How do you do it ?

Are you guys really interested in music ? What do you like about stuffs that you like ? I find no point in embracing patrician and difficult music anymore, idk why. Like everytime i tried again, i'm like "for what ? Oh okay, to make me feel like i belong in the place i wish i belong". recently i just wanted to listen to fucking metallica and i hate myself for it.

everytime i look at my playlist now i'm like "why can't i like these ? I can't make Metallica my main thing, i don't want to fall into 'that' category. I have to be better than that." And then i started listening to pic related and then i yawned.

But i won't give up. I HAVE TO enhance my music IQ. Fashion, philosophy and music is all that i've got.

What makes you guys actually actively look for new music and dig through the whole stuff ? The fact that you guys always have new interesting stuffs, means that you actually like it. But i can't like metallica, i have to like something better. I used to be the best at this, everyone around me was calling me 'that music guy' and that's the only thing i like about myself : my music IQ. But now it's really fading away. I even almost don't like music anymore. Like listening to music and looking for new 'difficult and challenging' stuffs became more like a chore

Life sure is exhausting

When I first discovered "non-mainstream" music it was a genuinely exciting time because my mind was being exposed to all these new forms of artistic self-expression, which were original but also accessible, and introducing me to many artists who I could identify with on a deeper level.

When I became a music snob it was an issue of one-upmanship, wearing my taste like a badge and trying to have better, more fashionably obscure, or just more obscure taste than others. People would post charts full of albums with no titles because they wanted to be mysterious. It's a pissing contest.

When I fell deep into music obsession I stopped enjoying the act of listening to music. It was like a second job where I would get home and listen to stuff, then give it a rating, but did not enjoy the process at all.

When I finally became sick of the whole thing I gave up on the hobby and stuck the couple genres I like. My life has been noticeably better since then.

It helps to diversify your interests in order to avoid defining yourself (and your value) on the basis of one or two arbitrary hobbies.

nobody is forcing u to dislike metallica

Dirty Three is wonderful though

Being interested in music doesn't mean that you have to listen to safe Sup Forumscore or abandon your taste.
It's not pleb to like Metallica. Pleb is when you exclusively listen to Metallica and don't want to search for new music.

I like noise rock a lot, and after some thinking I discovered the exact reason why i like noise rock, so i started looking for more music with that characteristic i like so much. I've discovered a lot of great music since then.

i felt this way too at one point but you just gotta get yourself content with having "guilty pleasures" if you will and moving on. even better if you can just not care what other people think of your taste at all

>I gave up on the hobby and stuck the couple genres I like

This is like my phase right now but i can't accept it yet. I still have nothing else in my life worth being happy and proud of. If not music, what else ? Nothing else.

Well i'm forcing myself to dislike metallica by imagining the kind of people that are related to it

I can figure out how wonderful it is, but not something that moves me

Well you're lucky that your favourite stuff can impress me. Liking metal, especially pleb metal, is creepy. It gives off creepy freak vibe. It's not the persona that i'm trying to be

Well this morning i listened to a lot of Metallica and RVIVR, fantasizing about performing the songs in front of the people i wish i could impress. But i really wish i didn't care about what people think of my taste

Pic related is what i'm listening to rn. I'm not even paying attention to the music, i'm having something else in my head. I haven't yawned, which is good.

opposite for me. when i really started paying attention to labels and researching stuff on discogs it changed everything for the better. love to have a ton of music that fit any mood i might have. i think a lot of people go wrong on the whole rating things part. i avoid rym and p4k.

>Are you guys really interested in music ?
Yes

>What do you like about stuffs that you like ?
Pleasant to listen to without being bland. Good music affects me in a way that, say, movies/TV/insert artform here doesn't.

>I find no point in embracing patrician and difficult music anymore, idk why
Then don't. No one is telling you to.

>I can't make Metallica my main thing, i don't want to fall into 'that' category.
NO. ONE. CARES. WHAT. MUSIC. YOU. LISTEN. TO.

>Liking metal, especially pleb metal, is creepy. It gives off creepy freak vibe. It's not the persona that i'm trying to be
Don't use music as a fashion statement, it makes you look pretty insecure.
I love Slayer and I know the fanbase is full of edgelords, but I don't give a fuck.

Metallica is fucking great if you are talking about their first four albums, and the only people who would deny that are contrarians. Don't feel bad about listening to what you listen too.

For me however, when I was getting into music I definitely started with more accessible stuff (as most people do). But as Iistened to it more and more, I began to notice patterns and formulas, and a lot of that music started to feel derivative and just frankly boring after a while. The thing that excites me about experimental music is that the whole point of it is making unique and interesting sounds. It's not for the purpose of seeming patrician to anyone; I like what I like because it genuinely interests me.

>Then don't. No one is telling you to.
well i'm telling myself to. Because i find it meaningful, having good taste in music, having obscure taste that separate me from normal people

>NO. ONE. CARES. WHAT. MUSIC. YOU. LISTEN. TO.
You can't deny it, people do judge you based on your music taste. I'm really scared of judgements. I spend a lot of times to appear as something i wish people would see of me

Well no shit, i AM insecure.

Well the album that impress me the most is ride the lightning. All other albums are pretty much 'some songs i like but not the whole album'. Actually Megadeth earn my respect more but i use Metallica as an example to really emphasize on the plebeianism that i suffer from.

