Why does no one talk about this show here?

Why does no one talk about this show here?

>Created by writers who frequented from Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm
>a talented cast which improvises perfectly
>clever plots with even more clever jokes

I find myself hating most of the characters and I don't know why. I like Sunny and Seinfeld and those shows have despicable but likeable characters... but when it comes to this show, I just hate the characters.

Ruxin a shit
Taco a shit

I think it's because the characters aren't very developed

bump

I really tried to slog through the final season but I couldn't do it. Is it good or not.

Also I know they gotta keep the jokes rolling and forget about serious shit but I think I lost a lot of respect for the characters when they made andre lose his fiance. I'm not sure why but that shit really bugged me

>writers from curb your enthusiasm

curb didn't have writing. it was specifically an experiment to prove a sitcom didn't even need writing. That succeeded/failed, depending on how you look at it.

yea, curb started off with pretty horrid ratings for about 3 seasons. But it was HBO so they didn't care.

Literally everyone on the main cast but Paul Scheer are insufferable talentless retards.

Manzoukas was shit at the beginning of the show but he was the best by the end

Which one of these guys was it that lied about being in one of the wtc buildings during 911?

shit show

"G"

The shit with the G on his chest in OP's pic.

How the fuck did he ever get work after that.

The show was great but I forgot to watch the last season. Fuck Ranizissi or whatever his name is for lying about being in the world trade center too, what a fucking gay thing to lie about.

It was good early on but got the usual drag that sitcoms get after a few seasons. I got through season 6 (with it's terrible Rafi/Randy origin) and haven't really bothered with the last season yet.

wait what

Bad show

Fucking lol, isn't that sacrilegious in America?

i don't like football

i loved the League, fantastic show that gave me a lot of laughs

but it dragged on towards the end, got a bit repetitive

i still enjoyed some bits, but as a whole the quality of the show degraded as it went on

Taco is godawful. Ruxin and Andre are okay, the couple is lame. I feel like in the later seasons, fantasy football was hardly the main focus of the show. Things got too wacky

I stopped when I found out the main guy lied about saving people in 9/11

>I was in Manhattan but working in a building in midtown and I was not at the Trade Center on that day. I don’t know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry. For many years, more than anything, I have wished that, with silence, I could somehow erase a story told by an immature young man. It only made me more ashamed. How could I tell my children to be honest when I hadn't come clean about this? It was profoundly disrespectful to those who perished and those who lost loved ones. The stupidity and guilt I have felt for many years has not abated. It was an early taste of having a public persona, and I made a terrible mistake.

Taco and Rafi worked better when they appeared rarely

they suffered major overexposure in later seasons

Only plebs watch the show for the fantasy football aspect

Heard about this show when it came out. Hated the idea. Few years pass and some friends are talking about it. Decide to check it out. Every season is great except the last three which are extremely hit or miss.

seriously who gives a shit if he lied about it? i guess you have to be murrican to care

he doesn't play his piece of shit self on the show, he plays a different piece of shit, and that piece of shit has nothing to do with 9/11

if you're gonna judge movies, shows or fictional characters based on their real life counterparts almost nothing that comes out of Hollywood would be tolerable

He only came clean about it because someone investigated his story and found a bunch of holes in it. Like the company he said he worked for didn't have an office in and anywhere near the wtc.

I was forced to sit through a few episodes about this with one of my best friends in college. The acting was horrible and it just wasn't funny at all. I also was disinterested the majority of the time because I couldn't give any less of a shit about sports, and my friend did and loved the show, so I think that might be a prerequisite. This was not a good show. Neither was Louie, something else said friend likes.

The final episode Andre gets back together with his fiancé and finds out he will be a father. He's the only one with a happy ending.

I'm not American and I find it reprehensible m8. It's a pretty big thing to lie about. The guy is a scumbag.

That's awesome. Thanks for giving me a little closure, user

being interested in american football is certainly no pre-requisite, idk about sports, i don't really care all that much about that either but i greatly enjoyed the show

it's pretty much potty humor though, really basic, pretty casual and common, but certainly not for everyone

First couple seasons were good, I enjoyed it.
I haven't even finished the last ones though, they started really trying to force stupid shit with rafi and the jokes don't seem as clever.

Im not american its just a shit thing to do to lie about being somewhere a lot of people died and go i was there i survived that. It just makes him seem like the biggest attention whoring cunt.

For some reason when i see most other actors i can look past the shit they did but every time i see him its just hey its the shit who lied about being in the towers on 9/11

>Aspiring actor decides to cash in on 9/11 to further his career
>Gets found out and BTFO'd
>America doesn't care anyway

Seriously guys, why didn't you tear him a new one?

He's a stand up comic as well. He essentially used the story to garner sympathy and get his foot in the door.

Fuck off you commie, he was 2 steps away from stolen valor

later seasons have way too much taco/pete/jenny/meme characters and nowhere near enough ruxin

Because he never got famous

except Pete is the real father, Andre got cucked by him and 20 years later or something they post a video on the message forum telling Andre about it and rubbing it in his face

Dude. I was trying to get him to watch it

No fun allowed

guess i can see it from your perspective

i'm just able to easily detach the character he plays from who he is in RL

I hate you so much

the plots of the episodes. those werent written? they just happened upon the best sitcom episodes storylines ever?? by accident?????????

Also, Pete, Kevin, and Jenny (obviously) have never done anything funny on the show

Kevin's Shiva blasts were funny

and this is from a huge fan of the show up until the last season. couldnt make it through the first episode

>mfw they fucked it up beyond belief

i hesitated to add Kevin bc it's been a while since ive seen the show, so i believe you

Because he's not very well known so there is no money in it for the media to run wild with the story which would have whipped the public in to a frenzy.

I liked Jenny. GOAT wife material.

She's married to Pete irl tho which means she isn't wife material

Lost track of it in season 3 or 4. I liked it, but the characters really sucked and I can't pinpoint why compared to other horrible but funny people.

Ruxin was funny in small doses but became overplayed and sucked, Pete was always terrible and rarely if ever got shit on, and Andre was a loser, but after episode after episode, I don't get it. Nearly everything goes wrong for him and no one respects him. And? His shtick wore out quickly.

It got too ridiculous.

I still love the show, but towards the end of the series it just became ludicrous (brown note horn, ted's ghost etc)

Early seasons were god tier though.

Because it's shit, you're shit, I'm shit, the world is shit, and suicide is the only way out.

t. Coldsteel, thirteen year old Sonic the Hedgehog entusiast

cuz nobody watches sports here, but that show was BASED AS FUCK.

Ruxin ftw
but seriously Duplass? I can't stand the guy as an actor and his stupid face and self-aggrandizing stories ruined it
Also the guy who played the other guy I like apparently lied about surviving 9/11 which was hilarious.

If was good for like 3 seasons.

A show about Jason Mantzoukas' character would have been better.