Dun goofed

kotaku.com/scarlett-johansson-spotted-in-ghost-in-the-shell-costum-1781235815?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29

Hilarious photos

"Until now, we haven’t gotten that good of a look at Scarlett Johansson in the upcomingGhost in the Shellfilm. Theonly releasedpublicity still is a profile shot, so it’s hard to see how she’ll pull off augmented-cybernetic human Motoko Kusanagi."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs
youtube.com/watch?v=jUl9MHYWKoE
youtube.com/watch?v=lrEnQjsnes4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JUST

Looks ok, Major isn't supposed to be buff

WTF this faggot play Batou????
>fucking up Euron
>now fucking up Batou

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how fucking hard is it to just cast vin diesel for fucks sake

Buahahahahahahahhahhhahaahaah
Terrible.

why didn't this nigga lift?

I am here to make weebs cry

youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

Also isnt he genuinly grey/old¿

How could he open a door?

scarjo sure looks like a dude in this pic

they both look appropriate.

close enough

>fucking up Euron
>why not fucking up Batou too?

I don't think trying to pull of Motoko's hairstyle worked out. I wonder if they'll give Togusa his mullet.

what in le fug

>all the fans don't like this design
so they are relying on non fans to enjoy this right?

has her hair been styled or is it a wig?

LETS MURDER 'EM LADS

I really hate that when the bring things to live action they try go some edgy route, which means instead of a white jacket, they'll give him a grey jacket. Shit like that.. WHY??

weebs on suicide watch

Batou is going to have his augmented eyes, right?

she doesn't look like that in the film

True but then about the casting choice: I have no problem with it at all! We all know the Japanese characters are not Asian nor resemble Asians.

This guy also reminds me a bit of Ewan McGreggor so it shall be very fun

Absolutely atrocious.

I'm 31 years old and hate anime.

Should I watch Ghost in the Shell? Will it change my opinion that anime is utter shit?

No.

well it is good but you shouldn't stop thinking anime is generally shit.

BIG COCK

it's alright, it was from before animus got really stupid

Most anime is utter shit. Some anime is okay. Maybe 1% is actually good stuff. Even if you watch something you think is good and want to check out more, you'll only get disappointed.

The GitS films are shit. The series is okay.

Do you like The Matrix? Blade Runner? Would you watch a well made feature length animated movie in a similar vein? Ghost in the Shell is a good movie sans regard to which country it comes from. But if you're not into the kind of niche story it presents then give it a pass.

Fuck no dude

Yes watch it. First 20 minutes is very based
youtube.com/watch?v=jUl9MHYWKoE

Like your any "action sci fi flick"

At least link to archive.org not the fucking kotaku here you fucking dipshit faggot.

all I know about ghost in a shell is that playstation 1 demo of a game called that where you would roll into a ball or some shit, it was like metroid but 3D n shit.

B O X O F F I C E B O M B

Watch Gundam 00

Where the fuck are his cyborg eyes?

it's to cover up continuity errors, nothing more

Why people even consider ScarJo beautiful? She looks like a cow.

wtf is wrong with the jewish people, why do they keep casting obvious shit into such roles. he's good at playing redneck trailer scum or a pedo victim, but this is over his fucking non-existent range

>blocked in your country

But I'm an American! You can't do this to me!

More like ScarMoo amirite

this
White shit gets so fucking dirty but they could always cgi the jacket white

I don't like anime, but it is one of a handful that I can appreciate.

Ghost in the Shell
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Fist of the North Star
Ninja Assassin

These are the only ones I consider good. The rest is crap.

They'll add it in post prod

Lead is japanese

Batou's white jacket was stylish as all fuck, shame about it looking worse here.

But overall it's not that bad, kek. It's like you fucking idiots seriously expected them to do a good job at bringing GitS to live action, which is hilarious.

>sees a set pic in which they're not yet filming
i dunno nigga you tell me

would be a better batou

What the fuck are you doing to get so dirty all the time? Wash your clothes.

Those are all the ones that the Sci-fi channel aired in the 1990s.

They filmed in Hong Kong, looks cool

youtube.com/watch?v=lrEnQjsnes4

I wouldn't know. These are the only ones that I have watched and liked over the years on VHS or DVD.

just why

Why not make it into a lbgt movie as well.

Is that why grey is here?

>What the fuck are you doing to get so dirty all the time?
I work. Getting dirt out is harder than getting cheeto powder out.

HAIRCUT LOOKS SHIT, BICH LOOKS LIKE A LABRADOR RETRIEVER

MAYBE ITS JUST THE WIND OR SOMETHING

she looks derpy as fuck

looks ok

no augmented eyes...

This looks so fucking bad on every possible level. Mamoru Oshii only got to make 3 relatively low-budget live-action movies but this manages to get made. The universe hates good movies.

Spoilers:

She's not Motoko, she's one of the human templates they based Motoko on (MK will be a fully CGI being. She'll be part-asian too in looks).

Scarlett's character is the only one of the templates to survive after the bad guys try to shut down the project. She "saves" MK and acts as a mentor/mother to her as she develops her own sense of self and identity.

>Takes place in Japan
>Filmed in China
Welp, this is turning into DBZ movie levels of dumb.

Can't be worse than the anime movie.

shit's so retarded expensive in japan it'd be impossible to film there

That sounds absolutely awful and giving her a strong identiy will kill the premise of the major being a 'ghost' with no identity outside of what she is in the moment.

good post. I know we don't say this enough but from everyone on Sup Forums, please keep up the good work. You're truly a credit to this board.

>MK will be a fully CGI being
c'mon now.

surely you aren't implying they are making a CG asian actor instead of just getting an asian actor

If she isn't Motoko, then why is Batou around

Nice bait.

The locations in the original movie were based on Hong Kong either way.

A-are they going to cgi his robot eyes into his face later?

Everything in the GiTS movie setting was based off Hong Kong, down to the beer everyone drank

Scarjo looks legitimately autistic in this picture. It's like she's doing a CWC impression.

>Arise was nostalgia pandering shit
>this will without a doubt be shit
>Shirow is too busy drawing oily girls and living off of royalties to give a fuck about anything else
Time to let GitS die folks. It was nice while it lasted. Let's give Dominion and Appleseed a chance now.

that's some horrible posture, costumes, and haircut

Not Batou. They gave part of the looks of the character to an original character made for the movie.

that jew nose, how fitting

Just set her cyberbrain to autistic mode.

>CWC
what

Enjoy these last few moments of peace as others begin to bombard you about a very autistic man.

I hope this is bait

I shit facts. That's what I do do.

Holy shit it's chris chan isn't it.
I'm retarded, sorry.

lol no they won't

he'll probably have sunglasses that "resemble" and are homage to the anime because "it just doesn't LE work in live action".

Am I the only one who can't take Scarlett seriously in action roles? I don't know exactly what it is about her but something always throws me off about her compared to her in LiT for example.

Yeah, probably.

>dem costumes
Have these niggers never seen a cyberpunk movie before?

I thought that this was meant to be a film adaptation of the Tomb Raider reboot at first, looks a hell of a lot more like her than Kusanagi.

There are alot of Muslims in the future

I can dig it until she starts raising her voice. Whenever she yells she sounds like she has down syndrome.

are they going for the refugee arc of GITS SAC 2nd gig?

what is the source material for this movie?