>Pedophiles
I'm sure Sup Forums has the actual answers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zAwQsteyz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The racism was killing him inside.

Paul Mooney

>The racism was killing him inside.
Was the socio-political climate that racist still? He was at the hight of his popularity when he dropped it all. And he sounds like a borderline conspiracy theorist when he talks about quitting.

He had mental health problems and didn't like the fact that his show had become so popular with white people. He wanted to do angry black man standup.

>He had mental health problems and didn't like the fact that his show had become so popular with white people. He wanted to do angry black man standup.
She he's just a racist manchild with some shit for brains?

Was or wasn't the perception is what matters to the individual.
And he also had issue with people misconstruing his satire and sarcasm and was afraid it may just be reinforcing stereotypes to certain people which is a problem when your original intent was the opposite.

Essentially he realized that the majority of his skits played on several black stereotypes. Sure he made fun of all races, but he eventually realized he was the Organ Grinder Monkey dancing around and getting paid to make white people laugh by making fun of black people. He got sick of that and bailed.

I somewhat respect his choice for standing firm on what he believes and not letting a shit ton of money coerce him into doing something he no longer believed in doing, but at the same time hes gotta realize that hes an entertainer, and all entertainers(actors, comedians, musicians) get work by dancing around like organ grinder monkeys for everyone.

He gets points for bailing at the height of his shows popularity. Who gives a fuck what his reasons are. A sketch comedy show only survives with rotating cast memebers. Even though SNL has sucked ass since "debatable" after Ferrell left.

Bill Burr

this

Maybe his heart just wasn't in it anymore and he had the wherewithal to get out and do something else with his life while he was ahead
I can't imagine anyone here who isn't NEET sees themselves doing what they do now until they retire

/thread

He freaked out.

He actually didn't keep stride.

He signed an amazing and historic contract to make a ton of money and he couldn't handle the pressure and obligation.

He ran away and Time fucking magazine had to find him.

He quite literally resented that he couldn't control his success or his work once he out it out there. He didn't like his lines becoming memes like Monty Python did, I dunno what the fuck he wanted, maybe he preferred being notorious to really famous and accepted. But he didn't just turn his back or quit, he ran away and hid, like a bitch.

He signed a deal with Comedy Central that gave him a very large percentage of the show's profits.

The show was far, far more successful than anyone expected.

They immediately pulled him aside to try to re-negotiate the deal, offering him more seasons of the show at a lower percentage. He said no, I want to stick to the deal we already agreed to, and if you want to do more seasons (he knew they would) we're doing it at the same rate. He wouldn't budge.

At this point they started to undermine his credibility, in the press and among his co-workers and "friends." They were trying to spread rumors that he had a drug problem, things like that. Not only to intimidate him, but to make it much harder for him to take the show to another network.

He didn't want to take the shit deal, he got increasingly paranoid about what would happen if he kept fighting for the good deal, so he freaked out and left the country. He was scared, pretty much. There was a lot of money on the table and they really, really didn't want to give it to him.

This, and he was also starting to get disillusioned with Hollywood because of some of the weird shit his producers were trying to get him to do. Look up the story about them trying to make him wear a dress.

According to him he was constantly having people scream "I'm rick James bitch" etc. When he was out with family.
Also his show derailed from the direction he wanted it to go.

I think becoming so famous so fucking quick didn't help

This is all bullshit, he just fucked off.

Everything said about him was speculation caused by him fucking off.

He had a mental breakdown.

It's possible he just ran out of material and soon everyone would know it, or he would have to work too hard to come up with some new.

Pretty much like any remotely talented comedian he is mentally ill and success tends to exacerbate that. Unlike most comedians though he was self aware to realize this and bailed before it completely destroyed his brain.

The racism framing is legit for him to some extent but it's pretty clear from what he's said that he's aware if he'd made all the money that was on the table it would probably kill him early.

