Why did noone like it?

i found the second season to be on par with the first, the acting was good, the story was good (first was better) the actors were great including fulfilling my dream of seeing Vince Vaughn in a good mobster role.

i dont understand why people saw it as a disappointment.

also true detective general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vj48JcaLhXg
youtube.com/watch?v=bp9zcy-gjS8
youtube.com/watch?v=d5axU_AhOGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>why people saw it as a disappointment

Too many characters
Frank's connection to the main story was tangential at best
Mystery through omission

Because season 1 was a 10/10 and people expected another 10/10. Season 2 was a 9/10 at least anyways

I doubt anyone unironically hated it

True Detective thread? True Detective thread.

How is there more emotion and portrayal of narrative in just one shot than some movies ever achieve in an entire 2 hours? God damn I love the first season.

Setting needs to return to the south in season 3.

checked.

also mystery through omission? the story was laid out nicely imo, i dont remember a single instance where they left out something they shouldn't have.

also Frank's role was superb, he might not have had as much sway in the begging for the main storyline but he was essential around the end. it felt like a setup for the end.

also your right there were way too many characters, the the 7th episode when Ani, Woodrow and Ray were discussing the story at the motel, WAY to many names were being thrown around i had to think hard to remember them. aside from that i dont see it as bad as people say

oh my god dont get me started on how amazing that scene was. was what made me download the rest of the season cus i knew it had to be good

wouldn't argue with that, its the problem with creating incredibly good shows or movies, when you plan to make a sequel even if its super good it has to match or surpass the last one, its a feit not easily achieved i guess.

if anything good should come out from this its that season 3 HAS to be good, if they make it that is

i would prefer maybe some mystery in Alaska or another cold place, new setting each time

I think he could go back to the south, but deal with a different crowd. I grew up in North Carolina. You have a mixture of coastal surfers, college/sports culture and backwoods hillbillies. I think that would be nice, I dunno.

That's be nice, like Insomnia

Didn't hate it, just kinda boring I guess.

Season 1 bordered on supernatural with actual evil characters in a southern Gothic, horror setting.

Season 2 was all about revenge killings and money. So over a bunch of personal bullshit, pretty much like every murder ever.

>that quality

because of the setting, LA means LA sort of crime, i guess Season 1 set up a path for the show that we didnt see clearly, people might have thought the show will go into extremes every season, they executed Season 2 pretty good desu but the people just didn't expect it to be the way it was.

if you watch it again you might enjoy you more now since you wont be caught off guard with another name or character coming into play

ur from the got thread eh?
same answer it was decent but not on par.
also vince quotes were fucking funny

the first one had those supernatural vibes thanks to the story and the place.

the second was awfully depressing, some shit story about land development and characters that had no likeable traits at all.

>Some people climb to the top only to realize they're on the wrong mountain. Well it looks like we reached the summit, and it's no mountain. It's a live volcano.

here then.

please keep posting

480p? c'mon senpai

how do i get the better ones?

Download the REMUX or a transparent 1080p encode desu

>Everyday I opened the fridge. Every god damn day for 10 years. Then all of a sudden the guy who buys my house told me it was freezer.

I mean, I'm just watching the DVD's. I know that's not hip around these parts.

pls continue

>Frank's connection to the main story was tangential at best

It was his money that he gave to Caspere what the fuck. The whole thing centers around the land deal Frank was in on you imbecile.

>My grandfather told me you can discover everything you need to know about everything by looking at your hands. I've been looking at mine all my life, every day since I was 5, and you know what I've just realized? They're fucking feet.

Not judging but wouldn't you prefer to experience the show in the highest presentational quality necessary? I mean, film and tv is a visual medium so not viewing them in the best quality possible isn't allowing the media to live up to it's full potential imo desu

The story was the only thing really lacking in Season 2 and it was still a 7/10 story at that. A good story about corruption, double crossing, and revenge.
Now acting and cinematography I give a 9/10. The finale was a 10/10 for me and forgave any shortcoming the season had.

Absolutely, but I don't have the space to download 1080 films. How do you feel about blu-ray?

The problem is that S1 is sooooooo verrated that S2 didn't live up to the expectations. Neither S1 was so good, nor S2 so bad

Bluray is great. UHD will be better, but I'm over physical media - Let me download the iso. Fuck, let me download a master.

TD season 1 was shot on film, so seeing it on dvd would have been rather waxy and ugly, while s2 was shot on a RED (iirc), with great Mann-ish digital noise and grain. I couldn't watch this in anything less than 1080p

Velcoro, Woodrough, Ani and Frank are the life of that season, WHY do you hate them? especially Frank he was just straight up awesome despite his hilarious quotes

>png

she became a new waifu after the show ended, i love strong, take no shit, women

Season 2 > Season 1
Season 2 was a bad kino, season 1 was a good flick.

i consider them both equal, it just needed alot more concentration

Bump for season 3

youtube.com/watch?v=vj48JcaLhXg
youtube.com/watch?v=bp9zcy-gjS8
youtube.com/watch?v=d5axU_AhOGg

That opening credits is great. I'd love to see Mendelsohn and anyone else from there.

Holy shit if that was real I'd be crying with joy

What the fuck is that?