D-Day

>D-Day
>no Band of Brothers thread

Change into your PT gear, we're running Currahee.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_kiJryvmZY
youtube.com/watch?v=CtwftQUxqpM
youtube.com/watch?v=2bZ2CiACbmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PIVOT

>americans claiming victory in World War 2
yeah, thanks for providing resources. You were literally just a greengrocer towards the end of it

>implying Brits aren't garbage strategists and we didn't bail you out

Now the two fat countries will fight for an entire thread.

Boring.

History Channel used to show a Band of Brothers Marathon on June 6th.

Today they're showing Rome shit in preparations for the Barbarian Rising series. Last Stand of the 300 (even though it isn't Roman...), Rome: Engineering an Empire, Caligua: Reign of Terror, and the movie Gladiator.

Can't say I mind the lineup....

>it's a euroqueer episode
Not one of my favorites, desu

He literally did nothing wrong

He cut the fence.

>did nothing wrong
>prefers spagetti as his 'go-to' dish

OOO A QUARTER

Only because some little shit was impersonating an officer.

Didn't salute Major Winters

What was Cobb's fucking problem?

>put Fassbender in your TV show
>give him 5 lines of dialogue over the course of 10 episodes
Who came up with this shit?

Contraband goes in all fields

>Tried watching this some years ago.

>Jewish commander trains a group of good goyim to kill Hitler.

No wonder this was so shilled when it came out.

What is this?

But the army pretty much cucks him before he goes off to war. The shitjew has to stay home training priests and newsmen.

They literally killed WTC because this aired two days before 9/11.

They're are out there, let's just get em'.

I've never watched Band of Brothers. Was thinking about starting it tonight on Netflix.

I've heard good things about it. Am I in for something good?

D-day was so fucking over done in the years after Saving Private Ryan came out.

If you got all your info from the TV, you'd think WWII consisted of storming the beaches on D-Day, and then the Bulge, and that was it.

Band of Brothers would have been KINO except fo the appearance of this faggot.

MILLIONS OF PEACHES PEACHES FOR ME
MILLIONS OF PEACHES PEACHES FOR FREE
LOOK OUT

Yes, it quite literally is the best I have ever watched. War series or not, it is pretty awesome.

>Jimmy Fallon, who had a brief appearance as 2nd Lt. George C. Rice in episode 5, revealed on his talk show that even thought his appearance involved driving military Jeep, he did not know how to drive a stick shift. Fallon stated that during filming the Jeep he was driving had to be hand pushed by crew members. Sound was later added to make it appear that he was driving.
Top kek

>it's a Speirs saves the day episode

In his defense, I bet that period Jeeps are a bitch to drive even if you know how to drive stick.

lmao what the fuck

>how many of us Brothers will they expect in the wreckage, sir?

are you kidding me americucks

Essentials are the same, shifting pattern is different.

Reverse is where a modern first gear is, first in second, second where third is, and the final third gear is far right and down, so reverse.

no

Hey, don't blame all of us for the pussies on the coasts
Most folks in the midwest can drive stick

and then he ran back

BASED

Who else would follow this glorious bastard to hell and back?

Why was Simon Pegg playing an American?

Shut up faggot I swear to god ill nuke your dumbass into nonexistance

hhahahahahhaHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

kek, that's got to be one of the most unmanly things I've ever heard

He was a fantastic trainer but a poor leader. Several Easy Company men have said that Sobel's merciless training saved their lives.

You are on latrine duty Private Fallon, for being such a faggot.

This is true.

Why did they call him Shitpost Norman?

He ended up making colonel. Guess getting kicked up stairs isn't so bad.

Reminder that the real Sobel attempted suicide, failed but blinded himself in the process, spent the next 17 years in a VA hospital and didn't have a funeral.

absolute fucking madman

>the church scene
youtube.com/watch?v=k_kiJryvmZY

Rust on the buttplate hinge, Private Bullshit. REVOKED.

Why did he and Nix not have their insignia on their helmets, but most of the officers in the series did?

youtube.com/watch?v=CtwftQUxqpM

Why was he so handsome?

