Why are British people so fucking unfunny ?

Why are British people so fucking unfunny ?

The worst thing about British media is how they keep forcing their disgusting stale retarded humor down everyone's throat

I can't think of a single British movie or tv series that doesn't have "quirky sarcastic British humor" in it

The worst thing about it is how every single character has the same character voice. It's like a nation of Joss Whedon characters

It's even worse when everyday normal people try to imitate
It's cheap cookie cutter bullshit for stupid people who want to appear smart

I'm not even American and I still prefer American comedians because even if you hate the mainstream comedians you can still find someone who's unique and funny because the comedy scene is so diverse

Say whatever you want about MDE and Sam Hyde but that shit could never happen in the UK
Or just look at Jackass

Fuck "British humor" and everything it stands for

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCC4-gYpnc4
youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
youtube.com/watch?v=3QFnMw3fi0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like Poms but they are funny.

elaborate

Pretty much agree, bringing up Sam Hyde and Jackass are good examples.

I really can't think of ANYTHING from England that's genuinely funny. I watched some Monty Python when I was younger, watched Fawlty Towers a few years ago, tried watching The Prisoner recently (not a comedy but its comedic elements are as shit as always).

I have to say they banter like fucking champions online though, they're generally some of the most adroit, if not extremely funny, commenters and best wordsmiths. Their banter chemistry clearly derives from a genetic homogeneous hivemind.

Disagree completely, have legit laugh so fucking hard at some British shows but not everything i've seen.

I think most people find their modern humour to be nowhere near as comedic as it used to be in the 90's.

Banter is different from "british humor" though

You barely see it in media and it's treated like it's somehow inferior. Meanwhile it's funnier and a hundred times more genuine than your basic "british humor"

Every good thing America has done comedy wise has its roots in British comedy. Prove me wrong.

or maybe you could just act like a sane person, decide that hype of humor isn't for you, and walk away.

although i suppose if you did that, you wouldn't be able to create this bait thread.

they can't

The Simpsons, the greatest American comedy show, doesn't have much of a relationship to British humor. It takes more from Canadian sketch shows and American comics and sitcoms.

the simpsons is one of the more british influenced comedies I've seen.

Problem with British comedy is that its a political tool and very much controlled by the BBC seeing as thats one of the few platforms open for comedians with high ratings shows like QI, Mock the Week and Have I got news for you. Also the old working mens clubs and those venues don't exist and its from those you had legends like Bernard Manning, Tommy Cooper and the two Ronnies.

Favourite joke of mine is one of Mannings: A girl walks into a bar and asks the Bar keeper for a double entendre, so he gave her one.

Don't watch it then you stupid cunt. I'm English and I don't. Although I doubt I watch anything from your shithole either.

Shit b8, but whatever.

>I can't think of a single British movie or tv series that doesn't have "quirky sarcastic British humor" in it
of course, because you have shit taste in films and tv.

>The worst thing about it is how every single character has the same character voice. It's like a nation of Joss Whedon characters
lol. so British Humour sounds like American Humour? All of it. Its that your point. Fucking retard.

>Say whatever you want about MDE and Sam Hyde but that shit could never happen in the UK
is this supposed to be a bad thing? kill yourself.

Brit here and I have to agree. Most British comedy shows are shit. To be honest other than the odd episode of QI I haven't watched British TV in years.

>X show isn't influenc-
>No no, it is because I say so

Le ministry of funny walks

Absolute crap

BFQOTY

>X show isn't influenc-
>I wholeheartedly disagree, it takes inspiration from many shows such as-
>No no, it is because I say so

>lol. so British Humour sounds like American Humour? All of it. Its that your point. Fucking retard.
Holy shit. You're stupid motherfucker.

>two and a half men
>big bang theory

I guess Brits need to put a laugh track in their comedies so you know where the funny bits are

That's only because of your TV tax, britfag

Ah yeh, that's okay as well. Haven't seen it for a couple of years though.

