What went wrong for Turkey?

What went wrong for Turkey?

Other urls found in this thread:

f5haber.com/trhaberler/turkiye-de-basi-kapali-kadin-sayisi-haberi-4793420/
youtu.be/H9b43_1ATQg?t=99
radikal.com.tr/turkiye/iste-turkiyenin-kadin-profili-dindar-laik-ve-ataturkcu-1187074/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman–Wahhabi_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_bin_Saud
sputniknews.com/analysis/201608231044557222-saudi-west-alliance-hypocrisy/
youtu.be/DgxZr6LLS34
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we couldn't get rid of islam

Greeks couldn't get rid of turks. Instead, the opposite happened and turks turned Anatolia to a shithole.

they couldn't get rid of Erdoğan

This. Political Islam is 100% cancer.

it continued to exist

Islamic countries can't be secular sadly, even though Atatürk did a great job of getting rid of islam, it found a way and revived itself. I think this is due to the aggressive nature of the religion itself.

They can't overcome their asianess.

Look at this. You can give them latin script, dress them in suits but sooner or later they will beat their own fucking army.

He didn't adopt secularism as harsh as he could have, didn't crack down on Islam as a whole and didn't encourage the other religious minorities to side with him.

His big mistake was not going after Islam itself and ally with the other minorities. Pretty much what the Assads did, to be honest.

Removing a religion without introducing a new one is new impossible.
The commies couldn't do it.

nothing wrong with an Islamic Turkey, that's what the majority of the population believes in. stop trying to shove your secularism into other people's minds

>The commies couldn't do it.
They did it in the Stans they controlled though. It was the only time in history that Islam could be successfully tamed.

Central Asia wasn't hardcore about it in the first place. the people of the steppe had a different relationship to religion

You can't just ban the majority religion in a day, you have to do it gradually, he started the process but we couldn't keep it up. Plus the constant aggression in the middle east and how the west casted us out and treated us like shit didn't help either.

Turkey is an extremist Islamic shithole nowadays, have you not payed any attention to the things going on in the country?

Turks didn't count on the fact that "red state" Turkey, the hardcore rednecks who vote AKP, would eventually become more than a silent majority.

t. Brecher fan

>Islamic countries can't be secular

>what is albania
>what is azerbaijan
>what is kazakhstan
>what is sweden

Ataturk was too kind to muslims.

You can, the Bolsheviks did it and went further than he ever did. His mistake was trying to appease to the Turkic population and attacking Islam at the same time, which is impossible. Working with minorities then cucking Islam would have been a much better choice of action.
Azeris weren't that different from Turks regarding religion and even they got their heads put in place under Soviet rule.

>list a bunch of shithole irrelevant countries and sweden
good point

Turkey was never a true secular like, say America.

Ataturk was awesome but he was also a dictator. It was only a few decades after his death that people started protesting the right to wear Islamic headwear again

At best you were like Russia under the USSR boot. They were extremely anti-religion but your average Ivan still held love for Jesus.

a white european thought that he could make traditional brown arab rule better

Muslim Turks aren't Islamic extremists either. but it's clear that the statal secularism doesn't apply to the population at large. Greeks are quite religious too by European standards and we make much less of a pretense to secularism than Turks do (who are even more religious than us on average)

Turkey during Ataturk was more secular than the US and most European countries. It's in recent years that Islamic revivalism in law is appearing.

Also the US is only secular if you live outside the Bible belt, where a lot of laws are based of Christian teachings.

this

hijab was banned in schools until 2013

he won, Ionia and Constantinople should have been Greek.

they're not even banned here
I saw those fucking ninjas walking around school while I can't even wear a fucking hat

do you still wear uniform?

Yes, but Greek Orthodoxy doesn't go around blasting people, making societies less democratic and supporting jihadi groups. Muslims on the other hand.

