Doctor Who General - /who/

The Actual Happy Birthday Colin Baker Edition

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfgjC2LJ3UI
doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-explains-doctors-timey-tomb-62195.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, best Six media?

Personally, I think the books are underrated.

I'm sorry.

Bit of a clusterfuck, innit?

Yes it is.

Both the /who/ threads and River's timeline

TV: Revelation of the Daleks.
Ear: don't listen to them so I'll say Slipback.

She can pee on my cock any day hehehehehehehehhehehhehheheheh Get it? Peacock = pee on my cock
Fuck I'm clever

Why do you like Revelations? It barely shows the Doctor, although I will admit the "consumer resistance" joke is genius.

That look in her eyes..

Time for best Six (that isn't Six) audio:

closest i ever got to BF

youtube.com/watch?v=hfgjC2LJ3UI

You just know that they were best of friends.

>Copy this code

Captscha is getting weirder.

We need another Small Beginnings audio. I liked the last ones.

Come on, there have to be some Sixie fans out there!

>right now, the painter from Korea might be painting the next masterpiece of 12 and Bill

I never saw much in Saward's writing, then saw this again recently, years after the first time I saw it. It works. It's so sophisticated, apart from the snobbish Orcini stuff which Saward apparently means on some level but which is recuperable as camp. The production is excellent. Alexei Sayle is the show's first glimmering of hipness, an element which, like the humour, blossoms in the following era. The inappropriateness and indifference to the format is such a 'take this job and shove it' gesture from Saward that it's odd that he stayed on the show for so long after this.

Maybe I need to give the episode a rewatch.

>It's a Barry Letts episode

Which is your current favourite Sixie story?

Hmm. Right now, I'd have to say either Jubilee, or the Quantum Archangel book (for adding depth to Mel and Six's relationship.)

I should watch more Sixie TV eps, actually.

I guess big finish is mandatory for 6? I'm nearly done with 4 and found some good ear stories but would rather just watch the show the whole time rather than listen in between.

Basically. The books might work as well.

>mandatory
You could just skip straight to the brink of death.
Everything else besides Piscon Paradox doesn't matter

>when the words "doctor who" appear in a headline but it's not about the show

TV - Vengeance on Varos, it's scarily plausible (and, iirc, was written before reality TV really existed?)

Audio - The Marian Conpiracy's one of the all time best companion introductions, and Evelyn > Peri any day.

Book - only read Players from that 50th set, so I guess that'll be it by default. Though Millennial Rites looks really interesting.

Comics - Voyager, with honorary mention for that graphic novel Colin wrote himself.

> when you see one of those headlines you know is from a fictitious 'headwarming' bit of propaganda

>'headwarming'
What?

I meant to put 'heartwarming', but I was distracted.

What's heartwarming about a doctor recommending abortion? Granted, it's what any responsible doctor would do since tards shouldn't be allowed to be born.

Has Colin ever told us what his favourite pie filling is?

The 'heartwarming' part is the letter which is obviously going to be most of the story, which will just be this completely specious, sentimental rant for stupid people to share on Facebook.

Great work by RamonSalamander, thanks user!

which one of you was this

Well, that's it. I have now seen every Pertwee serial, barring The Five Doctors.

I will miss him. Planet of the Spiders was pretty decent. I like how episode 2 was pretty much "Jon's leaving, so let's give him a big chase sequence in as many vehicles as the BBC can afford."

I'll miss Jon, I'll miss UNIT. 3's was a very strong, consistent era. Now to continue my journey through 4's era (I watched from Robot up to Pyramids of Mars, yes I'm watching somewhat out of order.)

Pretty good story but I found it a bit hard to follow than tv. Also Nick Briggs's Cybermen sound like Daleks pretending to be Cybermen.

But have you seen Dimensions in Time?

>hard to follow
Yeah I felt this at times. Audio stories require more attention, or rather a different kind of attention. I listen to them before I go to sleep, in the dark in bed. I find this helps me concentrate solely on the story.

No, I'm going to watch it eventually but I'm not sure when I will. I'll eventually end up watching noncanon things just for more Who, but there's plenty Who before I do

> Dimensions in Time
> noncanon

I hope I've misunderstood you.

Nope, they've impugned the honor of Big Ron.

As they are not Sontarans, they cannot impugn his honour.

It gets even crazier when you realize that River is also Mel from the JNT era.

Do you ever take a moment to just sit back and think

i LOVE doctor who

I fucking hate Doctor Who and I say this as a true fan.

I mean, I love certain parts. Mostly McCoy, Eccleston and noncanon 90's material.

>>Copy this code
>Captscha is getting weirder.
That's actually be around for a long time, lucky it doesn't happen often.

Just use legacy captcha, 90% of the time you only need to type three digits

the comics, hands down. too bad they're overshadowed by big finish in the fandom

Yeah, I'm usually too lazy to change the settings unless I'm posting more frequently like when there are actually things to discuss.

I remember when the first introduced the new captcha they said most of the time you don't even need to do anything, and for a while you didn't. I think it was something like google used the cursor movements to determine if you were a bot or not, and if it thought you were it would give you a captcha otherwise it just accepted it and you were done.

