Is it better than Silence of the Lambs?

Is it better than Silence of the Lambs?

No. Pretty good though.

yes

the director's cut absolutely is. one of Mann's best.

Fuck no.

It's not even "good".

It also pisses me off because Red Dragon is the best book in the series and it's had two botched adaptations so far.

STRONG AS I AM

i wonder what it's like to have such a shitty opinion

Its good until the second half, which is a complete travesty.

Ask Cine-illiterate buffoon.

No.
You'd have to be the most contrarian faggot in the universe to think it is.

>ooooh, campy MTV 80's aesthetics in a serial killer film! How totally not shit.

yeah, and I would also say that Brian Cox is a better Hannibal than Hopkins.

Both performances are a bit over-the-top, I guess due to the source material (I haven't read the books), but Cox's version has this weird sanitized creepiness to him; he pulls off being a highly intelligent psycho without going off the rails and seems scarier for it. Hopkins' is just so overly-calculating and manipulative that it kind of loses its grip on me. It's just too obvious. This is as much of an issue with the scripts as it is with the actors in question.

Of course it is. Cox isn't quite as good as Hopkins, but nearly every other element is vastly superior.

The books are worth reading if you have the time.

I'm sorry to hear that you were born after the year 2000. In time, you'll understand. Today is probably not that day, however.

No. But i would say Yes bcuz being contrarian is what tv is about :^)

No, I didn't like Manhunter at all

Born in 81.

I'm sorry you like trashy campy retro 80's aesthetics.

Maybe you should give Kung Fury a rewatch.

they're both good and highly re-watchable. just very different

No. It's a nice first attempt, but it's not that great.

I was a little Hannibalverse obsessed when I was a young teenager but somehow never got around to watching Manhunter.

I marathoned the tv ahow after it ensed and decided to watch this movie, it was pretty fuckin alright.

Silence is almost perfect though, so no.

Silence has a better script and is easier to get into for newcomers.
Manhunter's direction is more ambitious and accomplished.

to live and die in LA is better Petersoncore

fuck off. Manhunter is absolutely not 80s kitsch like Kung Fury or Turbo Kid.

There's a real iciness to Mann's song selections and the film's overall look/atmosphere/cinematography. This isn't some super 80s "play Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or Karma Chameleon while people shoot others that have equally ridiculous hairdos" sludge, you ungrateful asshole.

lol, i just feel bad for you then if you feel this way, it's like someone telling me that chocolate is revolting to them.