Did their armor department really get worse over the seasons or does it intentionally look bad?

Did their armor department really get worse over the seasons or does it intentionally look bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

theknightshop.com/chainmail-hauberk-full-sleeve-size-m
youtube.com/watch?v=9FfvX8LP5MY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mace's armor is intentionally bad. Armor of both Kingsguards is pure shit, though.

Nah it's always been a shit show

well when you're armour-ing one guy you can spend a little bit more to make it look good, but when you're also armoring 40 extras you have to do it on the cheap

You can't complain about this show user, everybody will jump at your neck if you do it, just be a good brainwashed zombie and say is the most awesome show ever created.

How can HBOs biggest show end up having its budget hilariously cut?

Literally 80% of the posts on Sup Forums are talking shit about this show.

they transfered most of the budget to CGI deparment. Dem dragons won't render themselves.

>he really thinks the majority of the fans think this
dude we are overwhelmingly nit picky about this show/shit, maybe you're the fucktard who jumps at peoples necks when someone rats on something you like. rest assured, the people who matter, are often super cynical and critical.

Yeah, the armor of the kingsguard in the tower of joy looked like shit ;/

i stopped watching the series when I saw cgi dragons in third season. It just turned into non-interesting and childish show after that moment

Why must adult moviemakers ruin their shit with fucking cgi? Fuck. They could've just showed shadows of the dragons or something

The other 20% are about capeshit. Half of which are DCucks desperately trying to prove BvS is kino.

What the fuck is that on his arms? Is this the worst knitted chainmail I've ever seen or is it supposed to be padding?

>implying you matter

That would be lame.
Only other option is to make them from clay or someshit but this is not the motherfucking 80's so CGI is the only viable option to make realistic looking dragons.

That's the woolen sweater that Lady Ollena made for him.
Mace get's cold very quickly

I'm hoping that its just a gambeson or something, not even D&D are bad enough to use a sweater old nan knitted as chainmail

GRRM can confirm this.

The production values of the show have been on a steady decline since season 1.

Game ended as soon as Ned died.

This is what happens when more women start working on anything. They are absolutely terrible craftsmen and "designers".

It's why Ghostbusters looks so terrible.

>Biggest show on television, both in terms of production and views
>Currently in season
>"I wonder why so many people are talking about this!"

Go create some shitty thread about muh feminist trash and go fuck yourself you cunt.

>They try to pass a sweater for a chainmail
Holy shit, thank god I stopped seeing this 2 seasons ago

they can't afford better costumes because most of the budget now goes to feeding daenerys

It's entirely possible to make a goofy, ornate suit of armor that looks expensive and well crafted.

The problem isn't that it's got ornate flowers and feathers but that it looks like it's clearly made out of cheap aluminium and wool.

Still better that Warcraft armor....sort of.

Learn to follow a conversation, freak. It was like 2 posts long

Real dragons are notoriously difficult to work with on set

fucking this. it seems they stopped caring. Dayne/Hightower armor looked like welded scrapmetal.

Tyrell rank-and-file armor looks even worse.

>Richiest family
>Shittiest armor

What the hell are those shields

>Why must adult moviemakers ruin their shit with fucking cgi?
>why must moviemakers (what the fuck does adult moviemaker even fucking mean you mongoloid) use current technology so they can include objects that don't exist in their work
Yeah, why doesn't HBO just put money into a project that would work on creating real dragons so they can have them in a couple of scenes per season.

Gotta show how different all the lands are :^)

For the record, here's what stupidly gaudy and theatrical armor would actually look like

The design would be good if the prop armor was well-made but it's clearly just some painted fiberglass. And wool standing in for chainmail? Is it 1954? You can get a chainmail shirt for like 80 bongbucks these days.

Rofl there are people in the background in yoga pants

They weren't in the show, it's from a behind the scenes album.

>fiberglass
don't be ridiculous it's obviously just normal plastic

>battle armor of a fighting knight vs ceremonial armor of a commanding lord

should they have made the books into movies instead of this shitty show?

Loras's armour is mainly for show, since all he does is prance about in tourney's and suck Renly's dick.

Mace was preparing for an actual confrontation, it was meant to be more practical.

Although, having said that, the costuming has gone down a lot, it's become less stylised which I guess fits the gritty tone, but it is meant to be fantasy. Thankfully they didn't include Daario's rainbow hair though.

Also Jaime's armour in the next episode looks amazing.

do you do this often with media? do you constantly feel persecuted for not liking a thing?

maybe you're the one with the problem? because i haven't seen even a little of what you're describing

>Westeros can manufacture plastic to make toy armor for their lords
That wool sweater underneath that guy's armor won't protect him from an arrow, you know.

nigger it aint labyrinth

nah fuck it, claymation dragons

its more stylistic

1/10 not enough obscenities

what's he doing there

The whole point of ceremonial armor is that it's meant to look nicer than regular armor

Jaime has landed in grorious nippon and is going to learn the way of the Samurai and Bushido.
Jaime is Azor Ahai and Lightbriner is a katana folded over a gorillion times forged in the fires of R'hllor

everything in this show is cheap

they kill off all the good actors, it's the main reason why the sand snakes are running around.