What if I put sweetcorn under my foreskin, though?

Shit, wrong tab!

The Holy Terror is my personal favourite Sixie story.

/who/, the time has come. Now,
DETONATE
THE REALITY
BOMB!!!!!!!!!

Millenial Rites was rather good, I thought. Though it has been something like four years since I read it, I might have worn rose-tinted glasses at the time.

I also liked the "original" regeneration episode "Spiral Scratch". All the Sixth Doctors of the multiverse unite to stop a common thread (interdimenional fish, but w/e)

Then there's the Time of Your Life/Killing Ground duology, that is unbelievably gory at times and reads more like a Punisher Max issue than DW, but it did the whole "absolutely useless companion" shtick first and better than Adam in the new series. Also features horrific scenes of someone voluntarily undergoing cyber conversion to record the process for posterity with a dark twist at the end.

As for Audios, I'm overly fond of the "Return of Jamie" Trilogy "CIty of Spires", "Wreck of the Titan" and "Legend of the Cybermen".

Comics and audios.

Nothing is mandatory. Watch/listen/read whatever you like and skip/ignore whatever you don't.

Sure but I'm just trying to watch the show in order and have a good time. Apparently 6 is unwatchable to anyone that's not obsessed. I've heard that there's some sort of character development in the big finish stuff and also a sort of salvaging of his death that might make it less of a shit time.

I don't get this meme. Which story is it from?

Series 4 finale.

Journey's End.

The only BF I've been listening to in order is McGann. I've been jumping back and forth with the other guys and I don't feel that I've missed out on anything in the way of character development.

The whole Name Of The Doctor timeline was erased when Clara changed the future in Time Of The Doctor. In that timeline there was no Capaldi, hence River really thought he was going to die there.

Now that brings up another question: if there was no Capaldi, who the hell brought River to Darillium in the aborted timeline? You'll have to ask a better man than me.

No wonder I didn't remember it. I must have blanked it from my mind.

It's 2016 and you are watching Classic Who, you are already obsessed.

>The whole Name Of The Doctor timeline was erased when Clara changed the future in Time Of The Doctor.
no it wasn't

doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-explains-doctors-timey-tomb-62195.htm

When I was little I thought that the reason there were different Dr Whos was that he was like a GP and when he went away, they got in another Dr to cover for him.

That's pretty much it.

I suppose it is now that I think about it.

What's GP?

General practitioner.

It's not. I rused you.

But it kinda is. One Dr Who goes away, another Dr Who comes in to replace him.

>Dooming your child to live with disability and gloating in mail
Am I supposed to be heartwarmed?

It's just another example of the lengths some females will go to to seek victim points and attention.

Eh, down's isn't as bad as it used to be. They've nailed down the low IQ and fucked up eyes to thyroid problems, so they'll never be sub-functional again.

There's different levels of potatoness. Some are actually reasonably normal and able to perform useful functions but others are good for nothing more than licking windows.

that's what I'm saying. They get their thyroid levels right, no more window-lickers.

More doctor who fans no matter what though

I don't see the point desu. I'd rather just abort and hope for better luck next time.

Pregnancy hormones are pretty hard to fight.

And since we're all about "what feels right is right" these days, pregancy hormones are going to trump any sort of logical/rational argument.

But hey, free sub-class.

>Pregnancy hormones are pretty hard to fight.
I'm twice the size of her so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

>But hey, free sub-class.
Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who does not feel pain?

I cringed so hard that my arsehole nearly turned inside out. Shit like this is the reason I keep my Doctor Who fan status under my hat. I do not want to attract nor be associated with autists like those.

>I don't want to have fun with people who like what I do

If you could get any writer to write an episode of doctor who, who would you get?
[Spoiler]I would kill for grrm to write an episode but the fat man doesn't have enough life left in him to finish his own work[/spoiler]

>doesn't know how to have fun without making himself a social pariah

I'd love Ben Aaronovitch back. His two McCoy stories are some of my favourites from the era. As for writers who haven't already written for the show, I think Clive Barker could come up with something good.

[Spoiler]I would want George R. R. Martin to pen an episode of Doctor Who[/spoiler]

JJ Abrams. Moffat is trying to be him anyway, why not bring in original?

I don't really know any British writers outside of DW roster.

There's no reason they should have to be British. Surely they've had foreigners write for the show before?

>grrm sci fi
>the doctor having to deal with telepathic tree wizards and mutant humans
Could be cool

>Also Nick Briggs's Cybermen sound like Daleks pretending to be Cybermen.
That's how the original Cybermen sound mate.

Nick Briggs has done the cyberman voices for TV DW since 2006

Audios have GOAT stories, and gave his Doctor the long life he deserved. Even at their worst, Colin always gives everything to his performance and elevates the scripts.
Has anyone read the comic written by Colin retconning Mindwarp with Frobisher in it ?

I'm going to be bitterly disappointed if, when it comes to the story that elaborates on Missy's "idea" she had with the daleks, they don't call it "The Master's Dalek Plan".

>when it comes to the story that elaborates on Missy's "idea" she had with the daleks
There's going to be no such episode.