WHAT'S HAPPENING?

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

The Oppression of the Lannisters will never return

MACE THE ACE

I hope he sits on the Iron Throne by the end.

*Breathes heavily*

>actually keeps his helmet on during a possible confrontation
>plumage and prominent facial hair visible from across the battlefield, to rally troops to their lord
>stentorian voice audible from miles away
Mace = GOAT battlefield commander

Good question, Mace. Nothing happened in this episode other than Benjen.

>Arya watches the play... Again
>Sam and Gilly eat dinner and leave
>Face off again High Sparrow. Trailers made it out to be an epic stand off... Nothing happens.
>Walder Frey and his sons chit-chat
>Danny gets on a dragon

BRAVO D&D

Was that the single greatest speech in GOT history? "the madness has overtaken this city!"

The speech was so great that his troops didn't even need to shout or rally. Mace is truly the greatest general in history.

Friendly reminder MACE THE ACE has outlived Stannis, Tywin, Ned, Robb, Renly, Doran, Oberyn, Roose, Balon, Hodor etc.

>>plumage and prominent facial hair visible from across the battlefield, to rally troops to their lord

Please, no one is going to be able to pick out that droopy feather in a cavalry charge, let alone see his beard from across the battlefield. That's why you have banners, user.

Friendly reminder that Mace successfully negotiated the Crown's debt with the Iron Bank solely via the power of his gorgeous singing.

Maybe it's just that I'm really done with the High Sparrow's shit but honestly just kill them all. His cronies have no armor and fight using wooden clubs. King's Landing stopped being interesting since Oberyn died.

It was Dany you shitlord!

The first thing that came to mind when I saw him, boy is Sup Forums gonna have a field day with him

This whole Faith Militant storyline has been so goddamn boring ever since its inception. I mean, FUCK, a small army of fanatics with bats and knives overtakes the whole city loaded with soldiers and Kingsguard? They imprison queens and princes and get away with it? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAH.

I had a chuckle at that. The actor is surprisingly good, he can make you laugh at Mace, but you don't think of him as just straight up comic relief, he's got a tragic quality to him. He clearly wants to be respected by his peers and subjects but sort of knows deep down it's never going to happen.

I shouldn't have to explain it because the show does it for you. The High Sparrow most of the city brainwashed. The common people are on his side. If the military fucked them up, then everyone would revolt and it would be for nothing. High Sparrow has made it certain none of this would happen anyway by seducing Tommen.

"My friends, the our has come. Madness has overtaken this city, and grasped in its claws my children! But now we must drive it back under the rocks whence it came. Madness has had its daaaaay!

What's the High Sparrow's end game?

Does he want to rule among the nobles and is just using the faith as an angle?

Mace the Ace is the one true king.

Power, it's all about power. It's just that Sparrow's power is not centered about money and fancy things.

I'm disappointed the High Sparrow is simply another person out for power instead of being the religious fundamentalist he pretends to be.

Theocracy

Welcome to GoT. End of the day, nobody has any motives other than gaining power, and if you think someone is a good guy then GRRM is laughing at you for being so stupid, then he's going to kill them anyways.

It doesn't even make sense why the commoners would be pissed off now of all times. The war in the south is over, the Tyrells brought a shitton of aid to the capital and the only reason the Faith Militant emerged was to relieve the Crown's debt. It wasn't some naturally emerging organization in response to unrest.

>The Oppression of the Lannisters will never return

YOU HAVE LOST MY LORD

This, I was pretty let down by this episode's "development" of the High Sparrow character. I really wanted an eschatological / mendicant type who wanted to dissolve society into permanent poverty and thereby bring about the end of the world.

GRRM has set up so much of ASOIAF as a parallel to the Crisis of the Late Middle Ages, so I thought we would see something like the Fraticelli or Dulcinians. Maybe I give him too much credit. The Sparrows are very similar to the heretics of that era regardless of his intentions though. This is also why I think we will see a widespread pandemic by the end of the series (obviously greyscale, with Jon Con being patient zero), much like the Black Death.

Would follow this man into glorious battle.

ascension to at the very least having the king's ear. he played it masterfully, IMO. the only hole in that plot is how he was able to keep everyone in check for so long. the logical thing to do would just ride in and slay him and his prepubescent followers in robes and end it.

>Would follow this man into glorious battle.

COME WITH ME AND TAKE HIS CITY

still 0 leadership skill and his speech boiled down to "go die for me my interest"

>implying GRRM had a hand in the show writing and isn't just leaving the show for dead

the common people wouldn't have done shit. all crowds do is follow whoever is the scariest in charge. if the military rolled up and butchered the sparrow and his followers, the people would have just forgotten about them. you're overestimating how controlling the soft minded majority works.

