Warcraft

Ok, guys, lore rape aside, it's best 2016 movie yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RobertKazinsky/status/734755993775702016
twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/737339823644545025
kinopoisk.ru/film/277328/
allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=129526.html
imdb.com/title/tt0803096/
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/28/duncan-jones-on-showing-dad-david-bowie-warcraft-he-was-all-excited-for-me-and-happy.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Had a blast and my son loved it!

you mean your wife's son

Shut your mouth. Just because Jamal's black and isn't related to me genetically doesn't mean he's not my son.

>lore rape
We knew from the start that this was going to be a separate universe. Metzen, the Sup Forums cuck that he is, called it the "Ultimate Marvel" of Warcraft.

Go be a drone elsewhere, Bilzzcuck.

yo dcuck

What was the extent of magni and the elves roll in the movie?

>lore rape aside

Examples?

Not better than BvS.

I mean I'm about to go see it, but just off the trailer: Is the events of Warcraft 1, but Dalaran is flying, something that didn't happen until WotLK

The movie

Non-Blizzfan here

Google tells me Magni is a dwarf king so maybe he was there? There were some dwarves but they weren't named.

Anyway the human king Llane summoned the leaders of the other races and nations to ask for their help in the war against the orcs, they said "no fuck you" and disappeared until the end of the movie when they came to Llane's funeral and formed the Alliance to fight against the orcs in the sequel.

They are just minor things that don't really affect the story.
I don't think anyone thought it would be a 1:1 copy of the lore. But it still follows it pretty close.
EVERY THREAD

I've only seen like two Sup Forums posters who have seen this movie and disliked it.

I saw it today in London and liked it (never played WoW before, but used to read Games Workshop magazines and I played a fantasy text based MUD for a year).

The animosity against this movie is very weird.

WoW already lore raped the shit out of the real WarCraft, so why the fuck not?

people hate dungeons and dragon's fantasy type media.

It has nothing to do with the genre. It has everything to do with World of Warcraft having the nerd stigma attached to it.

HEY SHILLS

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

>it's best 2016 movie yet.

Sorry m80 that was pic related

WHERE IS MY NIGHTELVES IN THE MOVIE?

>Michael Bay

>lore rape aside
I cant ignore it when it was done before the first scene was shot

THE MARVEL SHILL IS AT IT AGAIN

How long till the next one comes out by based Ducan?

>first war
>purplefags
sorry bruh, we still got another war with dragons, death knights, forest trolls and psychotic blademasters that suffer from PTSD's before we get the tree-fuckers
that is if the new director doesn't pull another Duncan and rewrites some shit compared to the original RTS

>bad boys
>bad boys 2
>the rock
>armageddon
>pain & gain
>transformers

Are you implying he's a bad director ?

Thats onviously not true, even with flaws these are all classics and very enjoyable, whats it like to be pleb ?

>Transformers
>Classic and very enjoyable

Pick neither.

>The animosity against this movie is very weird.
Not at all.

It's VERY understandable. Capeshit lovers will keep at it as long as they can.

Uther should be Russel Crowe not hiding his Aussie accent.

I blame Marvel for this

The orcs (excluding the babby) looked good. And the magic was fun. Sup Forums and reddit crybabies seriously underrated this shit.

The 8/10 imdb rating is more accurate and imo it's 7/10. Way better than watching capeshit.

but John Carter is fun

top comment

ah fuck, I only played the wacraft 3 one.

>how dare you call warcraft diarrhoea, it's actually a solid, well-formed piece of shit!

>death knights

>Dat Chogal lmao

>literally a sequel to the office
i liked it too, dead muslims are always good

oh and pic related, its best death knight

>he still believes the "Michael Bay is a bad director" meme
Sorry user, 13 Hours is his magnum opus.

>What was the extent of magni and the elves roll in the movie?

They are in like 2 scenes. Mostly sitting at a table doing nothing, and their CGI looking really out of place.

They honestly should have just made the entire movie CGI, or made an animated series.

>They are just minor things that don't really affect the story.
Confirmed for not knowing shit.
To name a few:

>Orgrim is now Frostwolf
>Garona is no longer bound by Gul'dan's magic
>Garona's love interest in Anduin Lothar
>Durotan actually seeking the help of humans

Turning Dalaran into Netheril was one of those ideas that I'm sure the instant Blizz came up with it they wished it had always been that way.

>It has everything to do with World of Warcraft having the nerd stigma attached to it.

I assume LOTR did too before the massively successful film franchise

>azeroth's minute mythology

Come on.

How are they not relatively minor things to help adapt to screen rather than game though?

