Has this man lost his shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=592&pid=1651663
youtube.com/watch?v=K7CQ6G0ILFQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If he did, it was two decades ago.

moreover his passion for filmmaking

lost themes 2 is dope

I literally just finished Prince of Darkness.

AMA u feggits

Hasn't made a good movie since They Live.

>made two albums while playing videogames with his son
>touring across the world
>68 years old
still seems pretty based to me.

Also the Sup Forums crowd would probably get a kick out of recent appearance on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast where they both rail against SJWs, #OscarsSoWhite and modern victim mentality.

Lost his passion? I thought it was just that he can't get any funding anymore.
When did you lose your passion for women?

Prince of Darkness is great.

>try to watch vampires
>get bored 30% into the movie

I even really liked Assault of Precinct 13 and stuff.
But vampires, I forced my self to partially watch.
NO BUENO

Link?

Hasn't made a good movie.

If you listen to John and Kurt's commentary on Big Trouble in Little China Carpenter mentions how he was taken aback by the liberal media accusing him of racism against asians. He was used to right wingers attacking him but the fact fellow liberals were doing to him really made him sad.
Kurt though of course is a libertarian and was like "told you so."

>I even really liked Assault of Precinct 13 and stuff.
Wow, you liked one of his most acclaimed films?

In the Mouth of Madness is better. In fact, it is one of his best.

>Wow, you liked one of his most acclaimed films?

it's probably his least watched film. also the worst written and edited. Nice try though.

I should note that BEE does that in every episode. he fucking hates SJWs and starts off every episode with a rant about them. Then he tries to get his guests to agree with him. Luckily Carpenter actually agrees with him anyway.

Thank you, gentle user.

Escape from LA>Escape from NY

Dude is giving concert at this venue, tonight.

Had this discussion with a previous user in a thread.

We both agreed that doing a fucking live recording for some basic ass electronic synth melodies is fucking retarded.

what? its hailed as an action classic you mongoloid

No, Escape from New York is one of his best.

By, who? you?

Ask any person in their 20's if they've seen it. answer will be no. Just because you frequent a board dedicated to movies, doesn't mean the literal billions of people o earth feel the same, or have even seen it.

The directing is good, buy the writing, editing, and acting is pure shit. Do I need to link you to the ice cream man scene? you delusional faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=K7CQ6G0ILFQ

>it's probably his least watched film.
Yeah no. It was even remade a few years back.
>also the worst written and edited.
Assault is a very low budget feature early in his career, but worst writing and editing? This man made Ghosts of Mars.
>Nice try though.
Behind Halloween and the Thing, AoP13 has been one of his most highly acclaimed films. Hell, the Thing wasn't even well received in its time. If you think otherwise, it's very likely you're under the age of 20.

I'm asian, and here I was thinking asians were pretty well represented in the 80s. There definitely was a time when asians were "in fashion."

Seemed like a lot of Hollywood films made an effort to include asian characters or themes (China Girl, Black Rain, Goonies, Gremlins, Temple of Doom, etc.)

>tfw got to meet him a few years ago at a convention
He chuckled when I gave him a poster of Escape from L.A. to sign

That's fine. That just shows how good of a film LA is.

Also the editing during the shootout in the precinct is awful.

Fuck, that video doesn't have the even worse scene of the father when he finds the daughter.

agreed

>Ask any person in their 20's if they've seen it. answer will be no.
So? That goes with any lesser known Carpenter film. Or any film that isn't the Thing or Halloween. Also, 20 year olds are not the majority of the world's population, and most Carpenter fans are older.
>Just because you frequent a board dedicated to movies, doesn't mean the literal billions of people o earth feel the same, or have even seen it.
Yeah? But you said it was his least watched film. Has nothing to do with his popularity over the world.
>The directing is good, buy the writing, editing, and acting is pure shit. Do I need to link you to the ice cream man scene? you delusional faggot?
Sound and fury much?

ywn drink with old cynical carp and argento :(