Blame the Saudi's (and by proxy, us and the UK) for that

Turkish Islam is barely like that. a few Orthodox Greeks supported the Serbs in Bosnia but obviously no sane person would hold that against the religion

Christianity has as much ability to do this sort of shit. other factors emanating from places like Saudi Arabia are involved beyond the religion itself

albania is majority christian(orthodox and catholic combined) nowadays, and they were under communist rule
azerbaijan and kazakhstan was under anti-theist USSR rule
fuck off retard

as i said here , islam has fundamental ideas which cannot be adapted to the western way of life, this is the reason immigrants are creating a shit storm in europe. the only solution is to either some how abolish it or let them cuck you

>Turkish Islam is barely like that
I'm sure Sultan Erdogan disagrees.

You may think this is an argument, but this is in fact not an argument.

no dude, that's wrong. Islam is a majority in Albania.

You can do it, but you won't be able to do it in a democratic situation. Stalin had to shuffle populations and shoot dissidents so he could secularise the Tatars, so I don't expect anything other than that being needed to do so to other muslim groups.

How common are Ottoman symphatisers in Turkey, are there many who want a new Ottoman Empire?

I might have to remind you that you get expelled for bringing religious objejts in schools,more than 300 churches and 300 mosques are inactive,and a teacher was sentenced 5 years just for saying "Fighting for god is ok".We still have pretty aggresive laws against religion.

And this is how you deal with Islam in a secular society.

i would say 1/3rd of the country, used to be like 1/10th 10 years ago, sultan erdogan really is a great brainwasher

>Nato
All thing going worst after Turkey enter nato.

That's insane, wanting to bring back a fucking empire from 1 century ago

If you read bible, you can actually see it's as retarded as islam
Not the most popular ideology but yes, unfortunately it's a common thing
>do you still wear uniform?
It depends on every school's administration

I mean, fuck Turkey, obviously, but why wouldn't you want to restore your country's heyday?

Nope.Islam is still majority,even though the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""muslims"""""""""""""""""""""""" dont even go to pray

Would it be logical for me as a person to wish my country to reconquer all this land? That's the same thing

>If you read bible, you can actually see it's as retarded as islam

That's why the church had so many philosophers working for hundreds of years to turn christianism in a lite version of Aristotelism, plus Europe and the West went trough the renaissance, enlightenment era, reform and counter reformation and religion was cucked forever after all those processes and it became much more of a cultural asset of a cultural group than an actual ideology, like Islam still is to this day.

I will remind you that the west supported erdogan from 2003 to 2011, before he actually fucking lost it, many seculars at the time were aware of what could happen, nobody gave a shit though. Now even if you some how get rid of him the new generation is completely brainwashed, it would take atleast 2-3 generations to get rid of his ideologies

The Ottoman Empire's heyday actually was in the early 16th century, 500 years ago.

>tfw you will live to watch Albania come back to the fold of Christianity and Europe

When it happens I'm sure that Skanderberg will be smiling upon your country from wherever he is.

How secular was the country before he came to power? Compared to how secular it was during Ataturk

Europe went through the enlightenment after it realized that taking scripture too literally to the point that it influences government is a bad idea that leads to things like the 30 years war.

>no religion
>atheist

Plus Ottoman Empire wasn't as islamic as people make it to be, todays turkey is arab tier islamic.

pic related

The Muslim world actually heavily regressed in the 20th century. 100 years ago barely anyone in Egypt or Syria wore the hijab. In 1958 the hijab was practically gone from Egypt, now >90% of the women wear it. Same thing has happened in other Arab countries. Same thing, even worse, has happened in Iran. Same thing is happening at this very moment in Turkey.

Was it as secular right before Erdogan as during Ataturk was what i meant?

No religion means you only believe in god.In that census i registered myself as "no religion",because i believe in a higher power,but religion is shit

The Ottoman empire of the 19th century was a shithole. The laughing stock of Europe and an international embarrassment. It's no surprise Turks don't want to go back to that shit.

no way that's accurate. 22% Orthodox?

It was also the worst thing that happened to the Middle-East, ever. 600+ years of stagnation.