He talks about it a bit in the Oprah interview after he came back. Friends started to come up to him on some Invasion of the Body Snatchers shit like "Dave is everything okay? I've been hearing you're not well." This was going on before he fucked off. The whole contract took place around the re-negotiation of his contract for the third season. You really think it wasn't about money? Grow up user, it's ALWAYS about money.

Because he's a racist who got upset white people were enjoying his "cutting edge" comedy.

Ironically to this day he still blames white people, instead of his jewish overlords at Viacom who were using him for their own agenda.

The whole *conflict* took place, sorry

It was about money. Sure.

He was overwhelmed. They wanted him, they signed him for a fiction of money, but he has to play ball, that's the reality, he was the one that needs to grow the fuck up. He had a contract, you fulfill it and move on, that's it. He didn't even walk away, he ran to another country and hid there. He freaked out at the prospect of all that work and commitment. It was all very clear back then, the was no mystery at all except for like 3 months or so. There was no conflict, he had disappeared so thoroughly Time had an article about finding the fucker.

A white guy laughed at the joke Chappelle made involving "black people like fried chicken" and hearing a white guy laugh about it put him over the deep end. What was ok with him was making a joke in the same sketch that said all white people are small dicked racists on the inside. So more or less hypocrisy overload.

Why do people still care? This shit happened a decade ago

This.

Relevancy expired.

I'm really not trying to make it some kind of "crazy conspiracy" thing. He was playing hardball in a multi-million-dollar contract negotiation, they started putting the pressure back on him, and it freaked him out and he ran away just like you said.

It's not the Illuminati or something like that, it's just that when you're trying to get millions of dollars from Viacom, it's gonna be a fight. That's just how the business works sometimes, and he wasn't ready for it. But he was also too proud to say "sure I accept your terms," so he ran.

Sup Forumstards are so delusional, Christ

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

The top of the world is a scary place. Nobody gets close to the Illuminati if they don't want you there.

>HEY BRO THAT'S DAVE CHAPPELLE...DAVE. DAVE. DAVE. DAAAAAVE. DAVE. WHO AM I? I'M RICK JAMES BIYATCH!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA!!!

probably got old after a while

>Why do people still care? This shit happened a decade ago
Its somewhat interesting because its exactly that. Time has passed and the story is now more or less understood.

I don't understand.

Care to elaborate?

Not even Sup Forums there were the few episodes where Dave left, they finished airing the remaining clips and showed the one that caused his freak out. It was "racist pixies" where they would point out when you were fitting into your racist stereotype. After the showed the clip they had the audience speak their minds on it.

The show as a whole was nice because all races could equally be made fun of and laughed at, but when he freaked out that white people laughed at black people the everyone is equal and its all for comedy message was compromised.

one thing that makes it so perplexing too is he was given something like 6 million dollars and broke the contract within a few weeks, and has rarely done any comedy related things since.

>because all races could equally be made fun of and laughed at

That is not what the show did.
That is not what the audience did with it.

Enlighten me on what it did and what the audience did with it then.

>he was given something like 6 million dollars
He was going to get 55 million dollars

oh shit thats even more than i remembered

youtube.com/watch?v=4zAwQsteyz8

Paul Moody came into his head, saying that Dave was somehow betraying the black cause and stuff like that. The absolute breaking point was Bill Burr laughing at him during the try-out of one of his sketches. Besides this, he was also sick of the fact that he couldn't live a normal life anymore. Lots of celebs can deal with it, some dont. Dave realised this and instead of getting a fucked up male version of Lindsey Lohan he decided to jump the ship before that would happen. Of course he is still very famous now, but it's not on the level of the Chapelle show anymore.

It was about any given topic, situation etc. and whatever race was involved which wasn't usually anyone other than black people. The vast majority were black sketches. Honestly what other than the racial draft was about other races?

And it became 'laugh at them' not 'laugh with them' from future 4channers in 2003.

And btw I don't think he quit the show because of that, he just knew it would quickly become hipsters complaining about "how much this show sucks now" like every other comedy show.

*getting to become