>Loras's armour is mainly for show, since all he does is prance about in tourney's and suck Renly's dick.
>Mace was preparing for an actual confrontation, it was meant to be more practical.
You've got it backwards senpai. Loras' armor looks way more practical than the plastic stuff Mace is wearing.

Pic related is what armor "for show" looks like.

they did the same shit with Thoros, and possibly Bronn

They're only missing gloves realy. When everyone's wearing dumb helmets it's probaply fashion.

Becaus the Helmet's ornaments make their head a realy good target for overhead swings they have to hold their shields high to protect themselves. the concave cutout is so you can better stab the enemy's face.

You can get a chainmail shirt in the UK for less than £100

theknightshop.com/chainmail-hauberk-full-sleeve-size-m

Was it really worth skimping on?

There's nothing practical about Mace's armor. Notice how Loras' shoulder armor pieces conform more to the body, leave less of a gap compared to Mace's geometrically simpler armor which would leave him exposed.

Kek

>Also Jaime's armour in the next episode looks amazing.
That's Tywin's armour you stupid faggot.

Jesus those legs are horrendous. If you were supposed to spend months on end riding horses while covered in armour I'm sure you'd have thicker thighs than that

Kill yourself

The same happened with Walking Dead and I simply don't get it, surely production values should be increased as the show grows.

Only if more productionvalues meant more viewers. And everybody who may watch those shows is already watching them.

Going to help the Freys retake Riverrun from Blackfish

what the fuck is that wool

is he cold or something

That would make it Jaime's armour now you stupid faggot

The fucker wears a sweater, not a chainmail, BUT A FUCKING sweater to a battle.

D$D you done it again

They look like the guards in Oblivion.

>Mace
>Anticipating to be in actual combat

C'mon, there is literally no situation in which he would actually
fight. The guy is a coward, he literally need someone to pull his horde because he's too retarded to ride horse and give the worlds worst speech at the same time.

>knitted chainmail

jesus wept

outa ma wee, german fucking sheets

Jamie had a set of it in the first season

>the people who matter are often super cynical

Ohohohohooo... No nooo noooooo

Fuck off faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=9FfvX8LP5MY

>Calling someone a faggot
>Not realizing Jaime's worne that armour since S1.

Please rethink your life

I actually thought it would come to violence, and Mace would end up being a fucking savage in battle.

>Director: "we need medieval costumes woman"
>costume designer takes the cloth soaks it into some green shit and some brown shit
>Director: "muh beautiful medieval grittines"

not the same armor assembly, only the chestplate is the same.

still better than unsullied with their edgy armor or dothraki fags

someone like spent time on doing this image in photoshop, refining it, and for what? not even a kek.

I thought it was funny, but I didn't want to shitpost over it.
But now I can tie it in with calling you faggot a faggot; faggot!

>he doesn't know about blartposting

Shit on the right literally looks like something you could pick up at Party City for Halloween

Back in ye olden days movies and especially TV shows would use wool as a stand-in for chainmail because it was a lot cheaper, sometimes hard to get a hold of, and on the fuzzy picture back then you could barely tell the difference anyway.

It still happens today, but you can get a shirt of butted chainmail for like $50 so there's no real reason to do it for main characters anymore.

Shows become big hits
HBO doesn't want to fork over more money
They have to allot resources to keep the actors/actresses they have, who all get better and better contracts

It's a cavalry shield used in Eastern Europe/Middle East. Dunno if it was a E. Euro original or Turks invented it.

Other than the weight factor.

As a chainmail shirt will weigh ton and require layers of wool/leather/whatever underneath to be wearable at all.

>retards mistaking gambeson for chainmail and trying to act smart about it
I'm done with this reddit board.

>fantasy setting
>medieval
Are you retarded, user?
You're not really saying the costume design, or production in Lord of the Rings in general is shit, are you?

I've noticed that Jamie's armor looks dirtier every time you see it.

I would say the same thing,just to be polite. Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Westeros. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of kingslayer. They take a show “The Game of Thrones” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he fucks his sister or not, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Westeros. He doesn’t believe in The Seven. He has never held a sword. They make him the Jaime Lannister. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs]from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

>When I kid toy looks better than your armors

Although some of the earlier armour triggered my autism due to a lack of practicality, I did enjoy seeing some of the designs they came up with. Nowadays they're just fucking phoning this shit in. It's like they don't give a single fuck about the costumes these days. I was looking forward to Mace the Ace wearing stuff like pic related.

that's the famous"pls thrust my fucking face" helmet

LOTR disagrees
They had people round the clock handcrafting chainmail, Its not like GoT doesn't have the budget to even hire a few quality blacksmiths?

the open up at the back

>That 'chain mail' that's obviously just fabric

historial accuracy doesn't really concern me but that armor looks like they raided a hardware store

kek i had that exact set as a kid

That looks so fucking shitty, my fucking god, compared to them the Lanister ones from s1 are realer than real life tier, and Tyrell are supposed to be filthy rich while Lanister don't have money anymore

he had a hand too

>expecting Tyrell armor to look badass

Both guys in that picture are Tyrell. Also we aren't expecting functionality just ornamented and filthy rich armor that resembles a real armor, not a kid's toy, we expect something like pic related.