BvS appreciation thread

BvS appreciation thread

Marvelshills can fuck off

I appreciated when it ended.

Garbage.
3/10

where are the webms at?

Spamming.

It was 6/10. Man of steel was 7.5/10. The force awakens was 5/10 and civil war was a 7/10.

Fuck off otherwise.

>see MoS in theaters
>its okay 7/10 film

>watch it again for the first time last night
>literally 9/10 cinematic experience

i can't wait to watch 3 hour BvS

M A R T H A
A
R
T
H
A

Trips confirm

yes, because with death imminent I'll say, 'BEFORE YOU KILL ME I'D LIKE FOR YOU TO LISTEN; THEY HAVE ME MA, YOU SEE. AND I'D LOVE IT IF YOU WERE TO GO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND HER IN THE FEW MINUTES SHE HAS LEFT BEFORE SHE'S ROASTED. SHE'S MY MUM, SEE; MOTHER; ME MA. HER NAME'S IRREVERENT. JUST KNOW SHE'S ME MA.

At least call her "my mother"

Of course, that most assuredly would have aided the detective in locating her before her imminent death.

Yeah, and leaving it at "Martha" really narrows it down.

Telling him the location of the warehouse is what narrows it down, there was NO reason for Superman to call her Martha, absolutely no need for that information whatsoever.

New autist essay

Of course there was a need.
How else could they resolve the fight?

If you were his opponent saying Martha to you would be as purposeful as trying to find a needle in a haystack that's the size of Rhode island. But seeing as how the greatest detective of all time was his opponent, it'd be a normal sized haystack and with the name Martha being given, the Dark knight would simply use his trusty metal detector.

It honestly baffles me how people praise this piece of shit. Even Jeremy Irons is telling you guys how fucking stupid it was.

It's astounding to me how Snyder was capable of Watchmen, arguable one of the best capekino's to date, and then pulled this monstrosity from his ass.

It was a 4/10.

DCshills lowered it to a 2/10.

There was no reason for Supes not to just save her, like he does with Lois.

He knew Batman was a detective, he also knew his end was immiment, what would you have him say that's simply one word.

tick toc kids, time's nearly up, you have three seconds you're out of breath and you're hurting all over and weakened, and this dude's about to stab you with death, what do you say?

Now it has to be one word. Tick toc gents.

By having Batman kill Superman
Call it the Dusk of Justice, if you may

He said several words you dumb twat.

Batman doesn't have a Martha detector. Ultimately, Batman finds Martha not through her name or relation to Superman, but simply by knowing that Luthor's goons have her, and the location of the goons. "Luthor has my mother" would have had the same result, and would have been faster.

He didn't know where she was, did he? He heard Zod's voice which drove him to go after them. Martha was whimpering for a bit and he didn't hear her. Zod's voice attracted him.

Fuck Ron Jeremy, I mean the butter fly dude, I mean humbert humbert. And fuck you. BVS was better than the shit awakens and avengers 2.

>He knew Batman was a detective
Why do BvS defenders always straight up lie about it...?

>Deservedly so. I mean it took £800 million, so the kicking didn't matter but it was sort of overstuffed...' 'It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it's more linear.'

No, you impetuous cunt, he said Martha and imminent doom was suddenly not so imminent because Batman paused if only momentarily and then he said more words.

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character says that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

Tryhard as fuck

pasta as fuck

Superman can hear clouds scrape together. He saved Lois from a fall in seconds and from terrorists also in seconds.

But his Mom?

Nah. Then he's powerless.

Because Movie.

Then have him say Mother.

Yes because after following every incident and case involving the Bat of Gotham he overlooked the obviousness of his quarry's abilities.

You fucking marvel fucks!

He says Martha, Batman says who, He has Martha, Batman stabs him. Whose Martha? We know Lex is the one who brought us together so maybe he's saying Lex has her. And if Lex has her I can almost swear his henchman, whose phone I have hacked, has her. Follow Lex's muscle, I'll find out who this Martha person is.

But you being a Disney shill has robbed you of any thinking ability that isn't maRey Sue mary sueing her way out of another conveniancy.

>Muh marvel
>I overlook internal inconsistencies within the writing of things, assume a bunch of shit and then call it superior intelligence!
Kill yourself

nerdrage

>Every incident and case
You mean getting triggered by one article about brands?
If he'd researched every case, he'd see the good Batman did.

