4 years, 4 bombs

Seriously what happened to Depp's star power? Wasn't long ago that every girl wanted his dick. Now no one is watching his shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E
wikiart.org/en/zdislav-beksinski/untitled-1956#close
youtube.com/watch?v=6dosfiJdr0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is everyone so #madatmort?

Apparently he was great in Black Mass
New Nic Cage

he went to shit after nightmare on elm street

depp never really had that much star power, jack sparrow did. Once jack sparrow dies so does his career, if he can't pull off another pirates movie hes done.

Not Marvel movies.

This.

He was lucky enough to still look as if he was in his 30s while he was actually i his 30s. Than he turned fucking 50 and it's starting to show. For the first time hes actually staring to look his age. The emo/goth chicks who bought all the 2010 Alice merch at Hot Topics have started to notice and are starting to stay away from his projects because old men are creepy.

They are creepy because they still want sex even though they are old and because they remind use of our own future deaths.

this, most of you are too young to remember this, but pre -Pirates Depp was bombing frequently, and had like 1/3 the star power Pitt had.

>mortdecai bombed

Not a girl but still want his dick

Bad film choices really.

Before Pirates he (and Burton) were slightly weird but popular guys. Never achieved breakthrough mainstream success but were loved by their fans.

Since pirates Depp has been going for mainstream and got typecast and Burton has just become a caricature of himself. So when Depp does Burton films they're shit and can't salvage his career.

needs to reunite with leo to save his career

I think it was around the point Pirates 4 came out

He does the same character in every movie he's in. "Weirdo Johnny Depp directed by Tim Burton" it's fucking lame and when you've seen one of his movies you've seen everything Johnny Depp has to offer.

>le acting aloof guy

Shit is tiring and old senpai.

Lone Ranger was kino famalam

The logic is quite simple.

He was popular when he was pretending he's still young, once he started doing roles closer to his actual age the popularity dropped off sharply.

he never was that good of an actor anyway but one of my all time favorite movies is with him (The Ninth Gate) but i'm not sure if i just like the story or it's because of him

It was one of his best, I don't know why he didnt get more recognition for it.

hopefully he's forced into making the Mortdecai franchise

Dont EVER read The Club Dumas (the book The 9th Gate is based on).
>assholes, assholes everywhere
>le secret, pretentious af book club
The 9th Gate stripped it down to its good parts.

Transcendence was cool, fuck you.

Has he managed to actually out-JUST Brendan? Does this mean there is hope for Brendan after all? :)

He doesn't care dude, he just takes what's easy.

Here needs to be in another pirates movie 2bh.

Pirates 5 comes out in a year.
There's no way that's gonna bomb so he'll unjust himself in a year.

Pirates ruined his range. He does the same shit in all his movie now and it got old.

He's getting old

He's too old.
This should be a Beksinski thread.

I think this is the case.

Women just like Disney shit, outside of that they stopped caring about Depp.

>tfw I liked Transcendent

Why are they doing another Pirates and why is it taking so long?

Unlike Brendan, Depp still gets to see his kids, still gets non straight to dvd film roles, and banged Amber Hearst.

He was exposed for being a mostly gimmicky hack.

Nice dubs. I really like Lone Ranger. The run time is a bit much but it's pretty great

This. His performance in that will be getting him work for the rest of the decade.
He's going to be fine desu

i fucking hate him since willy wonka

This.

Aftet Jack Sparrow there was a desire to see Depp in funny costumes.

He's a good actor. He just sold out after PotC blew up.

It simply became a meme to hate him. Lone Ranger wasn't even bad, unless you were told so on the internet before watching it

Ed Wood is his best role.

>people ITT pretend Black Mass was good
>people ITT pretend Depp was good in Black Mass

Hello neo Sup Forums!

i couldn't agree more.

here is one of my favourites.

and film.

man i wish i had these in the best possible quality there is

This.

>mortdecai
i liked it

another great one.

i wonder how a movie set in this type of universe would look.
i imagine it would be similar to youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxCZNkQ9E

Movies can't rely on big name actors anymore.

Star power isn't a thing.

Kevin Smith apparently schooled Bruce Willis about it.

It WAS bad.

But in the world of summer blockbusters post 2000 that term is relative.
Worse films have been better received and been more financially successful for sure.

Blame the drink and drugs on the fact he's aging badly and his awful film choices. Need to pay for the habit somehow.

I'd say he's not even reading the scripts in advance, but his record is so bad it seems like he has to be trying to pick bad rolls at this point.

