One shot at life

>One shot at life
>Have to live in the middle of fucking nowhere with my parents because I can't afford to move out to a civilized area

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Level
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

>You will never live in the middle of nowhere in a comfy little village/by yourself

I have the opposite problem. Live with mommy in a city with a ridic cost of living and I don't want to start a career here.

I'll trade you my dude.

I need to live in a city. I live in a shitty fucking town where only old people and people with young families live.

Everyone's a redneck here and you have to drive (a significant distance) to get to any decent places of employment or decent doctors who aren't hillibillies, or really any medical services.

Rural where? If you say ontario, kys my man

o-ontario...

What part

Newmarket, a fate worse than death

You bitch, you're like an hour from toronto and you live in an actual city.

t. High Level, Alberta. Fuck you GTAnigger

yeah but i have to live here, I can't how it must be to live in a worse area.

>High Level, Alberta
>Population: ~3000

It's 8 hours from any city bigger than it so count your fucking blessings

Equidistant from Yellowknife and Edmonton

W-why do you live there?

And it's not that much better here. Honestly getting quite tired of living in Canada, my man. I kind of want to at least live closer to the border...

>tfw you are a rural Maritimer and all these employed richfags from Ontario and the Praries talk about hardships and distance from civilisation

Why do you even live there

No offense but I've never understood why people live in like Yukon and Nunavut-tier places. Why does ANYONE besides Inuits live there?

Why don't you just come to BC or Ontario? Isn't it as simple as simply flying over?

How come most of Canada is so undeveloped? Is it just too cold?

>Why do you even live there No offense but I've never understood why people live in like Yukon and Nunavut-tier places.
My family has lived here for like 300 years
>Why does ANYONE besides Inuits live there?
I said the Maritimes, we have alcoholics, unemployment, poverty, and seal meat, but not Inuits
>Why don't you just come to BC or Ontario?
I am white and they seem odd to me
>Isn't it as simple as simply flying over?
Technically yes

pls upload a photo of your hometown

Because people like the remoteness and naturalness of it all. I do. It's
beautiful in the Canadian north. Ontario and southern BC are memes
Northern AB isn't prairies my man
Not really underdeveloped, just undeveloped. Yellowknife/Whitehorse are fairly modern cities.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Level

>My family has lived here for like 300 years

Yes but can you honestly say you enjoy it? If so... I guess that's totally fine but don't you ever get disgruntled that you're missing out on so many things the world has to offer?

>I said the Maritimes, we have alcoholics, unemployment, poverty, and seal meat, but not Inuits

I have no clue what the Maritimes is, in fact I don't know anything outside of Southern Ontario, and even then I'm bad with major intersections.

Why don't you want to come over? There's lots of things to do here. Come live in Ontario senpai, it's not that bad.

Are you the OP? Why are you bitching then? Are you the copypasta depression high school dropout?

What the hell are you talking about? I'm just asking a simple question. He(or you) talks about the Maritimes in a displeased tone so I was wondering why people subject themselves to this.

Maritimes is officially New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia, though it is common for those outside Atlantic Canada to also include Newfoundland as a Maritime province.

Why do people live there?

Nova Scotia seems pretty cozy but the other other ones... Tell me about them, why do people live in these parts of Canada? Nature is cool and all but wouldn't it be smarter to just live in a decent part of Canada and then just take bi-monthly trips to the outdoors or whatever?

And what about Nunavut and Yukon or Northwest Territories

What happens over there

It's mostly just memes, you seem to be either bizarrely sheltered or new to Canada. The Maritimes are very rural with few cities and excepting Halifax no large cities of any kind, so it's a very rural redneck lifestyle. They have high rates of unemployment and relatively low wages (average household income in Alberta is $92k it's $59k in New Brunswick), work is iften seasonal, usually in fishing, trapping, or lumber so use of social assistance and employment insurance is common, they also recieve equalisation payments along with Québec. They are associated with sailors, weird accents, alcoholism, welfare, and other povertous or outdated memes, they are insular and wary of new trends or people "from away" but still consistently vote liberal because they need those welfare handouts.
On the plus they are virtually 100% white, most all of it old stock Canadians of French, Irish, and Anglo ancestry, the Maritimes are very safe with probably the lowest crime rates (particularly violent crime) anywhere in the Americas, and it's generally believed that they at least have a unique culture and Canadian identity (an Anglo one) whereas the majority of Canada outside Québec and the Maritimes is just America lite.

See

>They have high rates of unemployment and relatively low wages (average household income in Alberta is $92k it's $59k in New Brunswick), work is iften seasonal, usually in fishing, trapping, or lumber so use of social assistance and employment insurance is common, they also recieve equalisation payments along with Québec. They are associated with sailors, weird accents, alcoholism, welfare, and other povertous or outdated memes, they are insular and wary of new trends or people "from away" but still consistently vote liberal because they need those welfare handouts.

This sounds horrific.
I can understand spending a year or two there but living there? Jeez Louise!

>On the plus they are virtually 100% white, most all of it old stock Canadians of French, Irish, and Anglo ancestry, the Maritimes are very safe ...

That all sounds great but i there's been multiple deal breakers in the first sentence of your post.

Idk man, not my cup of tea. But it does sound kind of cool, I would stay there for a few months.

But I do have to concede, I am quite sheltered in this sense -- I don't really concern myself with anything outside my immediate vicinity and life/interests. If it doesn't affect me i don't care about it.

But i do find it interesting to find out how other people live.

For a younger person or couple the Maritimes is basically hell unless you are a hardcore redneck

For a family it's a question of priorities, if you want your kids to be close to good schools, community services, athletics, events, etc then avoid the Maritimes, but if you want your kids to grow up in a very traditional and old fashioned Canadian way in a very safe place, then the Maritimes are for you.

For old retirees with a steady income/pension the Maritimes are Heaven. Basically like going back in time to the glory days of your youth but with internet and better cars, and the landscapes/seascapes are gorgeous year round.

Ah i see.

Can you touch on any of the Nunavut/Yukon/NWT shit? Literally no idea why anyone except autistic anthropologist researchers live there.

I don't know anything about Northwest Territories or the Yukon, I have a couple friends in Nunavut, they moved there after university. He us a high school teacher, she is a social worker. They use sniw machines to get around most of the year, supplies are ice road trucked or more often flown in and are ridiculously expensive ($30 for a jar of peanutbutter, $105 for a case of water, $40 for a jug of juice, etc) but they white workers, like my friends, that the government send up there to take care if the Inuits can easily make big money. My friends make $250k a year in the late 20s, the inuits get government rebates to offset the cost of living. It's cold enogh that homes are built on special lifts that need to be adjusted every once in awhile, slabs and basements are impossible in the permafrost. He told me about a school field trip once, the kids just went outside town to play on the ice, in the middle of it they set a whole raw caribou carcass and left a big knife in it. As the kids got hungry they would come over and cut off a piece of raw caribou to eat. Mostly the whites only recreate with one another and avoid the Inuits outside work, who are an angey, dirt poor, sort of people with sky high crime rates and alcohol abuse.

Would it be a good idea to move there for a few years and get rich?

That is what most of the whites up there are doing. My friends will be millionaires by the time they are in their 30s if they stay up there and save.
With a couple million they can return to New Brunswick and retire comfortably.

I am now intrigued.

My dream is to get rich and then move to based Puerto Rico just as it becomes a US state.

So you are the high school dropout copypasta guy

Does he want to move to Puerto Rico too?

I don't see the similarity.