>muh entitlement
>give me what the dead guy promised

End game? Nigga these writers don't even know what they are doing. They have the actors stand in front of a set and do whatever they please. After that they spend 50% of the budget on Dragons and try to make another season out of the pile of shit they have.

just kill the city.they produce nothing so its not like it would be a loss to the kingdom, kill everyone and mask it when traders come asking questions.pump in dispossessed people from the wars and this time take in less so there is no starvation

UNLIMITED GOOOOOOLD

>The war in the south is over

Dorne is in revolt, the Riverlands are on fire, and the Vale is just marching to war. King's Landing could be under siege again within a month.

And the Faith Militant didn't show up for debt relief, it was a spontaneous outpouring of fanatics angry at how the war was treating the Church and the people. The people supported the Church, and were rewarded by a secure city, a purging of filthy nobles who had started this whole mess, and that doesn't just go away overnight.

someone should set it to lord of the rings soundtrack and make his voice deeper

I just want to see the zombie mountain kill all the sparrows and be done with them

Once again the show has given us bullet points, where in the book there are some actual motivations for the events taking place. The whole Sparrow thing is just shy of a full on peasant revolt against the nobility of Westeros for the atrocities perpetrated in the War of Five Kings. The common folk ARE the Sparrows. The only reason any of it came about is that thousands of them filed into the city from the countryside and started demanding shit. Meanwhile the Lannister armies are spread thin in the Riverlands, putting down various rebellious lords, and the Tyrell host is invested at Storm's End (holdout for Stannis).

The show hasn't adequately shown us any of this, though.

No, NO it is you who has lost

My biggest disappointment was not getting to see the queen do the walk of atonement. I wanted to see her naked so bad.

So silly how the producers try to show that the peasants are on the side of the Sparrows.

By the way this Westeros society is shown, it doesn't appear that the Church of the seven has any regular army, only poorly armed zealots.

Such a revolt could easily been crushed in a feudal society. And instead of this we get, HAHA; HIGH SPARROW SO SMART LOL

to me he is more like Waldensians

The high sparrow is a kind of enemy you have to win against with his own methods. Extortion and manipulating the masses. He may wear rags but he lives in a castle.

You have literally brain damage

>Arya abondons Faceless Men she's been working with for past 2 Seasons
>Sam basically becomes renegade and steals Valyrian sword
>Tommen becomes pawn of Faith, basically meaning the Faith now controls the Seven Kingdom
>Dany actually gets ready to leave the fuckin Mereen and do shit
>Jaime goes to Riverlands like he's supposed to

Fantastic episode, sorry there weren't any cock jokes to keep you entertained

Not really. The Sparrows existed about 200 years earlier in the game of thrones universe, and the Targ king at t he time just fucking slaughtered them all

Poorly armed is debatable. We know that a lot of knights like Lancel joined up, and they might still have their armour and warhorses kicking around.

Anyways, it's not that every peasant in the Kingdoms is on the Sparrow's side; it's that all the refugees crowding into King's Landing are on the side of the city, and the High Sparrow is basically holding the royal court hostage. First he got the High Septon job, then he started his own purge. The only chance the nobility has is to try and ride out the insanity, let Jaime put down the Blackfish and bring the army back so they can properly crush the Sparrows and prevent a massacre of blue bloods.

It's got ties to the English Peasant's Revolt, which captured London and caused all kinds of shit. The Peasants were beaten in battle, but not before there was plenty of death.

this, there maybe fallout but by killing the sparrow they would show that he is not invariable + gods did not protect him.after that all you would need is to dump money into aid for poor give them parties and shit so they feel like the life is not only ok but also improving(put a band aid on it) once the momentum is dead things could go back to the old way
you are thinking of a french revolution type situation, which in turn would make the current goal of co existence impossible if the poor really do hate the kind that much. + the church would lose cred.
>atrocities perpetrated
you acting like its the first time in their history, all that shit is regular life to them, some of them fought in robert's rebellion
>The only reason any of it came about is that thousands of them filed into the city from the countryside and started demanding shit.
and then they wonder why there is not enough food.
they are not entailed to anything, monarchy as shown in the show is a half assed protection racket. might makes right and unless you are saying the king is impotent than he does not have to take this shit

Maybe the FM was put into place by the Iron Bank

Yeah, it's not like she gets her tits out in a billion movies and shows she was in, including this one

Actually yes, that's much more accurate. The Sparrows really don't get up to the sort of outlandish cavorting that the Dulcinians did.

The High Sparrow is basically what would happen if Waldo had thrown Alexander III out and become Pope himself.

>So silly how the producers try to show that the peasants are on the side of the Sparrows.

That's how it was in the books.

>Such a revolt could easily been crushed in a feudal society.

There is no standing army left in Kings Landing and the armed zealots out number whatever garrison is left. also go read about peasant revolts that happened in history

It really reminds of shit YA books that have a lot of such "smart" moves

"eyyyy wazzappeningggggg, who's yo daddy it's me, yee I yo daddy, why me you daddy, cause I did yo mama, cause I'm superfly! yeaaah you suck, but yo mama, oooh" superfly

yes yes, but in this particular case the current high sparrow has a significant position of power. He uses extortion and the threat of revolt to keep his power. If someone wants to remove the sparrow without total bloodshed of the actual piss poor people of kings landing you have to beat him at his own game.