If those are your complaints it seems like you're actively looking for things to dislike.

>Garona is no longer bound by Gul'dan's magic
Could you explain that? I seem to remember the movie mentioning that Gul'dan used the fel to revive her, hence why she is green. Presumably she is just as under Gul'dan's power as any other fel orc.

>I assume LOTR did too
Not really. People read the books, but the general public didn't know much about it.

Watched it this morning and enjoyed it.

The cgi looks so much less jarring than the trailers and infamous screencaps have suggested, and that's even after the cinema fucked up and showed it in 3D after selling it as a 2D screening.

The story pacing issues people have had with the speed are understandable at the beginning, but I'd prefer that to far too much exposition.

There are Easter eggs for wow players, but they're integrated well - things like a dungeon meeting stone and a murloc in the background, panning over Redridge etc. Nothing that feels too forced or alienating to non-players.

Dominic Cooper falls a little flat, but he's Dominic Cooper so that's hardly a surprise. And his screen time is minimal.

It doesn't follow the lore to a T, but it's an adaptation. It gets across the major points it needs to without major fuckery to it.
If Dalaran floating or the finer points of Medivh's dealings with Sargeras buttblast you enough to give you a negative perception of the movie then you're exactly the type of person the stigma against the movie is born from.

It's not clever, or deep. It's not gritty or realistic.
It's fun and it's flashy and it's entertaining and that's exactly what I was hoping for and expecting from it.

I heard that studio forced them to cut more than 40min of the film.

I don't think it's that there is a finished 2 hr 40 min version that was then chopped up by the studio, it's just that the studio were only willing to give a certain amount of money and they couldn't afford any more cgi.

twitter.com/RobertKazinsky/status/734755993775702016
twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/737339823644545025

Nah there's literally a 40 minute longer directors cut that Duncan Jones hopes to get released if there's enough demand.

Fucking this, describes my impression perfectly.
Go see that shit. Movies haven't been so unafraid to have genuine fun in a long time.

Watched it today and i have to agree with more or less everything user said.

The only thing to add is I'm not a huge wow player i knew bits like guldan is bad and the fel is bad but other then that i was able to follow the plot of the film pretty well.

The best thing i can say about this film in regards of other "block busters" are that this film actually has stakes in it so i ended up alot more invested for that reason plus how well they played the orcs off.

Characters you get attatched to either die or turn bad and i guess those who play the game know that going in but for me i didnt know so many would be killed off and none of them feel cheap (bar one in perticular) and they're done not for the shock but to match the theme of the film.

Watching it in imax definately helps but I dont get the negative hate. Yeah it has problems but so did other films that get a pass so i really would stress watch the film yourself and you might end up as surpised as i am

Regardless of how you feel about the movie, can we at least agree that Durotan was real husbando material?

Originally she only killed the king because of Gul'dan's magic.
There's been no hint whatsoever that she's influenced by him.

Yes I see now. Getting filled in on some of these differences now by a spoilery youtube review.

So was it the dawn of vidyakino after all?

Depends who you're asking.

20 000 commies thought it was good.

kinopoisk.ru/film/277328/

2000 frogs thought it was good (Except for their frog critics)

allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=129526.html

15 000 Blizzdrone shills on IMDB thought it was good.

imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

17 critics on Rotten Tomatoes thought it was as bad as Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege movie.

Who do you trust more?

they miss pronounced Orgrim and Mak'gora
but besides that
they didnt go back on their own logic like every other ep of GoT

8/10 pretty good

>kinopoisk.ru/film/277328/
If they thought it was good, I'll trust them. It says right there, pure kino.

Can anyone find a link to Duncan Jones saying that there is 40 minutes cut from the movie?

Over the past few weeks I've been shamelessly watching every interview he's given on the Warcraft promotion tour, and I follow him on twitter. There is plenty of reference to directors cut, dvd extras, scenes cut for budgetary reasons etc. but I can't find the 40 minutes figure.

Found it here
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/28/duncan-jones-on-showing-dad-david-bowie-warcraft-he-was-all-excited-for-me-and-happy.html

>Alas! When Jones whittled down his 2 hour and 40 minute cut to the final runtime of just over two hours, “we weren’t able to keep it in the cut. But somehow, maybe, I’ll just sneak it into the Twitterverse… he did a Warcraft-medievally version of his single, and it’s just brilliant. Unfortunately I was the only one who thought it was hilarious.”

It's a paraphrase by Daily Beast journalist rather than direct quote. I've never heard him say anything like that in other interviews.

