8000+ years have gone by

>8000+ years have gone by
>still in the dark ages

what the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CRepSzkj7FU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=PDdKmx0PW7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're apparently locked there because of the lack of some things in the wolrd, like gunpowder. Of course the material is there, but they can't do it for some reason.
But Westeros IS underveloped, other countrys are far more developed in every single way. That's probably because first men were tree loving bros and past andals the country was constantly in some type of war,

for you

youtube.com/watch?v=CRepSzkj7FU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m14s

Too many atheists around

>winters are several years long

but westeros is besteros and easteros is worsteros

Fucking seriously?

the series is set after a nuclear apocalypse on earth. that's why the seasons are fucked up and magic, giants, dragons and children of the forest exist because of genetic manipulation and nanobots. mark my words.

It's more late middle ages really

This. Everyone would be so much more advanced if everyone accepted the Lord of light as their one and true God

>They're apparently locked there because of the lack of some things in the wolrd, like gunpowder

The night's watch have gunpowder though.

Fuck off Preston

You had me up until nanobots

It also might have something to do with how they banned slaves in Westeros while they're everywhere in the east

Andals were and are nuts.
Only they would run into an extreme desert for fun.

They were advanced at one point. Valyria was basically using some sort of magic-science hybrid to make themselves gods but then a cataclysm happened that they call "the doom" and it wiped them and all their cities off the face of the earth, destroying all the technology they could have shared, or kept, from the rest of the world.

>Not playing Civ on Marathon speed

overhyped show chronology headcanon

breaking bad > (blue sky becomes utopium) > izombie > (zombie apocalypse) > walking dead > (thousands of years) > game of thrones

very original

/f/aggot

It's literally bullshit how backwards their technology is.

But that's not the worst.

What's worst is the complete lack of skillful mages and witches. There are like 2 that are half decent in the entire world.

>not believing anything our lord and saviour Preston "bald autist" Jacobs says

whats wrong with nanobots?

I doubt GRRM would incorporate nanobots
Plus wouldn't the nuclear explosions obliterate any bots

This is the Prince of Thorns theme. Pretty decent fantasy triology.

>years-long winters

How would this work? Most of the rural population in cold areas would die by the end of that first year.

also the premise for Wizards

>That Masonry, Blacksmithing and agriculture
>Dark Ages

nigga, wat

And they do every few generations. That's why the north is so sparsely populated. Only the most useful smallfolk for the nobles could hide in castles and towns with some provisions.

oh hai reddit!

I just refuse to believe winter is that bad.

dargons

It's not like that image of Pepe drinking hot cocoa inside a Heated Wooden Hut

It's death everywhere

special seasons > special fauna. this exists on earth too you know, they dont have the standard 4 season cycle everywhere

that shit actually happened during the late middle ages, google the little ice age

also keep in mind that Valyrians were actually advanced as fuck before their doom, like the real world example of Rome where progress pretty much degraded after the Western part of the empire fell

this is a nice explanation

>It's death everywhere

Bullshit even in middle ages winter did not wipe out entire populations. Sure it's bad maybe for the first year or two but they'll adapt.

And shit people act like Winter lasts 50 years or some shit. Max is like 5. They are in one of the longest summers ever now and it's only been about 10 years of it.

Dragons will do that

How exactly? What do Dragons have against medicine?

it lasts for years not months. imagine how many would die if we didn't get a summer every year for growing crops

>game of thrones is literally a Fallout/Elder Scrolls crossover

where does it say that?

Crops? There are about 10 farmers in all of Westeros. Sure it lasts years but nope, they act like it's the black death but it's just winter. Things get a little cold. You still have fire and houses and can still make food.

last number of your post determines youre penis size

How long does it took us to reach current level of progress? Our specie've been on earth for 40k years now.

hoping for a 9

nice 0

roll

crops dont grow under snow.
10 farmers? are you retarded

i love game of thrones haha stark lannis lol!

but actually we should just not post on this racist shitlord forum and stay on reddit the discussion is way better

Anything on reddit is better than this shitposting

Magic disappeared from the world when the dragons died out.

>crops dont grow under snow.

Some do actually. You can grow corn in snow. And all sorts of grass.

btfo

rowling

there are a few more people who have studied magic but have no idea it suddenly works now as opposed to when they studied it such as maester luwin tho he is dead of course

enough to feed all the already malnourished peasants?