That was Maegor's answer for EVERYTHING though.

Why is Kevan Lannister such a non-entity on the show? He's the god damn hand of the king and yet he has little to no power

>Arya
Arya resolved, we have to wait for her to be confronted by the other girl for situation to actually move.
>she's been working with for past 2 Seasons
so all that time has given us nothing but this
>Sam basically becomes renegade and steals Valyrian sword
renegade from whom?His dad hated him regardless and he is still going to the tower. hell the whole thing was bullshit since his dad did not come of as much of a dick as sam always said and he really could have made up some kill count to impress his dad.
>Tommen becomes pawn of Faith, basically meaning the Faith now controls the Seven Kingdom
only as much as Tommen controls the seven kingdoms (which is not much really)
>Dany actually gets ready to leave the fuckin Mereen and do shit
like 1000 times before. she still does not have any ships and iron born are only just getting on the production. my prediction about the next ep is that she will retake one of the lost cities off screen and fags from the alliance will ask tyrion what the fuck is going on so in turn he will go to danny. that will be it, ultimately he may end up being the warden of Mereen
>Jaime goes to Riverlands like he's supposed to
so?

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am getting at this show. If I have to hear another Tyrion quip or another 'inspirational' Dany speech I'm going to be very cross indeed. Its is Memes. It is imdb. It is video games. It is Reddit.

he read the books :^)

this desu, I actually liked this episode, the only annoying thing was the talk between Cersei and Jaime, but just because is so far away from the books; and I still like the books much much better, and shit...
but I think this episode was good

Its terrible now. For the most part I really liked the first 4 seasons, but 5 just ruined everyting. I just want it to end

hang yourself on that cross you whining bitch

Just exaggerating for comedic effect, my family member

At first I thought he said Magnets

I heard Magnus

not the same fag, but:
do you realize that some of your complaints happened also in the books?
I mean what do you want?

its slowly getting better again. cheer up mate

>Arya abondons Faceless Men she's been working with for past 2 Seasons
nah its a test to see if shes ready. If she survives she can use her stark powers to make her a better killer than waif would ever be.

why does he have jaime's current haircut?

Did I imply that the book is prefect?hell book is worse in some aspects, like introducing a new targ in dance

It really isnt. Its just dragons vs ice zombies now and nothing else really matters

He's one of the plebs that only watch the show for the character death of the week.

Walder Frey confirmed for the final victor

dark side

>WHAT'S HAPPENING?
We've lost.
D&D are in charge now.

He's such a great cast.

>What is Roose's end game?
>What will Stannis do next?
>What would happen to Daenerys if another Targaryen with a stronger claim appeared?
>What is Doran's end game?

>What is the High Sparrow's end game?

Reminder that if a character's final stage is up to speculation the only answer is being written off. The High Sparrow will die a flashy death, followed by a witty one liner that ultimately leads the plot nowhere.

dey tooker

Every episode has one or two great scenes, but for the rest of the time it's like I'm watching a shitty movie.

>The High Sparrow will die a flashy death, followed by a witty one liner
Do you think it will be "He did not fly so good"?

>>What is Doran's end game?

Being dead, letting the Sand Snakes ruin the Dorne subplot, rotting.

So Cersi essentially creates the High Sparrow giving him power by arming the faith. It blows up in her face.

Then this perpetual-smirk shithead thinks she can do the same thing without it blowing up in her face.

In trying to think up some memey shit, I actually realized that GRRM's decision to call them "Sparrows" is actually a pretty clever fusion of their religious motives & economic motives.

>But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.

Common, but the eyes of the gods are on them.

Also, "horse and sparrow" economics, the common people being the sparrows, naturally-- the nobility being horses. Literally the equestrian elite in this metaphor.

Probably some other shit related to sparrows throughout the history of the West that I'm not thinking of. Maybe Catullus 2?

rude 2bh

pff, no. he got played: The Iron Bank already made arrangements to collect the debt with Stannis at the time. Now they are going to do it with another kingdom and so on until they get their money back.

Show sucks, but one way or the other that plot must come to make them pay their debts. With the civil war coming it wouldn't be shocking that some Iron Bank clerck shows up saying they funded the Sparrows and gave them weapons and armor.

The Lannisters can't do shit about it in the show, supposedly their gold mines are depleted

>implying religions don't work that way

Fanatics are useful but their leaders always have an agenda

it was the right decision though, that fanatic army is a huge security risk in any kingdom

>people must change their hairstyle because time has passed

Never understood this argument

pff no. He is cursed, whatever happens now it's going to be bad for him and his legacy. All his kids and lands will be torn apart from him.

The red wedding will get him, he fucked up really hard

Scrap those last 2 things because that's not something that happened, build up for something that's gonna happen. But mostly you're right.

Jaime always had his golden locks when he was young. It also signifies that the scene takes place before the beginning of the show since that's when he had that hair.

Sure, but wouldn't a true believer be a little more interesting? In this case we're just getting more of the same game-player shit, with religious trappings.