Korca,Vlora,Tirana,Saranda,Delvina,Gjirokastra and the other part of south is either bektashi muslim or orthodox,while north is catholic or sunni,and there arent a lot of muslims in south,only in Vlora and Elbasan

you mean bordering Austria, considering "Turks" as Anatolian peasants and having your middle class be Greek-Armenian-Jewish?

how was that a heyday for Turks/Turkey?

obviously not as secular, but 100 times more secular than how it is now, this is the 1999 elections map, non of these parties are actually "islamic", rather conservative but blue is the most secular party

russia is most religious christian country I think
weird how progressive we once were and then suddenly the most conservative european country

I generally know the religious distribution in Albania but 22% Orthodox seems way too high to me for today

this is the 2015 elections, red is the secular party, purple is the kurdish party, yellow is erdogans party

>no CHP
What the fuck.

The real map would have 75% or more no religion,but people just state according to what holidays they celebrate

Look up the history of turkish elections you won't see any CHP from 77 to 99 but DSP(ecevit) instead

> take a backward illiterate shithole full of peasants
> half of them Muslims and half of them Christians
> make secularism a reality in the long term
Based Enver.

turkey isnt that islamic and erdogan is populist and luckily he keeps islamists in check. however he will rule this country like franco did for like 30 years.

this predates communism as well to an extent. Albanian nationalism was inclusive of both Muslims and Christians for a number of reasons

Erdogan

>turkey isn't that ismalic
where do you live?

>>>/ekşi/

>turkey isnt that islamic
>t. 15 yaş kadiköylü

erdoshit

he and his surroundings are pretty much the same as ongoing alt-right crap incl brexit and maga in the west

>f5haber.com/trhaberler/turkiye-de-basi-kapali-kadin-sayisi-haberi-4793420/
>72% of the women walk around like a ninja
>not islamic
back to /tr/

youtu.be/H9b43_1ATQg?t=99

good old days ;___;

>f5 haber
Ahahahaha
>%99
Lan ateist fedora fb sayfalarının beğenisi bile Türkiye'nin yüzde birinden fazla

my left ear really enjoyed this

>ateist oranını %1 gösteren diyanetin anketi

wax beni gavad ve salak ekşicim ;_;

kaynağı trt o haberin, başka hiç bir yerde yok istatistik bi tek radikalin bu haberi var
radikal.com.tr/turkiye/iste-turkiyenin-kadin-profili-dindar-laik-ve-ataturkcu-1187074/

>OTOBUSLERLE MUSLUMAN TOPLUYORLAR HOCAM!

Hiq be vlla. Po habitem qysh i shajn muslimant ne Shqiperi e ne Kosove, e knej vet jan shum ma fetar edhe folin qysh me bo edhe ni kryqzat.

Veq me mujt gjith bota me e majt fen ne nivel si Shqiperia edhe Kosova. Lakmi duhen me na pas.

Does this mean we can take your country back?

Feja duhet te shkaterrohet,sepse eshte nje kancer qe e ka mbuluar kete bote.

Pajtohem me ty, po i sigurt jam se edhe shum veta nuk pajtohen. Ma mir ta majm fen ne nivel sic e kemi tash dhe ti largohemi kultures arabe. Feja nuk duhet me na percaktu kulturen.

>fetare
>njerez
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahaha

but your country created islamic terrorism?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman–Wahhabi_War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_bin_Saud

sputniknews.com/analysis/201608231044557222-saudi-west-alliance-hypocrisy/

Atatürk gave all this rights and democracy to turkey. They didn't fight for it just like france for example. A huge part of the country still doesn't know how important these rights are. Even in the times of Independence War of Turkey there were sultanate sympathizers and even after war they tried to kill ataturk and tried to hijack government they failed but never gave up. Appeared on different time periods and sometimes rose to power and sometimes couldn't.
Turkish army has always been a counter to them but since coups aren't nicest things happen to civilians a hate against soldiers and coups rose in years.

When erdogan came to power he was installed with help of gulenists (yes they weren't enemies until a few years ago) at that time gulenist weren't that many and they weren't in most important positions in government but they quickly started moving their men to important positions. When they first came they were very afraid of soldiers (mostly secular at that time) so they started buying and bribing mainstream media and started pushing anti soldier propaganda on people with "muh coup" in it's core. Then they removed secular very high ranking soldiers and generals with forged evidence placed in their properties and other corrupt ways. Now high ranking soldiers gone they started filling it with their gulenist men and soldiers are ebil guys now.