What's so unusual about that? No, I mean really, we live in an era of unsurpassed technological advancement that began, roughly, with James Watt's steam engine. But that was less than 300 years ago. The oldest cities in the world, such as Jericho in the West Bank, have been there for nearly 9000 years, and you would probably see little visible difference if you were to be able to go back to the very beginning and skip forward 1000 years at a time - until the most recent jump. You've been conditioned to be used to rapid growth and advancement, but that's really a very unusual circumstance in human history.

we don't have 40k years of recorded history and civilization though

Fuck peasants, nobody cares about peasants. Wildlings are numerous and in winter all year they survive.

That's why the maesters poisoned the dragons. It's because they're tied to magic and magic has retarded Westeros' progress both technologically and politically. "The world the maesters are building has no place for dragons."

It's not in the fucking dark ages. The technology is from the 15th century and places like Bravos have renaissance things like banking and literature.

Rolling

Neither have westerosi people.

and humans hunted mammoths once, if we were plunged into an iceage where the ice covered all the way south to Spain would you survive? would civilisation?

they breed like rabbits during spring and summer and most die off during winter

Does it snow in Dorne/Reach?

Advancement is exponential, m8.
Dark Ages - Medieval - Renaissance did feature very significant change, most tellingly in agriculture, construction, naval advancement and forging, but the changes were usually slow to implement due to limited travel, communication and transport.

For example, compare Harold Godwinson's armour to that of Henry VIII.

Point is that the dark ages are the only time in history which featured true stagnation/regression, and even that is a leery claim.

>would civilisation?

Of course. Humans survived the Ice Age.

He's a crazy mother fucker, but he's the only one bringing anything new (and entertaining) to the game of thrones discussion.

Arya is good enough I guess
Thanks

that and dragons are military power and the maesters prefer to control from behind the scenes. its why they also got rid of all the Targs and tried to join all the major houses through marriage except the Targs leading to Roberts rebellion

slag

just

Wasn't there a Nerd Writer video on this?

I mean, I don't like the nerd writers videos, but I feel like I've seen this discussed elsewhere recently but I can't put my finger on where.

thats the species not their civilisations. if all of europe and north america was under ice no more West i.e our civilisation = dead

You guys keep saying dragons and magic held progress back but there are no good magicians left at all.

Why the fuck did I get another 0. Rerrolling again.

no but it gets colder, in season 1 Robert even says the north gets summer snows

magic died with the last of the dragons and came back start of season 2 with Danny's dragons

>magic died with the last of the dragons

That's just stupid.

agreed, but maybe fatman will come up with a satisfactory explanation for this.

yea nah hes gonna keel over before he even finishes the next book.

thats what the books & show said. it is after all fantasy

Its high noon baby

its a fucking fantasy show you nerds. stop expecting it to make sense

So why doesn't everyone from the north migrates to Dorne so they don't starve or freeze to death?

Long winters + Dragons = No progress.

Fuck right off

hai der anonimus postah

i name is dabid benyiof an i be writah game of frones hit tv seryeis

ur idees r very intraguing 2 me n i wuld liek 2 maek u hed writah

It's probably because they're in a repeating pattern a la the matrix. The white walkers are the machines and they cut down the human race, back off, allow them to prosper and rinse and repeat.

>5 billion years have gone by
>still no FTL travel

what the fuck, Terrans?

Slavery actually holds development back. You don't need to think about work that much if there are people doing it for you for free. As you have to do something hard yourself or need to pay someone for that, then you start thinking hard to make it easier and faster

This show had that exact theme

Humans and elves fight orcs and demons in burned out modern ruins was way lamer than it sounds in text, too.

Muslims = no progress

don't forget shannarra

Actually this kinda makes sense. The reason summer was so long was because craster was feeding the walkers fresh babies

>2016
>still in a complete and utter age of ignorance while the computer, the Earth's current largest library ever, exists and is basically able to be used by 95% of the people on the planet
>even our leaders are still largely corrupt, selfish ignoramuses who react rather than act and kill rather than solve
literally gay

why doesn't everyone from africa/mexico migrate to europe/america.... there is such a thing as culture Dorne isn't The North and even if they did dont you think someone would try to stop them, say at the neck? assuming they could gather the food needed to travel instead of digging in and hoping for the best

Because Westeros is actually Hell