The chance of ever getting a unique Star Wars movie is over. Thanks Disney

comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_wars/is-disney-reshooting-as-much-as-50-of-rogue-one-a-star-a142418

Why does the percentage keep going up?

Are they really reshooting 70% of the movie?

>tfw we almost got a dark movie like Empire again that wasn't a rehash of New Hope
>tfw Disney isn't re-releasing the original theatrical trilogy ever
>tfw no hope for this franchise ever

They better not get rid of qt Felicity Jones, she's the only reason I'll see this flick.

I've heard they're now reshooting 110% of the movie

>not enough quips,
>not funny enough,
>not XD enough,
>female empowerment not emphasized enough
>white men not demonised enough
>POC not brave, heroic or powerful enough

oh boy.. I surely cannot wait for this tour de force

I heard they're replacing all the men with people who identify as women.

Did the protagonist actually have difficulties doing things in the first cut?

>new director
That was already debunked by the "new director". People really get off on making shit these days.

Who cares. I dropped the franchise when I saw boyega I'm the trailer for the force awakens

>I'm the trailer for the force awakens
well you should know you're shit then

Reshoots always mean the movie is going to be a disjointed mess. Even if it ends up being an okay movie it's going to have a lot of problems. It's going to make a billion dollars so they should just scrap it and redo the entire thing.

Reminder this was announced here back in march
Reminder there are studio shills/workers here

I liked the part where they try to discredit a source that cited its sources by using sources they never cite. Come on, people. This movie is getting some stuff reshot but not most of the film. Who cares anyway? Star Wars is dead to us, remember.

Unless he has an alibi 10 miles long, he hasn't debunked shit, idiot.

a female lead is unique.

>Marvel does good in his first phase.
>Disney buys it and turns it into crap.
>Disney buys Lucasfilms
>Repeat
You didn't do something about it, this is your fault.

Except Edwards said he's not working on the film.

>swn nibble your earlobe
;_;

Remember when they wanted to get this out by May? We should have been worried when they pushed it back to December. Makes sense now that we know they need to reshoot 150% of the movie.

That was Episode VIII. This has always been scheduled for December.

iRebel

70%? why would Disney want to re-shoot 95% of the movie?

OY VEY!

>This is a rebellion isn't it? *puts on terrible British accent* iRebel

Shouldn't leave your laptop on old leather handbags. Could overheat.

rouge one is going to be shot for shot 'empire strikes back'
with the rebels winning in the end and the empire seemingly loosing (losing the death star plans to the rebels)

She's literally English. And please fuck off with the 'British accent' thing

It's probably just going to end with Vader taking a shuttle to his Star Destroyer and saying something like I'll just do it myself.

but she's a Brit...

i honestly think it's time all you people realize Star Wars is now a Disney product. they will all from now on be Disney movies. once you let that digest, you'll be less disappointed in the end product. yeah, there was almost a decent Edwards flick (i'm one of the few here who really liked his Godzilla and Monsters), but that's not going to happen. when Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney, i tempered all expectation. i still may enjoy the products, but let's be honest with ourselves, Disney is primarily in the business of kids movies, kids amusement parks, and kids merchandise. repeating that these movies are not primarily for kids (and the young at heart) is doing a disservice.

plus wtf is up with these bs figures blogs keep on posting about the percentage being reshot?

>chinese martial arts masters will fight vader
>vader won't slaughter them in a few seconds
>one of them will land a few good blows to get the audience cheering
>Kenobi will be a worse swordsman than some no-name

Thanks Disney.

I don't understand why most anons don't get Star Wars is pulp sci-fi/fantasy primarily for children. It always has been and always will be.

Bloggers need clicks so they can afford more Star Wars toys.

I just hope they keep the original cut if only for a dvd thing.

If there is a single fucking Jedi in this movie aside from Palp and Vader than its a piece of shit

This is the future you chose. Disney has a formula, and as long as you keep paying for it, they won't change it.

