So is Sup Forums going to buy what is going to be the cheapest 4k video player on the market?

so is Sup Forums going to buy what is going to be the cheapest 4k video player on the market?

>not already owning a 4k video player

Why are you here?

>2016
>Physical media

>not owning an 8k kino player

kys uncultured flicklover

Why would I buy some piece of console garbage when a good HTPC is better in every way and either as cheap or not much more expensive while at the same time being significantly more flexible, usable, interchangeable and better at everything it does?

>$299

Toshiba BDX5500 is roughly $150. So not the cheapest.

only if Uk leaves the EU and scraps the electronics import tax

>giving a shit about 4k when you can't even note the difference

They do shit like this just to sell more, its like that "superHD"

>he Xbox One S also includes a few other improvements compared to its predecessor. Most notably, there’s 4K Ultra HD video support (including 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray) and HDR capabilities for both gaming and video.

I'M SOLD.

Will they accept me trading in my 1TB Xbox?

>not wanting to own that sweet white controller

Why? I've got a PC hooked up to a NAS that's connected to my TV. Don't have a 4k TV yet though.

>Don't have a 4k TV yet though.
Me neither. So if I were to buy this console or a blu ray player - will it tell me that 4K is not supportive or does the picture just not look as good until you buy a 4K TV?

>or a blu ray player
4k blu ray player I meant.

This 4K shit is so new to me. I don't get it

Is there any reason to play video games any more?

Seriously?

>when you can't even note the difference
Do you have a 4K TV? If not, how do you know this?

i thought the scorpio was the big deal super powerful 4k thing, not the xboxone S

i tihnk you are mistaken here OP

also your a faggot

It will downscale to 1080p if you're playing it on a 1080p screen

It will downconvert to 1080p.

4K is 2160p or whatever. 8K is 4xxxp and coming out within the next couple years.

It's all just higher resolutions thus better picture quality.

To pass the time I guess
Xbox One S supports 4K video. Scorpio supposedly supports 4

4K gaming** (I'm skeptical about that)

oh okay i understand thanks for clearing that up for me you newb

I've no doubt it'll output at 4K, 18fps.

>It's all just higher resolutions thus better picture quality.

heh, that's not really how it works. Bitrate is king of what drives quality. If you don't supply enough bitrate to properly saturate a resolution than the resolution is useless.

It is when you dumb it down to laymens terms so someone who doesn't even know what 4K is can understand.

Refresh rates and pixel density have a lot to do with it as well.

Just realized it's gonna be a bitch downloading high bitrate UHD rips

if you think this or the playstation equivalent will do 4K gaming, they wont.
xbox one standard doesn't even do 1080p and this new one is going to achieve 4 times more graphic output than what the xbox one can't even achieve anyway?

these are made just for 4K video.

Your TVs refresh rate is irrelevant what the hell are you talking about?
Pixel density is only apparent quality from sight at various distances. Again, not really relevant but it's own thing.

I'm not really into consoles, but doesn't the xbox1 needs to be connected to the internet 24/7 as opposed to the PS4?

yep

We know

No. They removed that like 2 months after launch.

bears repeating tho. as often as the shills try to claim the xbone (or any 8th gen console) is anything other than useless junk

We're not on Sup Forums pal

Probably, but compression is getting better too, h.265 is almost magic.

ya now it needs an internet connection once every 24 hours or something stupid.

so if you dun gots teh gud internets, ya maight as well skip da xbone

No it doesn't

It will get better when x265 is ready

yes? and?

and now we're lying.

cool

You can stop bitching about consoles and vidya. We're talking about 4K video here

What makes it not ready now?

no, this is an xbone shill thread. trying to sell the piece of junk as something other than a games console.

And a real htpc is strictly better in every way, so why fucking bother getting some garbage piece of console shit to do a worse job?

You realise the original post is literally a jab at xbox, right? Anyway if you want to whine about shilling

SeeI never said I was going to buy it btw m8

So...no regular blu-ray support then?

They're still working on the codec