And yeah i was like that for a while but now it gets exhausting and pointless. I really liked Swans for a while, Filth was an absolute masterpiece for me.

>i AM insecure
>Fashion, philosophy and music is all that i've got.

>insecure
>Fashion

>Are you guys really interested in music?
Yes, I used to be a Top 40 listener but then I realized there was more music than top 40. I don't think Top 40 is bad but it is not my taste, but I do appreciate the production of music today but I wish there would be more songs that have more apparent acoustic instruments to accompany the synthesizers.

What's your point ? Yes, /fa/ is full of insecure fuckwits.

I try so hard to dress good. To make people think i'm into Sup Forums and /lit/. I wish i'm into /lit/. I wish i like reading. I wish i have more attention span. I created a persona in my head, someone that i wish i was, someone that i want people to see of me, someone that i try to be.

You're the only one suffering by being a poser dude. People respect you more if you are just honest and open.

this sums it up really. We like music. I like pretty much all of it. I don't care for tv really, or movies, or other forms of art the way I like music. There are movies/shows/paintings I like, but I do not obsess over them the way I do music. Music is the greatest, if you don't completely feel that way then don't come here. There are enough people who use music as social capital and you've made it clear that is all you want to do.

Bitterness aside, go find something you enjoy and do it until you die because otherwise your life will be a hollow shell of meaningless experiences.

This is sad. Just do what you fucking like. Holy shit.

Some patrician albums impressed me but i can never make it through the whole album

Well life is sad if you're me. Seeing other people, and then seeing yourself, is pretty difficult sometimes

I don't need just respect, i need a particular kind of respect

I lost enjoyment in anything. Idk why. Nothing is fun anymore, besides babysitting my short attention span by binge youtubing, looking at foreign vlogs because i always want to live somewhere else. Also i like looking at people socializing. It makes me feel like i'm there.

just listen to kpop my man

>I don't need just respect, i need a particular kind of respect

You mean the kind of respect where everyone thinks you are attractive and genius with excellent taste in all mediums? Well I'm sorry to say user, I know no one who receives that respect, and people who try just come off as pretentious. You can crave that kind of respect, but it really is unattainable if that's not you. Crowds can spot posers like you from miles away. Most of the people I respect personally are confident in themselves, and just genuinely great or special for some reason. I have a friend who I respect greatly because he is one of the most down to earth, funny, nice and great guys I have ever met. I don't care that he dresses kind of goofy or that he mostly listens to meme rap.

Basically bottom line, you have to command respect, not demand it.

I listen to dial-up modems 24/7 everyone else who listens to music is a pleb compared to me.

The people that don't know, won't notice how cool you try to be.

The people that know, will figure out you're a fraud.

You lose either way.

>This is like my phase right now but i can't accept it yet. I still have nothing else in my life worth being happy and proud of. If not music, what else ? Nothing else.
maybe rather than developing some kind of snobby music taste as a crutch, you should freely enjoy the music that you like and try to restore other parts of your life instead
i don't know, study, learn to play an instrument, work out, whatever; i don't really know the specifics of your situation but just obsessing over taste doesn't really take you anywhere as a person

I like some kpop songs. I like f(x), but yeah i can't tell anyone "i like kpop".

Well i wish it was easy being a good genuine person. I wish it was easy being natural. I wish i can trust myself. Idk man i know what you mean but i don't myself having it in me. I don't see myself being anywhere near those great traits. I'm a horrible monster and i'm totally aware of that. Sometimes i wish everyone hates me because i see villain as superior. No one looks at the figurines.

See, now it's even getting more blurry. Idk if i actually need respect. Or just people being impressed by me

>I like f(x)
good taste

try
lim kim - awoo
red velvet - ice cream cake

also, my advice is: just listen to what you wanna listen to. music is meant to be enjoyed not to impress other people with your patreeshon taste

How long until OP ends it all?

If only working out can grow my peepee size, i would have done it like crazy. but it all seems pointless. Like if it doesn't result in something that matters to me, it has to be fun. If it's not both, then there's no point of doing it

Are you a teenager or something? I don't mean this as an insult you just sound really insecure and impressionable which is something that goes away by the time you hit your mid 20s if not sooner. When you get older no one is going to care what you listen to or what you wear, they just won't have the time to care because they're too busy with their own lives.

My brother, do you have a preferred ISP/area code sound that you prefer? I always was partial to AOL. NetZero and Juno never really did it for me

I created my own cable company to keep it underground. I can't tell you the name because then I wouldn't be a patrician anymore.

Dude, just listen to what you enjoy.
I, for one, listen to "patrician" music because I enjoy it. If it's not doing anything for you then don't listen to it anymore if, or until, it does!

Also, as an aside: if liking cool music was at one point what you considered your identity, you really might need to search your life. Don't define yourself by your artistic interests, define yourself by your personality and lifestyle. Perhaps you used complex music to fill a gap in your life, and it's just not succeeding in doing so anymore. If this is the case, it might be time for you to really dig deeper and find something proactive that you are passionate about. There's probably a lot more to YOU than you think there is.

if you aren't researching music every waking moment for an entire decade, you don't deserve to be patrician

Well i try, i really try.

No i'm 23. But i've never been teenager before. Like yes i do still long for 18 yr old stuffs that i never experienced. I feel like i haven't grow up since 16. I haven't had besfriends since middle school too

Idk if i'm ready to be true to myself. Idk if i'm ready to accept myself as a not patrician. I don't like myself.