Enjoy your Disney formulaic soulless flicks for the next decade or so.

There's no reason Yoda or Obi-Wan should be in it. The cartoon Jedi will never ever, ever make it into films.

Did the SJW movement fuck up another thing?

i just want her to say YES SIR to me once

>implying we're not the age of DisneyKino

HAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK

Disney have entierely fucked up this movie... fucked it up where Rogue One doesnt exist anymore. All the trailers we saw are not canon.

Fuck you Disney

Place your bets, ladies and folks! Which one will be the bigger Mary Sue, Rey or RO lead?

Shit! They're re-shooting the re-shot footage?

Did they really need to make a movie about the episode IV crawl?

But reshoots when in 5 months they have to have the movie shipped to every cinema...

Good luck you pieces of shits at Disney. I hope your computers crash and you lose all the footage from these reshoots!

The dark non comedic cut was perfect with Vader slaughtering everyone at end and you fucked it up

I think the plan was to anchor the movie on Vader, the number 1 selling character from Star Wars.

Pretty much this. Faggots that want Rey to lose a hand need to realize it won't happen with Disney in charge.

Re-shoot-ception xD xD xD

Gooooooood....gooooooood! Heh, heh, heh, heh!

Soon people will see the shit Disney has been putting out with Star Wars. No longer blinded by hype and nostalgia, they will realize the rehashed garbage they were spoonfed with Force Awakens, and they will bite the hand that once fed them.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

>Is Disney Reshooting As Much As 50% Of ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY?
Oh, that's going to be a big fucking "no," because you phrased your headline as a question, telling the world that you're full of shit. If Disney was reshooting 50 percent of Rogue One, you wouldn't put a question mark in the headline; you'd say "Disney is reshooting half of Rogue One."

Whenever a headline phrases as wild claim as a question, it's bullshit.
>Is this the cure for cancer?
No, because if it was, the headline would be "CURE FOR CANCER FOUND."

Ira Belle probably dies at the end so, Rey.

I want Rey to go to the dark side but yea Disney is pleb

they cannot remake the ot without giving money to Fox because they hold distribution rights to ANH which is why they did a spiritual succesor type of deal, which is also why you'll never see the ot as they were in 70s and 80s.

Everything Disney is currently doing is soft padding the eu around their movies and advertising through merchandise and action figures which is the big business as Lucas figured out so they're just continuing the Lucas model, honestly. Lucas just had a fascination with expanding technology same reason for ILM and all the other shit he did. They have the old execs on dvd extras that laughed at Lucas when all he wanted was merchandising rights. Their faces are pure gold in those from special editions where they go into starwars history around movie releases.

Starwars is all about grabbing as many kids as they can, kind of like cigarettes, grab them early enough and you'll have a built in audience. Children then as parents.

Not enough gurl power or too much?

Spoiler alert: Ira Belle's ship blows up at the end and we do not see her die... just the ship blowing in distance.

Sounds so unsatisfying but yeah.

Why the fuck isn't jj Abrams doing this one????

Is he doing the next one?

Fincher should get the next trilogy all to himself.

JUST REMAKE THE PREQUELS

well if the director didnt want to reshoot his original bisionthen all he had to do is saying to those studio suits "im not going to compromise my integrity and original vision, I REBEL!!!"

I Re-shoot

>things that will never happen

Best you'll ever get is a spiritual successor style movie.

No. For VIII he's just the producer.

If Disney EVER buy all the rights to Fantastic Four, Deadpool and X Men, I am going to lose my fucking shit

The leak already confirmed the movie is being heavily reshot.

Also everyone dies at the end of the movie, destroyed just as they beam the Death Star plans to the Tantive IV.

No, Rian Johnson and doing 8 and the fags who did Jurassic World are doing 9.

faggot, star wars is western kino

you just don't get it

I believe it.

