/A-H/ - Austria-Hungary general

"Bash-a-neighbour" edition

The goal: Supersede all generals slash renegades.
This thread is not (necessarily) for the glorification or berating of the past, talking about who was wrong (arguing who IS wrong is encouraged! - as it fits). Reminiscence is healthy and welcome. The discussion of the music, cuisine, linguistic and other cultural legacy of this diverse ethnic pool is welcome

OP apologises in advance for triggering the poor souls with certain coat of arms and borders. It's not intentional. The past is unchangeable

Encouraged: Czechs, Slovaks, Poles, Ukrainians, Austrian Germans, Hungarians, Slovenes, Croats

Invited but potentially troublesome: Romanians, Serbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FHFf7NIwOHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GDP PP of the regions

Why was bohemia so rich?

When Hungarians built planes in between terrorising minorities (a bomber place, characteristic to the Hungarian national mindset)

It was the industrial center of the country.

Bohemia was always an industrious region. Ever since the Bohemian kings. It remained the seat of Austro-Hungarian glass and steel industry for a long time. Stirred knowledge between the Protestant and Catholic population I suppose. The same happened here in the 18th century, when Protestants started getting here, spreading their beliefs. Lots of scientific and rational thought emerged, books published en masse.

WE

delet

Hi

>Czechs, Slovaks, Poles, Ukrainians, Austrian Germans, Hungarians, Slovenes, Croats
So why not just post in V4?

>dat 1870-1890 industrial boom in Kranjska

Also, bog shivi zefarja and so on

youtube.com/watch?v=FHFf7NIwOHQ

>ukrainians

I am Transylvanian

are you a vampire

I hope not

Lads

Any hot topics?

That's rude. There were at least 3,6 million of them in the Monarchy

Germanisation and Hungarisations are memes perpetuated in the post 1848 nationalistic atmosphere and post 1914 revisionism.

Pre 1848, Hungarian nobles never even related themselves with the actual hungarian peasantry.
The germanisation edicts of Joseph, Francis and Leopold were due to the increased need for efficient administration, rather than some evil german plan to assimilate the slavs.

How's that?

That's a pretty straightforward, hot and controversial topic. I agree on most, but the "Prison of nations waaaaa", is what's taught in schools around this corner of the world

It's rather sad that even after 100 years and with the supposed new, liberal teaching programmes, this is taken without a grain of salt, as if our classrooms were 1848 insurrection coffee shops.

>Pre 1848, Hungarian nobles never even related themselves with the actual hungarian peasantry.
This, though I can see where it comes from. Since the time Hungary is controlled by the masses we've been declining. The average poor Hungarian fuck is extremely dumb and narrow minded. There are still millions who hate French people with passion because of m-muh Trianon.

>Since the time Hungary is controlled by the masses we've been declining

Cato pls go and stay go.

i kinda like croatia

>bitches of Austria general

cucks

>first slovak in thread
>already starts shitting it up
gee i wonder why people are not that fond of us

>us

you are not Slovak Bence

what am i then? and what are you? and do you have any factual evidence to back these claims up? or are you just making shit up you cockmuncher?

>what am i then?

I dont know, probably subhuman ma*yar, but not Slovak thats for sure

>I dont know, probably subhuman ma*yar, but not Slovak thats for sure
prove it

No infighting allowed. Bash-a-neighbour, meaning you have to shit on others

Look at this elitist

I like Austria-Hungary

Same here

>Encouraged: Czechs, Slovaks, Poles, Ukrainians, Austrian Germans, Hungarians, Slovenes, Croats
>Invited but potentially troublesome: Romanians, Serbs
and Italians

Ooga booga where da autochthonoies at

So would you guy think a federation would have work?

In an alternate reality where everything around AH didn't exist maybe... But not with Germany, France, ww1, Wilson, Russia, independent Serbia, Italian irredentism and so on and so on.

hello

You have to go back, Székely

Hello neighbouring Empire
Do you think it would have been better if Austria united Germany instead of Prussia?

> No. WEWUZ retards would fuck up
> youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

We know how germans are, it would lead to massive civil war :^)

Relevant

Because half the population was Austrians and Jews.
After the Czechs took over it turned into a shithole rather quickly

germans are famous for civil wars?

Famous for infighting.

You know...

Something German Reich and then to finish it power vacuum filled by USSR so pls you literally turned us this way.

sorry :(