So no, it was just gut feeling hate.

Because this Superman is retarded.

Because Movie.

Yes because him listening to a thousand things with a shit tonne of stuff going on around him not to mention the sirens and the rest of it, and if he's not focusing on Martha's voice, which he wasn't, the only thing that stood out was Zod's voice. Hence why Martha was gagged.

Yes, say mother and then have him get stabbed and Martha dies, because his last words was Mother, and not Martha.

Admit it, you lot are leeching on a dog's tit for no reason at all.

You guys sure showed me with those images. I feel so verclempt.

There was literally no reason for him to say Martha.

But he could listen to a faint noise with a huge fucking battle around him when Lois was in trouble, could he not?
This movie breaks itself, glad to see you fags get so worked up trying to defend the indefensible

Name those inconsistencies. I know you can't but keep on spouting bullshit because it is what your kind does, no?

Sadam did a lot of Good too. Didn't you see it? By nailing baby heads to walls and bathing entire families in acid, his reign of terror kept the real extremist at bay, Assad did the same for Syria. But some how, much like Clark in the movie, some white knight only saw the bad these great men did and then murkied the water enough so that the real threats could rise to the top. Good going guys.

Did you watch the movie? He just keeps asking what he meant by that, and it takes Lois throwing herself on top of Superman to make the connection that "Martha" is Superman's mother. From there, finding her is very easy.

What would make it easier is to say that Luthor has his mother. There is no good reason why Superman leaves out both the full name of who Lex has, and the fact that it's Lex who has her. It's a good thing Lois showed up or else the last 2 members of the Kent family would have died.

>>>>>Wasting this much time overanalyzing this fucking garbage

Yeah, fuck you. I'm not even going to try, so fuck you.

Yes, because Lois being a hundred yards form him is the same as Martha being several miles away. You Marvel shills.

We were not addressing how long it took for Batman to get it, we're addressing his motivation to say Martha. He could not have said Luthor has my mother, he had gotten a lung full of poison and that coupled with the approaching kryptonite meant he was sick and out of breath so he managed a one off, Martha.

>Zod
BvS mate, Zod are a dead.

You know how you focus on important sounds when you hear them, even against background noise...?

How come you do that for everything, but Superman can only do it for lois...?

And if he knows his Mother's in trouble, why not THEN listen for her heartbeat?

As for "he would have died", you're basically arguing that "the movie did it this way, so it was the best and only way."

Except it was totally contrived. If their Mothers were Doris and Jean, would Supes have coughed up DORIS??

No.

The only reason he says Martha is, you guessed it...

Because Movie.

How did Lois know they'd need the spear?
Why could Superman find Lois Lane through a faint noise but not Martha Kent?
How could he find her in the middle east? How did he know she was in trouble?
How would anyone believe Superman shot people in the middle east?
How did Luthor know who Kent/Wayne were?
How did Supes know who Wayne was?
How did Wayne not find out who Supes was? Did he really not for the fight in ways other than lifting weights or making cool weapons?
Why did Luthor ask for access to Zod's body after showing a video of his experiments on Zod's body?
How did Luthor change a judge of the supreme court's beverage with urine?

He managed 2 sentences.

"you're letting him kill Martha" and "find him, save Martha"

He couldn't have slipped a "Lex" in there?

How about "you're letting him kill my mother" and "find lex, save martha" ?

metatextually, I understand why he said "Martha" - it's for Batman to have his revelation, but it's a ham-fisted way of getting there.

>100 Yards
Supes was stalking Lois in Buttfuckistan and Lexcorp??
Why not act sooner? Save Jimmy, catch Lois quicker?

He was nerfed to prevent him saving Martha.

SuperMechaGodzilla?

>How did Supes know who Wayne was?
breh, I'm with you on most points, but superman has xray vision. He could have literally looked at his license.

Collect the full set

Why not use xray vision in tandem with super speed and hearing to find MARTHA then?

27%

like I said I'm with you on most of the other points.

But he doesn't hear every sound all the time. We're talking comic facts now. He doesn't hear every sound all the time. He just doesn't, sometimes he's listening to A and then he hears a bit of M, and goes to M to listen a bit clearer and loses track of A. He hears everything but can focus on what he wants to LISTEN TO. And there's why I despise you fucking Marvel assholes. You know nothing of anything and then claim to have a logical argument, which you don't.

