Let's make comparisons between film directors and music artists

Let's make comparisons between film directors and music artists.

Jean-Luc Godard is Lou Reed
Brian DePalma is AC/DC
Stanley Kubrick is Radiohead
Martin Scorsese is The Clash

Who is The Beatles of film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Godard is Schönberg
Bresson is Bach
Tarkovsky is Feldman

Quentin Tarantino is Kanye West

>Godard is Schoenberg
I can see this.

>Bresson is Bach
The only thing relevant here is religious fervor. Baroque excess runs completely counter to Bressons sensibilities. Bresson is much closer to someone like Arvo Pärt. You can shove any notion of "old master" up your ass, this is about music.

>Tarkovsky is Feldman
What the fuck man.

>made some great stuff at the start of his career and is now riding on that goodwill while making disposable tripe
Apt comparison

They're both black males...
youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU

Lets not.

What's wrong with the Tarkovsky comparison? Arguably there's more suitable slow cinema directors but they're both progenitors of their style

Sup Forums crossposting sucks because everyone has such fucking shitty youth-culture tastes.

Werner Herzog is The Pixies

Autistic as fuck.

I know you are, but what am I?

Godard is Xennakis

Disregard that, Straub-Huillet are Xenakis

>Tarkovsky is Feldman
youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM

true

>Who is The Beatles?
James Cameron

Rob Zombie is Rob Zombie

Best shout on this
Definitive list coming through
Kaufman = MF DOOM
PTA = Mac DeMarco
Coppola = Rolling Stones
Spielberg = Beach Boys/Fleetwood Mac
Lynch = Grimes
Spike Jonze = Strokes
Terry Gilliam = Pink Floyd
Lars Von Trier = Death Grips
Gaspar Noé = Battles
Lindsay Anderson = The Pogues

Wow you have absolutely shit taste in both music and film.

>Rolling Stones
>Pink Floyd
>Strokes
>GOAT level
>"shit"

Hi dad

If you can't appreciate the names on that list theres only one solution
stick to capeshit you shitposter

Literally the only directors you named that aren't fedora Reddit shit are Lynch and Anderson

The Beatles were better at music than any director is at movies. The director would have to gross above 500 mill on every movie, have 8 number #1 movies (albums), be loved worldwide. Change the way movies are made forever, influence every director after them. It's just not doable.

Ooh, Lindsay Anderson is what I meant obviously. PTA is definitive fedora Reddit shit.

>influence every director after them.
The Beatles didn't do that. And many directors have comparable influence. Godard, Welles, etc

>The director would have to gross above 500 mill on every movie, have 8 number #1 movies (albums), be loved worldwide. Change the way movies are made forever, influence every director after them. It's just not doable.

Ohhh shit

It's not a list of the best directors I know you fucking arse bandit, its famous directors who are slightly comparable to famous musicians. But I have to explicitly tell only you, because your mummy likely couldn't say no to a couple of bevvies down the local when you were a foetus. So you grew up a little bit on the downside, an awkward conversation topic of your parents. Once the basic spelling tests were being failed even when you turned 9 their fears were confirmed, in the most utterly clear and overt way, almost as obvious as my original post was.

>its famous directors who are slightly comparable to famous musicians
Are you stupid? I was responding to someone who flamed me for not liking their films. Fuck dude, learn to read yourself before you go on cringe-inducing tirades.

This is fucking stupid but probably Stephen Spielberg.

>Who is The Beatles of film?
I think Spielberg is the obvious choice.

Michael Mann is Kraftwerk. Cold, technical, and methodical, but oozing with style.

>I think Spielberg is the obvious choice.
No. It's obviously someone like Hawks or Wilder. They're much more influential than Spielberg, whose style is mostly limited to Hollywood blockbuster. The Beatles, like Wilder and Hawks did for popular film, influenced all aspect of popular music.

w2c shades ??

Lars von trier isn't complete shit though and Death Grips is

"no"