City

>City
>Interesting facts about your city

Mexico City
My city was the capital of the Aztec Empire, it was a huge city in the middle of a lake. The lake was drained by the orders of the King of Spain.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_continuously_inhabited_cities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was a bro, prank

My city was once the capital of Portugal.

how did they drain the lake?

Atlanta
Bunch of rap music n shit also very depressing

>biggest airport in the world
>coca cola
Last but not least
>Atlanta fucking Braves

Frankfurt
the city is known for its banks and our mayor is an actual Jew ... coincidence?

With channels and tunnels, part of the lake survived until the XX century tho.

We forced mexicans to drink as much water from the lake as they could and told them to take a piss elsewhere.

using mexicans, they are good workers

>atlanta braves
they suck
>A FUCKING AIRPORT
coke is nice I guess also the aquarium is pretty cool but I want to die so idk

>Zagreb
>Literally means "The Scoop"
>Named after a hoe SCOOPED (XDDD GET THE MEME?) some water for her brothers because they were thirsty

ffs kill me

This, Trump should hire mexicans to build the wall.

After departing from mainland Spain, Colombus made a last stop here before discovering the american continent.

Agram was better desu

Tijuana

we were relevant at one point or another

My town was created by hayduk bandis after their war band kept raiding Ottoman caravans, so the Ottoman nobles bribed them with a piece of land in order to stop the raids. It was named after their warlord, Kalifer.

They had no women, so they stole women from the nearest town.

Nothing interesting tbqh
>Based Spaniard Pedro de Valdivia founded it
>Indios tried to burn it
>Based Inés Suárez defended it
blah blah blah

City of Madrid

we have a drunk bear as a coat of arms

Pic related
Sounds as bad

Flagstaff
Pluto was discovered here, and also its moon Charon

Fuck you, stupid lame fountain!

you really hate your city don't you ?

are you saying your ancestors were rape babies

I bet it looked gay and dumb irl

Bollocks, this has to be a joke.

I wish it were called "Mega Dragon Eating Flaming Metal Death Scream"
Or something cool like that

Donald Trump was elected to drain the lake

We throw pennies :-DD in it

Pic related is the coat of arms for Zagreb County

The thing in the middle is a drawing of

>St. Johns
>Oldest city in North America
>first non-stop trans-atlantic flight started here
>first trans-atlantic wireless message was received here
>on average it's foggy nearly 175 days of the year
>home of the oldest still-running sporting avent in North America
>george street has the most pubs and bars per capita of any street in North America
>england's first American colony

why do all coats of arm look like a 10 years old drew it.

does that lion have autism?

Madrid was made capital because it was relatively unimportant, centrally located, good airs and waters because proximity to the sierra, and because unlike the way more important Toledo, it wasn't the feudal clay of any high nobility guy.

That's supposed to be a marten (kuna in Croatian)
That's the national animal of Croatia
>a fucking rodent

Also, the currency is named after the marten, since Croatian traders used to use marten skin as money

>St. Augustine (Spanish: San Agustín) is a city in the southeastern United States, on the Atlantic coast in northeastern Florida. It is the oldest continuously occupied European-established settlement within the borders of the continental United States.

Because they follow quite rigid structures and regulations

why not barcelona

Des Plaines, Illinois

Home of the world's first McDonald's (if you don't count the previous 5).

Also home of John Wayne Gacy (serial killer, homosexual rapist, pedophile, and part-time clown)

no way this is your national animal

i can't tell if legit or German humor

>St. Augustine
founded in 1565

>St. Johns
founded in 1497

It seems it was a fishermen settlement and only much later it became a city. In any case Mexico beats you.

>continuously occupied
>within US

St. Agustine was founded in 1565, St. John's in 1497 by Cabot

>Cholula, Mexico
~2nd century BC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_continuously_inhabited_cities

>A
>Fucking
>Rat

Because that's not Castille. Not even Aragon proper.

Gold Coast.

People don't die here very often.

>wtf i love St. John's now!
Just kidding I've always loved St John's.

>Mexico City

Ours is a retarded deer so i feel you

Charlottetown

In 1864 the Fathers of Confederation picked this otherwise irrelevant city to host the conference where representatives from all over British North America decided come together and form Canada.

He's talking about European settlements in North America

Should clarify, I was referring to cities settled by the human race.

He said "Oldest city in North America"

>human
>race

Not sure if retarded or just a leaf

>st. johns being the oldest european city in the americas
that's grasping because it used to be a non-permanent fishing village for nearly a century and a half, people only started staying in it year-round in the early 1600s, and it didn't even become a city until some time in the 1800s.

oldest european settlement in the americas, sure, but there were a few european settlements being classified as cities in the 1600s.

Yeah, but I've legit never even seen a marten irl
Seen some deers, sure, but not those martens.

Never even thought about them as real animals that even exist 2bh

at least yours are animal that you actually have living in your country

ours is a lion

Used to be the centre of Christianity in Scandinavia (it had the only arch-bishop) until Sweden got their own in Uppsala.

Sweden conquered the city from the Danes later on because they can't fight for shit.

at least we are not the frogs.

better map before an after than this?

Buenos Aires was founded twice.

