Why didn't guns or explosions hurt him when he was giant?

Why didn't guns or explosions hurt him when he was giant?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good lord, Sup Forums has the most cringe inducing memes.

How did he breathe in the quantum realm?

How did he deus ex machina back out of it with the growth shuriken when pym said it was impossible?

How can he stand on people without sinking through them?

How can his tiny punches send people flying instead of just stinging them?

Why was he strong and suddenly heavy when he went big?

They were firing flares and small arms at him, Vision could have cut him in two if he was serious.

Is that Mole-Man?

>How did he breathe in the quantum realm?
Mask had a little air in it
>How did he deus ex machina back out of it with the growth shuriken when pym said it was impossible?
It was impossible for Ant woman because she didn't have the grow stuff then.
>How can he stand on people without sinking through them?
>How can his tiny punches send people flying instead of just stinging them?
>Why was he strong and suddenly heavy when he went big?
Yeah, these don't make any sense.

How did he shrink to the quantum realm if his atoms didn't shrink? They just moved closer together.

>Why was he strong and suddenly heavy when he went big?

This. Becoming larger should have made him less dense and shit, possibly to the point where he would become a human blimp.

If you showed someone from 1650 all the things a smartphone can do, they would be just as skeptical about that as you are with this movie

>Becoming larger should have made him less dense and shit

uh what?

When he shrinks, he maintains his original density

So if he were to grow, and also maintain his density, then he should be as strong as he was at six feet as he is at thirty. So even though he's enormous he shouldn't be able to lift more than a few hundred pounds, instead of grabbing war machine out of the air like it's nothing.

what the fuck does that even mean

the tech in the movie is obviously beyond our understanding, questioning it is pointless

it's beyond our understanding because it doesn't make sense

they explain how it works in the movie, it's just that their explanation is contradictory to how it actually works.

No it's just bullshit plot science

Which is fine, because a lot of sci-fi has that, but don't act like it's anything more

what was it?

Because Pym Particles works under its own set of laws that wasnt explained in the MCU.

This is how they work/used to work on the comics. Those values might have been inverted or rearranged in the MCU's Pym Particles.

Summing up, manipulating the pym particles to make you bigger or small means that your strenght or durability will grow proportionally. It is known that in the MCU, ant man shrinking makes him stronger, so going giant means that it makes him more resistant.

Thats why you cant just blow him or shoot him.

You could, for example, step on ant-man and kill him but usually he's strong enough to hold you in this state. But if he was not making any effort, then he would probably die.

I think you're confusing words user. It's his mass that remains constant. Density is mass/volume, so when he shrinks his mass is divided by a smaller and smaller number, meaning his density becomes extremely large. When he gets bigger (increases his volume), his density will decrease and eventually he will become light enough to float away into orbit, as did my sides when watching that fight scene

You're right, my bad.

>Summing up, manipulating the pym particles to make you bigger or small means that your strenght or durability will grow proportionally.

>ant man shrinking makes him stronger, so going giant means that it makes him more resistant.

you are a pathetic mouth breathing retard and probably eastern yuropooran too. what a crock of shit

Human skin is actually quite a good barrier as is, let alone if it's suddenly 10x thicker.

You don't get seriously hurt by airsoft/paintball guns, and if someone puts a few grains of gunpowder on your skin then sets it off, it might mildly sting - but neither are going to seriously injure you.

It's not like they wanted to kill him anyway, otherwise Tony would have used his "cut everything in half" laser, or Vision would have cut him in half.

Shit, if they were trying to kill each other, Scarlet Witch would have just broke all of Iron Man's team into pieces straight away.

What? I know things don't work like that in the real life, you stupid moron.

Thats how those made up particles on this made up universe in this kid comic works, stupid sperg.

I could go on and on, but it's literally like this. It's mentioned a couple of times in the movie itself that going small makes him stronger, that's why people fly when he hits them. The same logic might apply to when he goes strong, but with his durability.

>Does anyone have any orange slices

Nice ***humor*** Marvel, very well done, Rudd pulled it off very nicely

>when he goes big*

Maybe he got heavier when he went big because they designed it so that it would?

Otherwise, fuck density, his heart would have given out instantly

For the 1001th time, Pym Particles allow you to control your size, mass and density.

Nigga, are you seriously trying to make sense of Pym particles? When you have finished can you talk us through the physics of the Speed Force please?

He doesn't maintain his original mass. How could he stand on Michael Pena's shoulder unnoticed if that was the case?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles
>The Pym Particles work by shunting matter into the Kosmos Dimension when shrinking a subject or accruing extra matter from that dimension when enlarging.

All of them

then tell us more about the punch force

Fucking this.
This heap of shit
Utterly ignores the effects of gravity.

>I don't understand Pym Particles

I actually didn't get that joke, care to explain?

Half time/after sports snack/refreshment.

>then tell us more about the punch force
Its all about Pym Particles, if you cannot control them you hit like a bullet.

He's a big guy

What is this, a picture for ants?

Came to say this tbqh

I thought it was a Godfather reference that made no sense

ANTS