I'm thinking about seeing Conjuring 2 this weekend but I haven't seen the first one, how is it?

I'm thinking about seeing Conjuring 2 this weekend but I haven't seen the first one, how is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RfgtAlpnEf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's horrorkino

james wan is the future

It's actually really good.

it's not very good

almost totally without scares and it felt pretty derivative

the daughter is a pretty great scream queen though

I actually really like Wan's Insidious. It's pretty brainless but as far as it working as a scare machine it's great.

its very scary even for horror fans

Pretty great for horror

6-7/10, probably a 10/10 in comparison to being 1 of the few spooky movies to be released during the Paranormal Activity era

Pretty Good- give it a 7 out of 10

Its like every other ghost based horror film of the last decade. Middle of the road tedium from start to finish.

I've seen it twice and have still forgotten almost everything about it because its just that bland.

I'd say 6-7/10. Does ok with the atmosphere and is fairly decent for a horror movie around that time.
But it's literally riddled with horror cliches and tropes of every fucking kind.
Best way to enjoy it imho is stoned and with a few friends, although that ended pretty comedic in my case. Still had loads of fun.

DUDE

WEED

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, yea.

I mean, do you even REMEMBER the last time you got REALLY scared from a horror movie?
Me neither.
Most are laughable or just pathetic.
That's why we got stoned and made it HILARIOUS!

Japanese horror movies man, something about those japs just makes them inherently scary.

Honestly i thought it was fucking dreadful, probably the worst horror movie i've ever seen.

Watched it at 3am with a bunch of friends too and we all thought it was shit.

Crap, I'm ashamed for forgetting about those.
Then again, they too have some pathetically crappy stuff.
But I agree even at their worst they're... eery.

not scary if you've seen plenty of horror before, just a bunch of jump scares and loud noises. was too overhyped at the time of release.

>"there were priests in the theater with us"
>"scariest movie of all time"
>"we almost walked out bc we were soooo scared"

it's still pretty well made so it's not total garbage when compared to all the other horror trash released in the past few years.

james wan got fucking lucky with his saw short and I'm immensely jelly of his success
it's not bad, it's an alright horror,

yep ringu, i had no idea what it was about i watched it t 3am in a empty house

it's ok ... Insidious was better
he's talented dude .. he knows what he is doing when it comes to the Horror genre

I barely remember the details of any Blum House horror. Insidious, Conjuring, Anabelle and all their sequels get mixed up in my brain. They're really entertaining while you watch them but at the end of the day they're all interchangeable.

when will this meme end? seriously, ive watched most of the recommended jap horrors and theyre not that scary .. They are cool stories, but western horrors are generally scarier to me.

yea, it's just boggling how it all got started off of his saw short
youtube.com/watch?v=RfgtAlpnEf8
this shit got him his big stuff
but I will say, he does know pacing and that's key