point, she lets him escape and get lost, arguing he broke free, and then dissappearing herself to keep rescuing mutants.
Wolverine which at this point was the consciousness that didn't even knew Charles and Magneto returns to whatever he was doing at the beginning of DoFP (sleeping around, working for mobsters, whatever)
Charles, after letting Eric go and probably helping him start a new life decides to check on Wolverine using Cerebro. He sees that he's fine and dandy in his regular pre-DoFP life. Decides to leave him be.
Few years later, Stryker captures him and starts his Adamantium experiments, giving him "back" his claws.

Sounds perfectly plausible to me.

>My friends call themselves legitimate Deadpool fans
>Had the gall to argue against me when I said the Xmen: Origins Deadpool was weird and extremely unfaithful to the comics, saying he was just the normal Deadpool the entire way through.

She specifically impersonated him because she knew that that fucker's mission and obsession was mutants.
Also when she saw Trask files and saw the brutalities they inflicted upon Azazel and Angel (?) she clearly was moved and decided to further help her fellow mutants. She probably started with Wolverine because she saw Magneto beating the shit out of him.
Also this

>"I'm a huge Deadpool fan"
>CIMICHANGAS SO RANDUM XDDD

I hate those people. Not that I mean to be a snob, but they're just really obnoxious.

A lot of deadpool fans aren't really in it for the lolsorandum shit, they like his other jokes.

But still hearing them claim that Deadpool was legitimately, in the comics, this sewn-mouth, teleporting, laser-eye sword monster thing set me off.

Why does anyone need to pretend that it doesn`t exist?
Just ignore it.
The new X Men trilogy is completely different. It has some of the similar actors. But they're all self contained, no matter how much they say they're related.

I'm not disputing the plausibility of that version of events, it's fine and fits in with what is presented. It's just wasted and disjointed.

Why is she impersonating Stryker? If she is recusing Logan why not enlist the help of Charles instead of the US military? 'Hey Charles, there's your mate, we should rescue him' seems like a better plan than 'impersonate high ranking military man who is obsessed with mutants who is also going to be in the same city looking for mutants then I'll help that mutant escape later'.

Then Wolverine ends up in the same place he would have anyway despite all the talk of 'ripples not being big enough' offscreen when there are multiple ways his story could have been altered or made more interesting.

I think it's pretty clear they fucked up somewhere and had no clear idea of what they were doing or where they wanted to take the characters and have just resorted to making it fit as best they can.

>everyone wants capeshit movies to be faithful to the comic books
>X-men comics are a clusterfuck of continuity
>X-men movies are a clusterfuck of continuity

I like that the X-movies have such a fucking weird continuity.

it's a re-written timeline, as far as we know he might not have gone to japan again because he isn't lamenting over jean's death, or he succeeded the silver samurai and didn't get them chopped off.

Hasnt everyone in x-men died at least once, and not during alt timelines like days of future past, 2099, and age of apocalypse?

This. I appreciate that the X-Men films have a loose canon, and they're willing to put in a character that would be good and ignore that "well canonically she wouldn't be a teenager then."

Plus, with the time fuckery, Jubilee's parents could have met and made her earlier. Same with Angel.

Doesn't apply to events that already happened before 1973. That's why user is complaining.
It's obvious that they took those misrepresented characters and used them one more time because they're somewhat recognizable but not too much that people would care.

That same interview I quoted earlier also says that while they didn't want to end DoFP with Wolverine being fucked by Stryker, they also didn't want to completely overwrite the X-Weapon storyline. So they just deviated a little and left it up to our interpretatiln, which is the best if you think about it, because it doesn't deny or erase the Wolverine movies.

None of the characters that were young teens in the 80s and young teens post-XM1 were important - Jubilee and Angel aren't worth shit and barely appeared. It was a pointless exercise in loose canon.

With Jubilee, they wanted her because she's "totally 80's" (ignoring the fact that she's very much a 90's character ad Dazzler would have been more appropriate for the decade; same is true of Psylocke).

As far as Angel goes, if you're doing Apocalypse, you also kind of have to have Archangel as one of his horsemen. I felt like they did some interesting stuff with him at the beginning. It was neat seeing him in the cage fight, and the transformation was wild. But he does get lost in the shuffle.

I do hope that we get a proper follow-up movie with 90's X-men in their 20s.
Also a sequel with the original revived cast would be dope, but I'm not holding my breath.

cause it was a shit film