>Canadian """""""""""""" justice""""""""""""""

look, everybody makes mistakes
we shouldnt lock up a man forever just because he fucked up once

>drunk
this can be avoided 100%.

>Be you
>Standing on your own property, chilling
>Some drunk faggot runs you over and kills you

>"Lol let's just give him 4 years XD, let's not even permanently ban him from driving as well"

Yeah real smart Mohammed

The burgers can consider themselves lucky that they don't have this show, otherwise there would be enough contestants to run it for 24 hours a day for the next century.

what does the '12' mean.

But Canada is far worse for accidents than the US ...

We drive far worse than they do tbqh

Twelfth season

4 years is pretty long, man
i am sure he wont do it again

kek I thought a drunk driver ran over a man for standing on his parent's garden

Right, because there's no such thing as repeat offenders

Justice is a tricky topic. You could say that the whole system should be completely about reformation of the guilty, and not about punishment. But people sometimes don't change unless they are subjected to hardships. Another problem is that imprisonment is a permanent blot on your record and can ruin your chances of leading a normal life. Maybe if we had a way of guaranteed reformation of the convicts, we could remove the social stigma associated with imprisonment.

I dont think he will be allowed to drive a car again

There's no ban for him.

Honestly not really dude.

People get 4 years for way lesser things, this killed a person - and all because of complete disregard for others.

Was the driver of dark complexion?

>be drunk
>some cunt is standing on your elderly parents lawn
>get in car
>run him over
>get 4 years for delivering justice
Why is this allowed?

He said sorry

seems pretty just to me

Dude it was the victim's parents lawn you fuckin cunt

Plot twist, he was wh*te.

Most people here don't realise that four years is a pretty long time. Imagine your entire high school life + another year. Now imagine that you have to spend all of it in confinement.

It should be noted here that the western legal system isn't supposed to hand out vengeance just so the victim's families can get all sadistic over the fate of the perpetrator. After the enlightenment, its main purpose has been readjusting the felon to society, thus increasing the net productivity in the given society. By taking a non-criminal and locking him up with criminals for several years, you accomplish the opposite of this. Even if the incident itself was a one-time fuck up, the guy WILL become a repeat offender due to the arbitrary punishment.

Do you really believe that society should turn functional community members into hardened criminals for the sake of "justice", just because they fucked up one time? It sounds like a lose-lose to me, no matter how I look at it.

>Imagine your entire high school life + another year

Highschool is 4 years in the civilized world, Ahmed.

>Now imagine that you have to spend all of it in confinement.

In Canada? It's fucking nothing.

Rapes and violence rarely happens. One of the most hated and public murderers in Canada merely got punched in the face upon arrival. You spend all your time playing chess and reading books. You even get a tv and other frivolities.

Russian mafia used to write books about how life in Canadian prison was better than legitimate life in Russia.

Also this is a chronic alcoholic, not exactly a productive member of society.

You're right, that's why the mudskins who raped that swedish woman on facebook are only gonna get community service.

>You spend all your time playing chess and reading books. You even get a tv and other frivolities.
It doesn't sound bad when you think of them as past-time activities in an otherwise active life. When they are the only thing you can do, it becomes a whole other story. The constant knowledge that you can't leave also takes its toll on you.

It's very easy for someone who hasn never be confined to put it in "rational" terms, but it's a whole other deal when you're actually in confinement yourself.

>Russian mafia used to write books about how life in Canadian prison was better than legitimate life in Russia.
That says more about Russia, to be honest.

Well yeah it sucks a little bit, but for being a criminal who killed someone, stole hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars via fraud, trafficked drugs, raped someone, etc it's not a bad deal, imo.

It's really retarded in my opinion to give out such lenient punishments. There's basically no disincentive to not do some things.

For example killing someone without witnesses. You have a high chance of getting away if you just drive away and never tell anyone. A shockingly high chance. but then added on that you know if you do somehow get convicted you'll just get a few years. So who cares then, might as well do it

Meant in hit & run car accident*

>dude
stopped reading

Im sure the drunk driver will lose everything when the big fat lawsuit hits.

At least in the states it would be an open and shut case.

lmoa

10 years in prison for killing 4 people... Real fukin justice

Penalty is not for the offender, but to give justice to the family and the society.

t. Sharia "police" officer

Drunk drivers are scum, and the worst is they refuse to take responsibility for their actions.