>>>/mort/ general when??

Its been too long m8

>foreign audiences paid nearly $40M to watch this piece of shit
>it still didn't come close to earning back its production budget

I saw Mortdecai in the theater. It was okay. Far from the worst movie I've ever seen in the theater (that pierce brosnan low budget spy movie or David Mamet's red belt were awful)

It's better after repeated viewings
I could see it being shown a lot on cable

What the fuck was wrong with Beksinski anyway?Was he fucked up in real life too?

>I saw Mortdecai in the theater
Whoa

What is it even about anyway?

no, normal guy, got murdered by some druggie/loser

>>people ITT pretend Black Mass was good
>>people ITT pretend Depp was good in Black Mass
>Hello neo Sup Forums!

Pretending that he won't still be working because of that "not My son!" Scene for the next 5 years is pretty imaginative kido

I think i read somewhere that he was heavily inspired by his dreams. He also suffered from a lot of nightmares.

>David Mamet's red belt were awful

so you've seen like five movies in the theatre?

found a website with his and many many more in much better quality if anyone is interested.

wikiart.org/en/zdislav-beksinski/untitled-1956#close

It did literally nothing for his career. Nice try though

no, but I remember Red Belt being shit

As an actor, WHY would you get a shitty hand tat? He has to sit for makeup to cover it up for EVERY film now.

More like 4 years 4 huge paychecks.

>>>>/mort/ general when??

Literally no one on Sup Forums has seen the fucking film. We can only pretend to talk about it for so long.

>you now know that the real end of the unexpected virtue of ignorance was supposed to feature Johnny Depp in the same position as the birdman in the beginning of the movie, this time talking to Jack Sparrow

A nice metaphor for why his career went to shit.

Honesly Depp doesn't have any movies that I dislike, and I've saw them all.

Hell I've been watching Depp movies since Benny & June.

This. He's generally an eclectic actor who just does roles for friends or roles he thinks are fun. Jack Sparrow was something he wanted to do for fun iirc. It just worked magnificently.

I love the pirates movies, I don't care how cheesy they get. I never want them to stop making them. I don't even watch those for Johnny Depp. Barbossa is the real boss.

he is an art dealer that has to find some missing painting

that munn woman is in it.
I remember looking at Gwenyth and thinking "oh, that's why people hire her"

I forgot what awful person she is in real life

people only go watch superhero films. he should suck in his beer gut and board the marvel gravy train for $10mil

he's gonna be the new iron man

At least he can narrate Hunter S Thompson-documentaries for the rest of his goddamn life

Depp doesn't give a shit whether people like his movies or not. He just makes films he likes and if other people like them, good for them.

Black Mass was actually really good.

I honestly think it was the hair.

Out of the other three I only saw Lone Ranger, and that 100% deserved to bomb.

> (You)
>It did literally nothing for his career. Nice try though

Checked IMDb lately? Might want to try using more than one page on your browser at a time sport.

I liked Alice Through The Looking Glass but most immediately despise it for not being the book and for using CGI. Plus Saint Amber's false allegations likely shaved a couple more million off.

Money and money.
Like, they know if they get it right it'll take huge bank.
But they also know they have to get it right and there's a lot that can fuck it up or execs and senior crew on that film will watch their careers tank. I imagine it's stalled by committee decisions at every turn.
I mean, people like Jack Sparrow but Jonny Depp is a liability now, and there's bugger all reason to go see it but for Jack Sparrow.

are you high

He is not hot anymore. He should get fit again and hop on the capeshit train.

He seems to be drowning his sorrows in booze though. He appears to have been drunk/high constantly since 2014.

But it's fun to play pretend

If we saw the film we could have more material to mock it.

We should stream it sometime.

He really, really doesn't. Watch Secret Window and then tell me he's the same in every movie. Or Black Mass, which I haven't seen but you can tell just by the trailer that it's a massively different character. Or hell, watch Fear and Loathing

Johnny Depp has one of the greatest ranges in the business, a bit like Jim Carrey. There are seriously very few actors who can play such eccentric characters in some movies and then play very normal and characters in others.

*normal and reserved characters

Well lads, could it bomb?

i am and that pic blows my mind

It will if her lies and fake evidence "hold up" in court.

LE KEK was funny tho

>I liked Alice Through The Looking Glass but most immediately despise it for not being the book and for using CGI.

youtube.com/watch?v=6dosfiJdr0g

Story?

No one's seen it. How can they be mad about it?

nice photoshop

What about Black Mass? That turned out okay.