>forcing their disgusting stale retarded humor down everyone's throat
We don't, we invent original tv show, the rest of the world copies, why complain?

Oh and the US office sucks hard

Most of the british comedy quiz shows are quite good.

WILTY has its moments QI, Mock the Week

8 out of 10 cats all good

>what are torrents?

Americans are like women, they're just not funny.

You never elaborated shit. Are you retarded?

This is what we call taste, friend. You might discover you like different things from other 8-year olds. It's okay. One day you also might get big penis so you can stick it in a dog. This is normal pakistani behavior.

Russel Howard's good news and some of Charlie Brooker's stuff is alright

>Russel Howard's good news
dude this literally the worst example of british comedy you could find

bravo

>Russell Howard's good news

Kill yourself in a manner that makes your corpse easy to dispose of

are you?

British humor is top notch. It's gotten shit in recent years because of their cucked government and media forcing them to tone everything down and force diversity quotas, but before that shit came into force Britain had the best comedy going.

DU U FINK YOUAR FACKING FANNY?

>not liking Little Britain

Shit taste thou hast.

Op, check out:
Spaced
Peep Show
The Young Ones ~
Bottom ~
Father Ted
The IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners
Green Wing
Red Dwarf (especially series 3, 4, 5 & 6, the first two series are also great but hard to get into. The later series are only worth checking out if you really enjoy it)
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder (II, III & IV) ~
Absolutely Fabulous ~
Hancock's Half Hour ~
I'm Alan Partridge
Men Behaving Badly
My Family
The League of Gentlemen (fantastic from beginning to end, skip the film and series 3 though).
The Office
The Royle Family
~ means I think the humour is quite dated nowadays but it's still pretty good if you give it a chance

15 Storeys High never gets enough love

Little Britain is shite m8. Worst of the worst, absolutely zero substance.

Fucksake why are Fatty Americans so fucking insecure and retarded???

INBETWEENERS was the BEST!!!!

Ideal? Johnny Vegas is based

Red Dwarf X is pretty good

Skins is just genuinely funny, especially the first two seasons. watch them, they don't have the tame British humor literally everything else has.

>doesn't have much relationship to British humour
>literally first aired on an English woman's sketch comedy show

Lol made quite a hefty catch there friendo.
Did the yankee version really trigger you so much or did you just want (you)s

>british humour is shit

>bazinga!

What elements of Tracey Ullman's humor do you see in The Simpsons?

How so?

This

>Russel Howards good news

Hey i found the Guardian Reading 13 year old.

Fucking terrible tv show mate.

because it's not funny

Fuck Russell Howard. Utter shit.

No Extras or Black Books?

No american show will ever come close to The Thick of It

youtube.com/watch?v=YCC4-gYpnc4

Yep I used to watch quite a few panels shows and random shit on telly when I was younger but now everything is about forced diversity.

Every fucking panel show or you name it has a feminist cunt, a brown guy who talks about being brown and a white cuck of a man. I have my freeview box on as background noise and the only channels I watch now are quest and travel channel for certain shows. Guess i'm getting old.

Americlap "Comedy"
>9 harvard alumni comedy writers sit around a table for 6 weeks forcing their failed stand up bits into a soap opera script
>megacorp studio production company builds $90m sound stage and surround it with cameras, adverts and retards
>four 20-something hollywood casting couch victims (and "the funny one") scream lines from the script at each other for 8 hours, while the retards clap whenever the "CLAP" sign lights up
>editor picks 8 minutes of highlights from the footage
>show is broadcast in 2 minute bursts between 5 minute ad breaks
>everybody gets paid $2m per episode for 679 episodes

Britbong "Comedy"
>random folks are grabbed off the street and seated in a semi-circle in a damp abandoned theatre from the 19th century
>six obscure stand up comics sit around a table on the stage playing a simple parlour game that someone's uncle came up with down the pub
>dry, topical banter ensues, much to the audience's delight
>make all 4 episodes of the show in one afternoon and broadcast them on bbc radio 6 to a handful of old people
>someone's mate filmed it on his phone and uploads the raw footage to the bbc iplayer where it gets 1,645 views
>audience has a whip round to pay for the production because nobody in the uk has paid their tv license fee since the 1980s

Harvard alumni have real jobs. They don't have to make jokes for idiot audiences.