He can't listen to her heartbeat. And he says Martha because he can't say anything else that would get the dark night thinking.

BECAUSE FOR SEVERAL FUCKING HOURS THE KRYPTON SHIP WAS LIGHTING UP, ONE PLUS ONE!

BECAUSE CLARK ALLOWED LOIS TO GO ALL THAT WAY AND NOT FOCUS ON HER SPECIFICALLY WHILE FAR AWAY IN NIGGER LAND, YUP HE WAS BUSILY JERKING OFF IN A DAILY PLANET BATHROOM AND NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTEN OUT FOR HER WHILE SHE WAS AWAY ON A DANGEROUS MISSION.

The bullets was for Lois to find Lex. they were bread crumbs.

In the comic that tied in to the movie, Lex remarked that Batman had to be very rich because of the toys used. Lois found Clark, so why not Lex?

Clarke learned the same way Lex did.

He was blinded by rage. that's what the nightmares was about, but of course you knew that.

The body was under guard, he wanted access without government red tape.

How did Lex, a billionaire, get access to a sitting congressman's drink? lobbying.

>BECAUSE FOR SEVERAL FUCKING HOURS THE KRYPTON SHIP WAS LIGHTING UP, ONE PLUS ONE!
you're fucking retarded

Sorry I'm late.

Why was "witch" written on Martha's forehead in the polaroids, but when Batman found her, her forehead was clean?

Why would the goons bother to clean her off?

Here's another one.

>How did Luthor change a judge of the supreme court's beverage with urine?
>judge of the supreme court

>Shit I'm assuming and wasn't established

>Shit I'm assuming and wasn't established

>Literal excuse for poor writing

>Additional irrelevant material plus shit I'm assuming and wasn't established

> Shit I'm assuming and wasn't established

>The best detective in the world did no research on his prep time because he was le mad

> Shit I'm assuming and wasn't established

>Being a billionaire and lobbying somehow allow you to change a judge's drink with urine

Thanks for trying

Batman had the spear so close he was litterally passing out. Did none of you watch the fucking movie. HE SAID MARTHA AND WAYNE PAUSED, THEN HE CONTINUED WITH THE REST.

The guy was under fuckign duress, and he couldn't breathe and he was weakened and about to pass out. it wasn't like he had all night to to take a piss or anything.

BECAUSE SHE WAS AWAY ON A DANGEROUS MISSION. So naturally he would be listening out for her specifically.

JIMMY GETS' SHOT, HE'S ON HIS WAY. LESS THAN THREE MINUTES AFTER JIMMY GETS SHOT, SUPES ARRIVES. FUCK!

FOR TWO FUCKIGN YEARS NOTHNING, THEN FOR HOURS THE FUCKIGN SHIPS ABSORBING FUCKING ENERGY AND THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY WHY SHE'D GO AFTER THE SPEAR? I'M SURE IF IT WAS A VULCAN CRAFT I'D DOUBT SHE'D GO AFTER THE KRYPTONIAN KILLING WEAPON.

WHAT DO YOU FUCKING THINK?

Just say when.

Want more?

Bullshit, tell me when it wasn't established?

Yuou fuckign Disney shills. It was never seenn tony stark went to college. or unviersity. he said he went there and passed, did any one show him going to school studyign the shit he professed professionalism in.

I don't think Eisenberg as Lex is appreciated enough. He's definitely the best blockbuster villain in ages. He's just so straight up disgustingly crazy and evil. He sends someone a jar of piss before blowing them, and an entire building up with a bomb he hid in a crippled guy's wheelchair. He was going to burn Superman's mother alive. He made an enormous monster with alien tech and his own blood. Next level evil. Great stuff.

>when it wasn't established?
The entire movie, calm down a little and think about what you're posting

Here ya go buddy.

wow, that's a pretty retarded argument.

I actually agree with this.

>He can't listen to her heartbeat.
But in the comics he has literally done this from countries away.

He's heard cries for help on Earth from the edge of our Galaxy.

But in Snyderland he can hear and react to Lois from anywhere in a split second, yet loses this capacity when it's his Mom...?

How can you defend that you mong?

And again, would Supes say DORIS if Batman's Mom was called Jean?

No.

But he's FASTER than a SPEEDING bullet. In three jinutes, Lois would be dead from Lexfall.

Just admit the inconsistancy you fucking spergmeister.

