Women Director BTFO to Outer Space

Women Director BTFO to Outer Space

>Will Ghibli ever employ a female director? Nishimura fields this question. “It depends on what kind of a film it would be. Unlike live action, with animation we have to simplify the real world. Women tend to be more realistic and manage day-to-day lives very well. Men on the other hand tend to be more idealistic – and fantasy films need that idealistic approach. I don’t think it’s a coincidence men are picked.”

>theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/06/studio-ghibli-yonebayashi-interview-miyazaki

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-17/studio-ghibli-animator-makiko-futaki-passes-away-at-58/.102204
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>idealistic

living in a world were gravity doesn't affect boobs.

It's amazing how japs don't give a fuck

The me there barely even fuck women anymore, hence why they don't have the same power over them.

You shouldn't think this means female directors have been BTFO by the anime industry or something. There are female directors working in anime. Michiko & Hachin, K-On, Tamako Market, Hanayamata, No Game, No Life and Kyousougiga for example were directed by women. The latter two are plenty fantastical. Women also work as storyboarders, writers, episode directors, designers and composers in anime.

Also, Ghibli hasn't made just fantasy movies. Whisper of the Heart, Only Yesterday, When Marnie Was There, Ocean Waves and From Up on Poppy Hill are all dramas or only have minor fantasy elements.

>No Game, No Life
> plenty fantastical

NGNL was garbage. Though, I wouldn't expect more from some Sup Forums faggot that's watched it on CR because he thinks he's helping the anime industry.

Not letting women direct isn't Ghibili's biggest problem

Their problem is not to let anyone other than the two founders direct

There's some misinformation in the article.
>Now Ghibli is facing the hard industry truth: hand-drawn animation is ever more expensive and risky to make, especially not outsourced to cheaper countries. Even Miyazaki has tacitly admitted as much – a short filmmade for the Ghibli museum in Tokyo will be his first in full CGI.
The cost of hand-drawn animation has fallen, if anything. Digital production is so much faster and easier than cel animation. Anime also doesn't get outsourced to foreign countries nearly as much as people think, and the outsourcing is done mostly because of a lack of manpower, and not because it's cheaper.

The number of shows produced has skyrocketed since the 90s, and the production committee and media mix model minimizes the risks of anime production.

Full CG anime is still a rarity, and even amateur/independent anime groups are putting out great looking hand-drawn animation. Miyazaki's decision to make a CG short doesn't mean anything.

I didn't say "fantastic," I said "fantastical."

As much as the old man depict strong independent females In his movies when it comes down to day to day work he has no experience working with female colleagues and will never trust them to take charge.

They didn't interview Miyazaki, and he stopped making feature films in 2013. He also did have experience working with women.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-17/studio-ghibli-animator-makiko-futaki-passes-away-at-58/.102204

It must be nice living in an ethnically homogeneous society with low criminality, no terrorism, and where absolutely no one gives a fuck about political correctness.

That's not quite true. Japan has its own sense of "political correctness." There are things you can't talk about or say, and if there's been some major incident like a natural disaster or a gruesome murder it may mean changes to the schedule or content of TV programs.

The final episode of School Days for example was not aired because:
>On September 17, 2007, the day before the twelfth and final episode of the televised anime was to air on TV Kanagawa, a sixteen-year-old girl murdered her forty-five-year-old father in their Kyoto home with an axe. TV Kanagawa promptly cancelled the Tuesday airing of the finale for its similarly violent content, replacing it instead with a thirty-minute video slideshow of scenery footage played to August Wilhelmj's "Air on the G String".

Well that give us Nice Boat memes.

Yes I was in Sup Forums in 2007, fight me normies.

How is this in any way political correctness?

It's less nice to live in a super aged society

Political correctness doesn't mean exactly the same thing in all times and places.

Typical Japanese non-sense.

Women cant direct for shit, unless its an adaptation of a great script/screenplay where women dont have to add any personal style/themes etc.

There is a reason why Ghibli's films are so good. They show women from the perspective of men.

If Howls castle was directed by a woman, shed throw a tantrum and make some orbiter clean for her, then saving the day with her own magic, which she mary sues.

But the founder's son has directed and did a great job already

Japanese women are not equivalent to American women. Also see: Pic related was directed by a woman. Most of the episodes were storyboarded by women.

They never did. Nice insult though real subtle.

Based