what is this

ruth nigga

If Lois Lane can be a redhead Tulip can be black

why does arseface show up like this
why does cassidy show up like this
why does the preacher show up like this
wtf is this

>Jesse kills some innocent guy with the voice
Even though it was totally unwittingly done, this still bugs me.

They changed up the plot obviously.

>daddy Custer was a preacher
>arseface knows Jesse
>Quincannon is a already the first villain

>The Saint of Killers

I just got to that scene
it was cringeworthy and dumb
I dont even understand the tone of the show. Is this a comedy show loosely based on Preacher?

you ready for CG tanks, user?

It's a rare qt nigress so it's ok.

Knowing nothing about the comics, this pilot was trippy as fuck. What the hell is going on?

when u realize they won't even dare touch the whole Jesse searching for god plot

Instead it's just some alien shit

Ive been waiting longer than alot of Sup Forums posters have been alive. I'm happy with it so far. To me the point isn't that they make it perfect. The point is that people will see this show and they will want to look at the source material.

It's called affirmative action. Do you have a problem with that, bigot?

I don't know where you tards get your info from. Everything about the introduction to Genesis points to a heaven/hell origin.

AMC will never touch that shit, if the HBO adaptation went through, everything would be perfect

Cassidy is perfect tho

I don't hear anyone bitching about gilguns tats though. Vampires shouldn't be able to keep tattoos. Especially one like Cassidy, who has been shown to be able to survive decapitation.

>The point is that people will see this show and they will want to look at the source material.
What good does that do, exactly?

I seriously can't believe people are still saying this. There have already been hints that at least the origins of genesis will be the same. There have been 2 main characters already say that God has stopped listening/talking to them. They practically shoved it in our face just to show it will be the same.

ruth negga a qt and half decent actress in the few other things I've saw her.

sorry I meant to say nigger nigger nigger ruined muh comic niggers fucking dropped.

Why the fuck not?

English Back isn't really Black.

Show opened literally with Outer Space, if you still think it's a heaven and hell story then you're shit out of luck

>What good does that do?
I guess it doesn't do anything "good'. I don't really understand the question in relation to my point.

Well good cuz she's actually Irish.

Raina?

Well, you've stated that the point isn't that they made it perfect (which they didn't), but that it will expose Preacher to "people", so that has to the the upside here in your opinion. So my question is, what good does Preacher, a 20 year old comic book, getting more exposure mean for it? Seems like you put that above getting a good adaptation which seems really fucking weird to me.

Actually , yes that's basically what Muh weed said on the talking preacher.

Guess what? The adelphi kept genesis locked up in space. I don't know why they chose to show them in the clouds and shit in the comics. Just like it didn't make sense that an angel from heaven would meet a demon from hell the way it happened.
Anyways, when the Chad angels come to tell the adelphi that genesis is loose, it seems like they mentioned flying down around the stratosphere. Im no astronaut, but I'm pretty sure the stratosphere is kinda the start of space.

>I don't know why they chose to show them in the clouds and shit in the comics.
because they were not in space

and fuck off with your r9k shit

Alright then. My best answer is that I'm happy that the show was made because people that didn't know about it will see it and look at the books maybe. If you didn't like the comics, I really cant expect you to understand what I'm getting at

why not both.jpg
why can't it be god and angel shit, but heaven and hell are a places or dimensions or whatever. To get to earth you have to fly through space. Instead heaven being fluffy clouds and shit.
I don't even know why you would care about this that much. What good does fluffy angel heaven or alien angels do if all the characters are turned into shit

Im just gonna post this from the comic so you can take what you want from it. There's no reason at all to believe that genesis couldn't have just flown through space like we all saw. Just expect a thread on the 5th with me either apologizing or telling you to suck my dick. Maybe even both.

Forgot this

Im pretty sure that was the intent of the writers but they never made it clear. Like the terms "comet with the face of an infant" and "out of the rising sun" makes the whole thing seem kinda skirmish to begin with

*Alienish is what I mean

These.

Also, I'm looking forward to Loving, Jeff Nichols is based.

I did like the comics, quite a lot. And that's why it pains me how the show turned out. I can't see any benefit from it for the comics. This, the show, was the only chance for an adaptation to be good, and it failed at that. There's nothing left.

does it bother you OP?

has the balls been cradle yet?

yes

Still doesn't mean they're in space. For all we know heaven and hell exists in their own pocket dimension, kind of helps to explain why that angel and demon met face to face.

The reason it can't be both is that the show will suffer for religious backlash due to the subject matter. It won't even have a chance to get a second season. That's why they'll go with alien shit