1536 (abandoned and destroyed by its own citizens) in 1541, those years were terrible, as in, people having to eat their shoes and constant attacks from cannibal natives.

and again in 1580

the big difference is the local natives, who were hunter gatherers and cannibals, died in between those decades because of european diseases, and more cities were founded in the north in direction to Paraguay, so Buenos Aires could get some help from the north in case of a native attack.

they were founded in the same place btw, a couple of km away at most

too bad you guys are getting colonize by sandniggers.

Britain's national animal is also a lion

But your whole country isn't filled with icons of rats

Pic related- even the pineapple has a marten in it

they didn't, they built a drain but the city ended under the water level anyway so the place kept flooding until the construction of a modern deep drainage system in 1967
All this shit because they coulnd't rebuild the Aztec dams and channel system destroyed during the siege of the city

Is it ilegal?

There is nothing wrong with having a rodent as your national animal.

used to be home to a pirate fleet that were the scourge of the Baltic sea called the Victual Brothers. The tectonic knights later arrived and kicked them out.

On July 28, 1896, Miami was officially incorporated as a city with a population of just over 300.[5]

Miami prospered during the 1920s, but weakened when the real-estate bubble burst in 1925, which was shortly followed by the 1926 Miami Hurricane and the Great Depression in the 1930s. When World War II began, Miami played an important role in the battle against German submarines due to its location on the southern coast of Florida. The war helped to increase Miami's population to almost half a million. After Fidel Castro rose to power in 1959, many Cubans emigrated to Miami, further increasing the population. In the 1980s and 1990s, various crises struck South Florida, among them the Arthur McDuffie beating and the subsequent riot, drug wars, Hurricane Andrew, and the Elián González affair. Despite these, Miami remains a major international, financial, and cultural center.

this is a copy map of Buenos Aires from 1583, 3 years after its second foundation.
Since the Pampas are super flat, having checkerboard cities is the norm.
Each block has the name of a guy, those were the colonists.
Also, most colonists were Paraguayans.

>The tectonic knights

Residents must have been quaking out of fear

Guanajuato
Mining city, World Heritage Site, nice architecture and full of artists.

Not sure no one took this one. Seemed like a great pick.

KEK

La Navidad, La Isabela and Santo Domingo are still older. And so is Spanish Mexico City, 1521, Veracruz, etc.

It's represented like this on the fucking pineapple

It's hideous

Why do you insist in spreading misinformation when you know you are wrong?

reminds me of this.

Please explain further.

And Full of gringos lmao get bleached

The queue for a first hand rental contract in Stockholm is now so long (+20 years) that we're currently trying to get it into the Guinness Book of World Records.

It's beyond retarded.

Oslo
Living here makes me want to fucking kill myself

His pic is from a different state, and that place is called Ecatepec City, which is not in Mexico City, and he has been told that multiple times. Pictured is exactly where the Tenochtitlan was. I don't know about the drainage system, but since he is a heavily biased autist, don't trust him.

Sometimes I wish there was a fantasy vidya that took place in Aztec time
Something like Dark Souls with all those monsterous Aztec gods

I might be moving to Stockholm for work in a few months, where should I not move to avoid being stabbed?

And that's for a shitty 1 room apartment. The good places need you to have stayed in queue since the early 80's.

On average it's the 4th safest city in the world, though I might have some statistics if you give me a minute

The closest thing I can think off is lizardmen off warhammer (if total warhammer stops jewing for the dlc). But yea, it would be great to have a vidya set in pre columbian cultures.

Eternal Darkness and the one stage in DK64

Yeah that would be great.

The office I would be working at is English only but I'm wondering how vital is Swedish for everyday life there? I'm also going through duolingo and some flashcards to learn Swedish but I'm not sure if I will be able to proficient enough by the time I would get there.

Pretty vital, nothing is written in English anywhere outside of Arlanda. Get an interpreter if you're trying to buy milk, we have some weird shit like Fil.

Toronto

Literally the only important place in Canada, it's existence is how every other part of Canada knows they're irrelevant. Anything good comes from Toronto now. The rest of Canada is stagnant.

tres interessant

why, bro?

Chicago

It's still to this day the largest city in the world that was completely nonexistent at the beginning of the 19th century.

Also a frozen wasteland in winter and during summer you mind as well be living between satans sweaty ballsacks.

idk but I actually laughed really hard at this

That was a seasonal fishing outpost in an area already used for seasonal fishing outpost reasons by basque fishermen probably even before Columbus voyage.

The first european permanent settlement in North America was done by the Vikings somewhere in Terranova; the first post-Columbus was Isabela and the first that still stands is Santo Domingo.

I live in a tiny little white colony in South Brazil.

Nothing ever happens here except from some occasional hail.

No, really, nothing ever happens here.

I wish I lived in a big city, as comfy as this is you have to take a 2 hours car drive to buy new headphones.

Would that city be Dubai?

>Vancouver

The first settlement at what would later become Vancouver was called 'Gastown'

This settlement started as a crossroads and a single saloon, whose owner/proprietor Jack Deighton was known as "Gassy Jack".

He was not particularly flatulent. "Gassy" in the parlance of the times meant that he loved to talk, and was a gifted conversationalist who loved to chat with anyone who stopped in for a drink.