>The Draenei exist due to WoW retcons
>Fel Magic instead of Mannoroth's Blood
>Humans using pistols in The First War
>Thrall is stillborn, Gul'dan uses Fel magic on him to revive him thus turning him green
>Garona is nothing but a fucktoy, not even a spy for the Horde
>Every human is sympathetic to her, not just Llane
>Garona falls in love with Lothar
>Llane tells her to kill him so Blackhand won't get the honour
>Garona cries while stabbing Llane in the neck and becomes the biggest Orc hero for doing so
>Stormwind doesn't get sacked shortly after Llane's death
>Gul'dan defeats Durotan in Mak'gora
>Lothar defeats Blackhand in Mak'gora
>Draka stabbed by a random Grunt
>Medivh gets doubleteamed by Lothar and Khadgar instead of a raid
>Flying Dalaran
>Grom and Kargath shown for absolutely no reason
>Ner'zhul is missing
>Orgrim is a Frostwolf and not a Blackrock
There are more.

I don't trust Rotten Tomatoes, when I see a critic saying this:

"excessive amounts of fantasy jibber-jabber mostly renders the film nonsensical to everyone else."

EVEN WHEN THE MOVIE BOMBED THEY KEPT SHILLING

BLIZARD IS RESTLESS

Mannoroth is mentioned at the start but not shown.

And the Karazhan raid was only the "echo" of Medivh.

why wouldn't a person who's into warcraft dislike dumb changes to the lore?

His withered body after his immortal soul is consumed by Gul'Dan

>And the Karazhan raid was only the "echo" of Medivh.
Karazhan gets raided in Warcraft by more than just Lothar and Khadgar.

Warcraft 1*

>And the Karazhan raid was only the "echo" of Medivh.

No, it wasn't.

Just got back from seeing it. Much better than I expected from the reviews and screenshots/clips.

The most disappointing factor was definitely the sound track, it's really quite generic. They play the WoW login music over the ending credits and it's by far the best music.

I'm hoping they get Russel Brower to do the soundtrack for 2.

No evidence of that at all. It's literally Medivh who dies there.

The only decent movie you posted was Pain & Gain, the others were all shit.

The whole movie should have been CGI.

I thought the soundtrack was one of the best parts. The theme with the horns and drums is pretty catchy.

>the fucked up the music
literally how, it's the only thing they haven't fucked up in a single expansion no matter how horse shit their game is

Bruh LOTR attracted loads of normies in book form.

>thus turning him green
That is in itself a retcon

That shit is all minor though.

Probably the critics.

This is a thread about the Warcraft film. You need to take your retarded, illiterate ass back to Sup Forumseddit.

Unless you seriously think Soule, Uelmen, Acree, Cardon, Guidotti or Brower composed for this film and not the meme composer Ramin Djawadi, famous for his "stellar" score he provided for Meme of Thrones.

Faggot.

>a film about a franchise of Blizzard
>with Blizzard working very closely with it
>it's unreasonable to assume that they're paying attention to the music as well, which they're very praised for
no need to sperg out

>IMDB

You idiots really need to learn how IMDB works. The movie doesn't even need to be out in order for people to give it reviews. The same exact thing happened with Batman/Superman.

>it's unreasonable to say the music for Warcraft by the composer who composed for Game of Thrones doesn't sound like the shitty, generic BWAAAAAUUUM music he also made for Game of Thrones

WeW: Lad of Lad

That's not what I said at all, reading comprehension you autistic fuck

TROLL RAID SCENE! HOLY SHIT!

Also there is actually 40 minutes cut not just the stuff they scratched, this is confirmed by the Comic con footage and even the stuff cut from trailers.

What you said was stupid and irrelevant.

I told you what you should have realized if you had actually seen the flick.

Have a nice day, fucko. : DDDDD

Not griutty or realistic are you some edgey motherfucking cuck or something?

Guldan was savage as fuck as was Blackhand, for a none r rated movie watching heads get smuclched and necks snap is pretty brutal not to mention the fucking torture scene where guldan literally drank the guy to death over and over torturing the poor bastard

obviously I haven't you illiterate fuck

maybe spend a little less time memeing on Sup Forums and pay attention in school

I still can't figure out why they cut Gul'dan's speech in front of the Dark Portal. It's literally the entire plot premise of the film being explained.
Plus the way Daniel Wu delivered it was pretty great.

troll raid scene will never be, they didn't CGI it

I really wish it did though, but pg-13 wouldn't have done it justice anyway. I'd love to see some limb ripping and what not. Savage beasts

"Death.... Life.... Death... Life....."

I was hooked from that comic con footage really wanted the world to see that shit and your fucking 666 trips just confirmed this film is fucking kino, I love im going to watch it again it was amazing