MARTHA

>KRYPTONIAN KILLING WEAPON
how the fuck does she even know what it does? Why would she even go into the danger? You're making excuses for really shit writing. Please kill yourself.

he's a great joker. Pretty shit lex tbqh

*cello music starts playing*

10/10

Yes, how do you know Clarke can type, you've never seen him type anything, for all you know it's dictation software. you've never seen Clarke teleport, for all you know he can teleport. Have you ever seen Tony finish any degree he went out to get? For all you know he could have cheated.

You said that Clarke could not have known who or what Wayne was because no where it's established that he actually made the connection. I reciprocated with it would be easy for one who realizes and sees the Bat's handiwork in especially the methods employed.

None of the Iron Man movies hinge on Tony Stark having a college degree.

Jesus this makes all of the action in the Nolan films look like absolute shit. Why can't Nolan direct a fight to save his life?

>BvS appreciation thread
>Gets ripped to shreds
Never change Sup Forums

Also the bit at the end of this scene where he has his face pressed up against the prison bars and is ranting about Darkseid, you can see snot dribbling out of his nose. And he's going "dingdingdingdingding..." So gross and weird. I think people were disappointed because they wanted a seductive villain, but Luthor was all insecurity and tics. I liked it though.

>Fanon
Can we discuss what was on screen?

Though I could have used a BIT more Batman versus Superman in my BvS... this whole scene was fucking incredible and shits on every MCU fight ever.

CAVE TROLL
A
V
E

T
R
O
L
L

I think his character motivation was very like Luthor of the comics, but he's just so offputting and weird. He's almost like a rebuke to nerds who identify with the charming villain.

I agree, they shouldn't have called it BvS. Then people wouldn't have been so underwhelmed.

If it was just called Dawn of Justice a lot more would have been forgiven.

Yes, and in the comics he went back in time and opened up warp portals and pushed planets and groomed a sun eater.

He was always as fast as the plot dictates, both in the comics and in the movies. try and bullshit some one else. I've been a fan for nearly forty years so.

SHE SAW WHAT IT DID TO CLARK. DUDE'S STRONGER THAN FUCK ALL BUT HE'S ON THE GROUND GROVELING IN THE FRONT OF IT SO IT'S NOT LIKE SHE WOULD HAVE MISTAKEN IT FOR A HILL OF FUCKING BEANS WOULD SHE? FUCK, YOU DISNEY SHILLS IS A BIT MUCH.

so you're saying Tony's A Mary Sue. A guy who wasn't taught or educated but could into science and invention just because? Interdasting.

You never saw Tony finish University so how could you say he's a genius and not simply a over written Mary Sue? I mean it wasn't shown on screen.

motivation, sure. His demeanor and actions, not even close.

>being this much of a fucking moron

Holy shit, dude.
I think Marvel shit actually is making people dumber.

Lex tells Superman that if he tries to save Martha he will tell his men to fuck her up.

So, Lex goes to kill Batman.

Batman is the one who saves Martha, and is able to do so because Lex DOES NOT KNOW AT FIRST that Superman and Batman are now working together. That he did not plan for. Thus, Superman is able to confront Lex (making Lex not tell his men to kill Martha) while Batman rescues Martha.

Are you legitimately retarded?

I personally liked the movie a lot... I would've taken out ALL of the justice league stuff (WW, all the meta human shit) and just focused on Batman, Superman, and Lex. Perhaps still have them team up to fight Doomsday for the finale. Maybe just have WW show up at the funeral at the end.

I don't really think it's that important though. They reinterpreted the characters to serve the needs of the story.

The movies depict him as a genius unparalleled by any other character, but he's not an authorial insert character so he's not a mary sue. Either way, they don't teach you how to make Iron Man armor in college, so going to college is irrelevant to his character. There are plenty of tech billionaires who never graduated from college so it's not unprecedented.

*So, Supes goes to kill Batman

>Maybe just have WW show up at the funeral at the end.

But she was great in the Doomsday fight, and when she was messing with Bruce.

>nearly 40 years
How can you be 40+ yet still act 12?

Tell me this.

If in Panel 1 Supes was flying a Tanker then in Panel 2 he can't lift a feather and it wasn't explained, would that be bad writing?

Why is being able to save Lois in a split second established, then he's arbitrarily powerless to save his Mom ok...?

You don't make sense.