Nolan's Dunkirk Casting Director Defends Hiring One Direction Star Harry Styles

>John Papsidera, who cast Harry in Christopher Nolan’s World War II movie Dunkirk, insists that although the star has no significant acting experience, he outshone many trained actors who auditioned for the same part.
>‘Harry was absolutely right for the role,’ he told the Daily Mirror.
>‘As an actor he is unknown, but his readings made him an obvious choice. We thought he was fresh and interesting and he won the role.
>‘It wasn’t because he’s a well known pop star – if anything that was more of a detriment, because it could bring the wrong message and we don’t want people pulled out of the film because of who they are.’
metro.co.uk/2016/05/29/dunkirk-casting-director-defends-hiring-one-direction-star-harry-styles-5912268/

BRAVO NOLAN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EswbIk05Tg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

problem?

>Prestige that low
Fucking plebs

>career hasn't even begun
>already balding

lmao

BRAVO

>Nolan is making Harry an actor and thereby starting friction that will break up the band
BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

>fixing his hair
bravo

at least he didnt' cast jon snow

>rebbit tomatoes

He was cast because he has a huge dick and is dtf.

As much as we like to shit on Nolan and call him a meme, he knows his craft. I'm sure this fuccboi pop artist can act if Nolan signed off on it.

was casting a pop star part of his plan?

full cast :

Cinematography - Hoyte van Hoytema(interstellar, her, spectre)

cast - Fionn Whitehead
Tom Hardy
Kenneth Branagh
Mark Rylance
Jack Lowden
Aneurin Barnard
Harry Styles
Cillian Murphy
James D'Arcy
Barry Keoghan
Tom Glynn-Carney

>you're a big guy

honestly I think it's a good idea. I like when cinema does this. Many hollywood actors aren't worth shit

>TDKR is his 4th best movie
AYYY

Harry>Niall>Liam>Louis>Zayn

>Misspelling Louis as Zayn and Zayn as Harry
I got this for you senpai
ZAYN >>>>The Queen's Smegma > Liam >>> An irishman's potato-filled vomit >> Niall >>>> Harry >> tumblr > Louis

Zayn is fucking shit m8

atleast i have hacksaw ridge to look forward to

The biggest twinkino since the Singer era

>no black people
>no women

Fucking hell, what year is it

Hopefully twitter gives him hell for this sexist backwards ass movie

Just going to be more "Hitler is bad! England is good!" rhetoric.

his aesthetics are top tier and he can hold a tune. he's a lazy bastard with nothing between the ears, but when you're as good looking as him, you can be as stupid as rocks and make it in the world. hes also the first one to leave that shitshow of 1 direction. that makes him better than harry "dollar store mick jagger" who looks like shit without his hair which is falling out.

I require a link to that article.

Yeah, but Harry is white and Zayn isn't and therefore, he's fucking shit. Harry will be the most successful out of the group because he's a great singer and he's white.

>Not knowing >It's 2016
Brown is the new white 'la. We cuckoldization.

youtube.com/watch?v=EswbIk05Tg0

Zayn already left.

No one cares about the one who left to join ISIS.

It's not real.

Anything that Nolan directs turns into gold.
And I mean, often it's crap like the Prestige novel, or the character of Bane (roided up Mexican wrestler or some shit), but when Nolan directs it, it becomes brilliant. I have high anticipations for this movie and the cast. I personally don't know that band, I hear it's a popular band among girls, but it doesn't matter to me. I'm sure he acts well.

Fuckin hell you Brits and your hairlines

Any screenshot of a Kotaku article from Feb 20, 2013 is an edit, an oldish Sup Forums joke about terrible clickbait journalism

Go to bed Chris.

Is that article real?

Nolan is unironically a god, he can do whatever the fuck he likes.

Nolan doesn't give a fuck. That's part of what I like about him. He makes good movies, and he doesn't let other people tell him that he has to do this or that, he just does his own thing and he's successful with it.
That being said, I wonder how Nolan would react if the movie actually got boycotted by tumblr and such

Ever since this film was announced I've been wondering what exactly Nolan can do for it? How do you make a war film "Nolanesque"?

It's not like you can cram relativity, time travel or dreams into it.

I love Nolan as much as the next person and that's why this is going to be a massively profitable and highly critically acclaimed movie

That's funny

pepe walnuts

Come on meme magic. Let's make Aidan GIllen get cast as the first director of the CIA that formed six years after the battle.

>his best movie, the prestige is rated low

What the fuck are these people watching?

I have no idea who Harry Styles is

lucky bastard

based

no womyn
based

This, I have no hope for Nolan after watching his last two movies