Globalism trade offs

When you look at murder rates, and terrorism between countries like Japan and more traditionally western countries like the United States, the difference is fairly staggering, but when you look at the individual countries, there's not as much different as you'd expect for such a massive discrepancy. As I see it the main difference between Japan and the West is that Japan is extremely xenophobic; it's difficult for other ideologies to reach Japan in a significant way, and immigration is nigh on impossible. This means a very ideologically and morally cohesive society.

IMO, that means there is therefore, a kind of trade-off; one between a more varied culture but more violence, and a more uniform culture with less.

Is that a fair evaluation?

Other urls found in this thread:

infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html
bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>spain is 0.7

Why are swedish so violent? Is it the viking dna? What about germs? Their nazi past maybe?

finnish immigrants

Moldavia has a rate of 6.5 and no one wants to live there.

What about crime rates in white Australia era?

>swedes attribute crimes to finn who do to eesti who do to russians

Japan has a stagnant economy with zero innovation. It has 200% debt to GDP.

Japanese entrepreneurs are learning English and moving to Silicon Valley ( located in the hellscape of America ) to do business.

>tfw canada has 2x the murder rate of cuckmany

how do i leave this violent barbaric shithole?

Your border the US that can't be good.

Russians don't attribute crime to Swedes though, it's not really a circle.
They probably attribute crime to Chechens and gypsies or something.

No stats for white Australia era. But some exist for 50's and on in the US. 1950 was 4.6 per 100,000. 1974 was 9.8 per 100,000 which is insane. What happened in the 70's?

infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

I love how everyone is a statistician nowadays

All statistics presented on this board are reported honestly and unedited, corrected for any bias imaginable, and significantly differ (P

It's redundant.

maybe they attribute it to rus blood descended from swedes

The problem with that is the same with any news, you still need to interpret the data (like, for instance, the comparison between the size of the audience at Trump and Obama's inauguration; of course Obama would have far more people attending to it on a Democrat stronghold, Trump held less votes with those being mostly on the rural areas) and how that sample size is low. Indonesia has a .5 intentional homicide rate and is still far from being a homogenous country.

Fair point, but I think
was trying to get across that the exclusionary policy in Australia with White Australia was heavily indicative of more overall barbarism. Obviously 50's America was a fucking hell hole of racism and yeah MLK getting shot. But despite the insane ideas of the time the murder rate still was lower than it is today. As in there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation between heavily racist ideas and actually taking them out on the subjects of the racism. Homicide stats are obviously not all telling though.

Call me when Japan produces an Uber or Tesla or SpaceX.

It's still has massively over-regulated labour market, zero economic growth and will collapse when 50% of the population are seniors.

Buuhhh, at least you have no crime.

I was just memeing m9, of course there are many more things that differ between Japan and the US/confounding factors that make OP's conclusions completely unfair, and of course there are many diverse countries with other homicide rates.
Hardly any person on this board would understand you if you went all statistical though.

uber should never be compared to tesla or spaceX in any way. Uber is the representation of what a speculative bubble is. This company should not exist and i will be pleased when it will disapear.
However this has nothing to do with this thread, Uber is a shitty busyness created by banker while Elon Munsk is a genius.

>le japan has low crime rate
haven't we been over this?
jap crime is covered up by the police because they are stat obsessed chinks
put the """suicide""" rates next to the murder rates or fuck off

I wasn't aware of that - is that a thing that happens? But I guess in 2005, combining the stats put Japan at like 20/100,000, and America at around the same 20/100,000. So I guess it all evens out at least back then.

t. thirdworld monkey who has no idea what the most civilized/advanced nation is

Does still seem a little questionable though. Suicide being high specifically among teens doesn't really align with homicide victims by age in the US.

bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

I don't know. I'm not a statistician. But I'd imagine most of those suicides are actual suicides. And maybe suicide rates are higher because of cultural reasons.

wtf I hate japs! but how come swiss are also so suicidal? Social pressure?