Only British show I ever liked was the one about the old bitch and her pussy husband. Then again I was 8 years old at the time I saw it.

>Spaced
>Peep Show
>The IT Crowd
>The Inbetweeners
no

Great show.

That's the one. I might have to check it out again

Those are all great shows though.

Episodes of The IT Crowd are a bit inconsistent, but the good episodes are excellent.

>spaced
>peep show
>bad

thats some shitty taste u got there friendo

Top British comedies.

Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Till Death Us Do Part
Drop The Dead Donkey
Steptoe and Son
Father Ted
Rab C. Nesbit
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Porridge
Bottom
The Young Ones
The Vicar of Dibley
Spaced
The Thick of It
Yes Minister
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Men Behaving Badly
Phoenix Nights
Black Books
The Fast Show
Peep Show
Green Wing
PhoneShop

A lot of new stuff is garbage because it has to be so politically correct now.

Can't offend anyone's feelings today. I mean just look at Brass Eye.

I can understand Spaced maybe, but please explain to me how le quirky Peep Show is funny.

that's all of the comedies tho

I might have to start posting Hyancinth reaction pics on Sup Forums.

For you.

The USA made The Big Bang Theory.

Your argument is rendered contrived and balmy.

>explain how something is funny

you either get it or you dont

Luckily they redeemed themselves with Rules of Engagement and 2 Broke Girls :^)

Rik Mayall and The Young Ones cast in general were pretty funny and Bottom was one of the funniest sitcoms of all time.

Also
>MDE

Most modern comedians are Tim and Eric rip offs and they were influenced by Monty Pythons

Gotta say Only Fools is top qual comedy.

each to their own i guess mate

>people haven't seen the Carry On films

They're the ultimate budget British comedies. The best ones...

Carry On Nurse
Carry On Doctor
Carry On Cleo
Carry On Screaming!
Carry On Don't Lose Your Head
Carry On Follow That Camel
Carry On Camping
Carry On Loving
Carry On Up the Khyber
Carry On Girls
Carry On Matron
Carry On Camping
Carry On at Your Convenience
Carry On Dick

If only that were true my star spangled friend.

On The Buses is top tier.

you almost gave me a brain aneurysm because you have such shit tastes

Paki detected.

The Thick of It - great stuff if you don't mind loads of fucking swearing.

Same writer now works on Veep.

purest anglo saxon blood my friend

If you have to have humour explained to you, you might aswell just kill yourself, barely human lad.

>MDE
>Jackass

And in one fell swoop you invalidate your rant with your shit taste and ignorance UK comedy.

>an Anglo-Saxon doesn't like the Carry On films

Female detected.

What's MDE?

i'm also extremely masculine man, just accept you're an inferior.

don't get me wrong, carry on isn't bad exactly, but it's not exactly good

>Every female american comedian
>MUH VAGINA
>I AM A SLUT
>Audience howls with laughter for the next 5 hours
why america?

Underage b&

>carry on isn't bad exactly, but it's not exactly good

We've got fucking Sherlock Holmes in our midst here. They're budget and silly British films, which don't pretend they're the height of British comedy.

Maybe they're too "problematic" for that user's generation.

>it isn't bad exactly but it almost gave me a brain aneurysm
Doesn't sound very masculine to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0

Isn't that the notorious KKK/neo nazi guy?

British comedy is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=3QFnMw3fi0M

Sup Forums is 99 percent redheaded game of thrones watching chavs. is this the reason the board is so shit now?

>British comedy is all bad.
>Jackass is good.
Not sure if bait or redneck.

>Not sure if bait

Of course it's bait you mong.

How do people find IT Crowd funny?