They used government and gulen owned schools and gave students answers for university entrance exams for years and placed these kids on important jobs like attorneys and judges. They used military and police academies to place their own students on these places as well.

Goverment properties sold to their men with privatization made by corrupt tender to sell it to themselves.

99% of the media is controlled by them, all the mainstream ones are their hands now.

Bribery and favoritism is how local governments works now, if you don't vote for erdogan your villages won't get basic government support like roads.

1/4

They cheated at every single one of the elections be it by threatening the voters with no local government support, sending coal or food supplies to poor villages or simply cutting electrics in vote counts. So many extra stamps have been found at most of the country in all elections.

Years passed by and they grew stronger in government officials, military, police, public prosecutor... they weren't in only high ranking places but in low ranking officers too. Owning most of the private businesses and most of the big companies.

They made absolutely horrible political decision be it on the inside or the outside so turkey, already a friendless country made enemies too.

They started witch-hunts on remaining seculars, be it government or private businesses like media. Some of these people were either blackmailed or made outcasts so some even resigned or worse, coverted to their cause.

By the way, terrorism skyrocketed, growing each year dividing citizens of Turkey ethnically. Western media doesn't cover it but these kurdish terrorists have always leeching kurdish villages, if they support them, also attacking them or targeting government facilities like hospitals, town halls, police or soldier troops so life in kurdish populated cities and villages became unhabitable and migration form east part of the country to the west part grew much worse, also dividing kurdish people against eachothers.

A few years ago erdogan and gulen started to attack eachother, on the surface seemingly about educational courses and schools owned by gulen (remember how they install their own students by cheating?), people speculate it's about disagreement on how to split money generated by them. So now they are enemies they started tearing themselves apart, erdogan closing businesses and media owned by gulen one by one and removing gulenist from important places slowly. The gulenist made a failed coup resulting today's state of emergency and rapid arrests and replacement of gulenists

2/4

Supposedly gulenists made the coup prematurely and made it in the last minute (that night they were going to get arrested but they had a mole inside so they made it in the evening instead of a very late hour like 3-5 am) erdogan used mosques so "nation can save itself" however that coup failed because seculars left in army realized it wasn't made by seculars and some suspected gulenists were in it so they stopped most of the soldiers from leaving their corps. (Remember the bombing of The Grand National Assembly of Turkey? This very building represents what kemalist/secular soldiers are trying to protect, democracy)

Erdogan used this opportunity to make AKP's (his party) biggest, intercity meeting on live TV and broadcasted it to the whole world.

Now turkey is still in the state of emergency and they passed a new law, wich would make any dictator or cuop makers jealous, abolishing the separation of powers and The Grand National Assembly of Turkey on practice. A law like this would be the outcome if gulenists made the coup successfully.

3/4

There is going to be a referendum in a few months.
It passed parliament with votes of erdogans party AKP (right wing and radical islam, always using religion as a tool) and with the help of MHP (turkish nationalist party, moderete right with moderate islam supporters inside) votes against two other parties CHP (Ataturk's original party, moderete left civic nationalist, has always been against erdogan or similar islamic parties before them) and HDP (seemlingly kurds party but pkk terrorists propaganda party in reality, full-blown far left/liberals) with 339 yes votes against 142 no votes.
The important thing about this referendum is it's going to take place in state of emergency that is in force since the coup, meaning there won't be meetings by other parties for the purpose of information of civilians about that laws contents and other similar meeting/rallies.
Erdogan and his supporters already have not only mainstream media but about 95% of all media in turkey.
Passing of the law in parliament have only been covered in 1 television channel and 1 newspaper in the whole country. Both of them have been oppressed for years already.
While other parties are not able to rally and no media organizations to tell the contents they will easily make propaganda in every single tv channel and newspapers. They will also use mayors or similar state officers in meetings with civilians.
Turkeys situation (coup, terrorism, economy, syria war and next potential terrorist attacks be showed as the couse of the law and stability, economy and security will be the main propaganda tool.
We galactic empire now.
youtu.be/DgxZr6LLS34

4/4

pretty much this

perhaps we should have never tried democracy in the first place

I hope Turkbros can make Turkey great again

Skanderbeg didn't give a shit about Islam, he had muslims in his army. He just hated t*rks.