The Death Star is built with a flaw in the exhaust port on purpose. The father of the stupid main girl designed it that way.

Thanks Disney.

Yeah, I just don't get it.

>Star Wars creator George Lucas stated that he feels there is a section of the fanbase who get upset with aspects of Star Wars because "the movies are for children but they don't want to admit that...

This is a shooting, right?

No. They're using the same model as Marvel movies, where it's already a guaranteed success from the name. Why not let a rookie director handle it so he's got a successful title under his belt?

>style
>consistency between movies
Neither of those is money.

I don't like much of what jj Abrams has done but I really enjoyed force awakens.

I'm a complete star wars casual tho to be honest family

That makes too much damn sense.

Does Star Wars have the most toxic fanbase ever?

yeah, cause fox is doing a great job with F4 right now....

See
Yes everyone dies BUT not by vader which fucking sucks.

FUCK YOU DISNEY

>Can we make memes with FUCK YOU DISNEY all over the place?

Didn't Fantastic Four default back to them?

And the fact that directors would charge more to direct a sequel once the first movie is huge

JJ is a competent action flick director regardless of what user thinks on here. He just rewrote episode IV and peppered in some themes from other episodes. It's really disappointing that he thought he had to reintroduce the franchise to fans who grew up with the films. My guess is Disney wanted it like that because they want to break into the ex-commie markets that didn't grow up with it.

George stopped using the internet because of how much he was flamed by fans. Does that answer your question? I like Star Wars but not enough to allow it to make me angry.

>My guess is Disney wanted it like that because they want to break into the ex-commie markets that didn't grow up with it.
You're right on this and this formula actually worked out pretty well for them.

she looks disgusting in 50% of pictures

>wanting to see the prequels remade where Anakin never kills any younglings, Darth Maul never gets chopped in half, no one ever dies in the pod race, Anakin never massacres anyone during his path to the dark side

Just why would you Disney to remake the prequels?

I would rather wait 20 years and hope Disney makes the prequels non cannon and a deal is settled where an outsider director and company have all the rights to the prequels (not allowed to use the word Vader, change the spelling of some of the characters names) and then they make a Hard R Rated cut of the film, showing Anakin's dark side heaps more violent.

JJ doesn't know shit from mud.

I hope they let Rian get weird with the next one.

The fuck are you guys on about? It's East Asian that didn't grew up with it. All of Europe pretty much got to grow up with Star Wars, including commie lands.

It probably will happen. There were five MCU characters that got their hand chop.

No its still Fox.

And yet he consistently puts out blockbusters. He is Spielberg reborn.

And you're why Star Wars fans are the worst people on this planet.

JOHNSON
WE NEED MORE QUIPS

>looks disgusting in 50% of pictures
>they're reshooting 50% of the movie

75% qtness confirmed.

They want homogeneity. That's ALWAYS been part of Disneys core philosophy. Going back to Walt and his housing developments, the paragon of 50s homogenization. Disney is a fascist corporation. All of their works are fascist propaganda. It's always been so, always will be so.

it flopped hard in china and russia though. Which is ironic you would say that.

Even a tame movie as Empire Strikes Back wouldn't be made today because as you saw the Empire was beating the Rebellions ass and even the victory at the end was phyrric, the people running this franchise do not understand it at all. They understand how to make disneyshit which is what The Force Awakens was. It was a lightly skinned Disney movie.

I don't think people realize but the old EU had a lot of failures because people were trying different things and trying to fit different things into the starwars mold and universe.

Disney is risk averse and these two things need to meet so one has to give.

>And yet he consistently puts out blockbusters. He is Spielberg reborn.

His movies are garbage. Michael Bay puts out blockbusters too, that doesn't make him good. That just means he knows how to hit up stupid people for money.

I said he was a competent director. I never said he wrote good movies.

Well the actors had said the movie is taking a different take. Daisy said herself she wasn't so sure how the audience will feel about Rey's characterization at the end.