I like to believe that Tiger saw Spiers coming and got the fuck out of his way out of fear

why did they listen to this arrogant jew for so long? at least they got redpilled in the end.

I got really high yesterday and watched an entire hour of roman sewer engineering.

He was the highest of test

They wanted to complete basic training and become paratroopers.

UNAGI

>Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.

What a noob. seriously though that's pretty depressing desu

He was just a dick my man. We all know someone like that.

Have we started the overlord?

>that German arty commander pointing and yelling
every time

And yet none of them who were alive back them thanks to him didn't go to his funeral

CONTRABAND

>oh shit finally
>no wait wrong place

Malarkey, that's slang for BANE? isn't it?

None of them didn't go?

best mini series ever made

It was a small part, for scenes filmed in the UK, makes sense to cast an up-and-coming local

besides he dies in episode 2, so does it really matter?

>its a Dike single handedly saves everyones asses episode

i think because as the war progressed, standard issue helmets only had rank insignia on the back of the helmet, so that the enemy couldn't pick off officers that easy

>yrw he finds his nurse waifus bandana

Loved the charge Winters did at The Island in Holland. Fuck me that guy just went in alone

So how does the Pacific stack up for you guys?

The story is definitely there, just didn't have the same production quality IIRC, it's been a long time.
One of the books it's based on, Helmet for my Pillow, is really damn good.

Ehhh. It's told differently than BoB. Focus on three characters (which i didn't find interesting at all besides Sledge). It didn't captivate me like BoB, but i think it's because the whole tale of BoB is a really amazing one. Their was, pardon my expression, more "run of the mill".

But the Pacific did succeed in showing the brutality of the pacific war. At times I wanted to stop watching because i was disgusted.

meanwhile 3000 people attended the guy who was in charge of handing out candy bars

Thats because thats all the Americans did.

The Pacific theatre is another story, but in Europe, the Americans only invaded, to prevent the Soviets from conquering all of Europe. Germany was already done.

used to fap to that scene all the time.

You didn't like Basilone?

I really enjoyed him, and Sledge's sarge or whatever, the guy in charge of his platoon. And that old fucker that breaks during the fighting. That's all I can really remember of that show, that and Basilone, and the great performance of the marine commander William Sadler. Hard to believe he was the grim reaper in Bill and Ted 2.

>At times I wanted to stop watching because i was disgusted.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bZ2CiACbmM

>But the Pacific did succeed in showing the brutality of the pacific war. At times I wanted to stop watching because i was disgusted.

You're on Sup Forums and you don't watch mexican cartel videos skinning people alive for fun?

Get the fuck out.

There are so many fags on this board
and because of them I thought you were unironically stuttering while typing with that '''D-Day''

fuck sake

Sledge and his story line were the only good things about the series.

Basilone was a one dimensional character.

Lecky was an emo bitch,

there was a bunch of actors in this before they made it big
>Sgt Ford from the walking dead
>scott grimes (steve in american dad)
>even fucking jimmy fallon for a part in bastogne
there was when big cast of b listers and A listers were a thing. remember black hawk down?

not as good but not terrible
jumping around to three different guys didnt make you connect with anybody like you did with BOB, and they wasted time on love stories and personal lives. And every episode was them beating us over the head with PTSD and people killing themselves and going crazy like Europe was a cake walk

>filename

So is the third series about the Air War in Europe still in dev hell?

Literally perfection: The show

I never understood that scene. Why didn't they all go at the same time? Why were they so autistic about having to wait for the smoke?

>you will never be half the man that Dick was

I don't understand Nixon, is he just an administrative guy? He's always around but he just seems to chat with Winters then go off screen again.

Just rewatched Black Hawk Down on Memorial Day. Still can't believe the cast in it.

Also makes me wish Tom Sizemore didn't completely lose his shit.

Grandpa were you a big guy during the war?

He's an intelligence officer. He's meant to relay information to the higher ups.

He's an intel officer or something I think, kind of like NPH in Starship Troopers.