What does it take to kill a dragon?

What does it take to kill a dragon?

Other urls found in this thread:

img0.etsystatic.com/035/1/9161739/il_fullxfull.640243540_37dt.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We'll find out real soon since they're trying to purge the show of as much costly CGI as possible.

Warging into it and fighting the other ones would probably do it.

You can shoot at it with siege weapons like ballistae and hope it hits are start mass firing arrows. If the dragon is going to breathe fire or whatever it has to come in range.

Visenya or whatever Targaryen riding her dragon was defeated by ballista.

Literally 5 sand niggers with javelins almost took one down. Just imagine what a thousand archers can do to one. Power levels in GoT are so inconsistent.

For them to get their CGI budget cut.

>kill

just blind the fuckers. there.

20 good men of course

To be fair the dragon was on ground. If you properly use a dragon or if it wasn't dicking around with Dany it would be high in the air breathing fire that can melt metal instantly all the while flying around. Dragons also supposedly have tough scale armor. You would need REALLY highly skilled bowmen to take it down.

If a bunch of bowmen could take dragons down easily the Targaryens probably wouldn't have conquered 6 kingdoms.

drogon was getting fucked up cause he's still a baby

his dragon scales suck dick

Drogon is also still a child

Ice king will kill at least one of them

>my mfw when people thought the direwolfs would fight the dragons at some point

Spoiler: King Bran as a dragon sitting on the Iron Throne.

>there's dozens of dragon skellingtons under the Red Keep
>the Night King can just raise his arms and call them

One can defeat a dragon easily with High Groundâ„¢.

D&D aren't that clever.

Hopefully Ice King turns one into an Ice dragon, and fucks shit up.

a few arrows and some spears it seems.

so a dragon the size of a mountain reproduces with eggs the size of melons. aha

isnt there an ice dragon in the wall or some shit?

Offspring size : clutch size ratio

They probably lay a thousand melon sized eggs and hope that a couple survive.

see:

you gotta hold your ground and punch it in the nose

A bigger dragon

They are literally medieval atom bombs.

You time travel back to prevent yourself becoming a cripple and by a chain of succession killing Daenerys leaving them just as ornamental eggs.

One of these bad boys

>show calls it a dragon
>its actually a chimera

I get the feeling if that Drogon dies Dany will die with him.

Theon's dick

>user calls it a chimera
>its actually a drake

this

>play Skyrim
>on some hills in the middle of nowhere
>hear someting
>turn around
>dragon

shittingintensifies.jpg

wyvern you nigger

A season finale. Hyuk hyuk

sword in the mouth

Its a manticore

DELETE THIS BEFORE VORE FETISHIST ARRIVE

dragons are immune to magic, but game of thrones only has wyverns so who knows

How would a dragon skellington even fly or breath fire?

It's clearly a kraken

A: There's no way the absurdly heavy dragons we've already seen on GoT could possibly fly with the wingspan they have - a condor weighs a paltry 15kg but still needs over 3m of wing to lift it

2: they'll obviously breathe ice

A round fluffy thing

>user calls it a drake
>its actually a straight up Yeezy

>70828795

maybe the dragons are hollow on the inside YOU DONT KNOW

We saw the entire pyramid of Mereen shake when Drogon landed on it

Jump on it's back, start chopping with an axe. Yell the names of the Seven Gods. Boom, done.

Got you senpai.

they clearly have 4 legs

how do bees fly then

btfo kid

They aren't even close to that size. They get bigger and bigger the older they get, but the largest ones are maybe the size of a house.

The only good atmospheric experience I ever had in vanilla Skyrim is when you start to hear the echoing far off roars of a dragon out in the wilderness. It's legitimately spooky up until they actually show up

>Balerion could swallow a wooly mammoth whole and his wingspawn left entire cities in shadow as he flew past

That pic is probably exaggerated but Drogon is already larger than a house in the show and everything the books say indicates they get even bigger.

This illustration is from the pages of "The World of Ice & Fire" by GRRM

a dragonslayer spear

>kill 2 or 3 easy peasy
>hear one
>look around, spot it, prepare for another easy dragon soul
>fucks my shit up hard
>panic next time i hear one
>it's piss easy again

Sunlight Spear or Gough's Greatbow

That dragon copped it in the eye. A one in a million shot that the Dornish claim credit for.

>muh unbent unbroken

GRRM's dragons have armoured scales. But in the fighting pit scene in S5 it seemed like those Harpy spears were properly sticking into Drogon. Which means a proper ballista would fucking shank him. But you have to hide it somewhere and bait him to come close.

Or just assassinate its handlers and make it go mad.

Or Ramsay and Ser Twenty could sneak in and poison the ham.

Or make them catapult pots and pots of wildfire onto them and so when the dragon's breath lights it up, the dragon is unridable and on fire for days and days and will probs fly off or go mad.

Same

Honey is magic

I thought it had something to do with maesters and oldtown?

One can only hope

>i've never seen "flight of dragons" and therefore have no clue about how dragons work

low ratings

dragons arent real you absolute faggot

APOLOGIZE

Do you fags think dragons were ever real?

A lot of ancient civilizations had dragon myths, even ones that had no early contact with the eurasian continent, like the Aztecs and other Amerinidian tribes

What a shitty dragon. Fridge body, no teeth.

>big stupid never before seen animal attacks you in the dark
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAH DRAGON

Every major landmass has or had megafauna fossils. Bible giants are thought to be inspired by dinosaur femurs n shit.

>Fridge body
>implying he's not swole as fuck

prehistoric gains, son

Who are you quoting?

European, Asian, and Amerindian ancient cultures all had a "giant flying lizard with wings and fire breath" creature myth.

But do you reckon flying, fire-breathing, dinosaurs were ever real? A "feathered serpent with wings" could easily be interpreted as a scaled dragon

>implying
img0.etsystatic.com/035/1/9161739/il_fullxfull.640243540_37dt.jpg

>Were dragons actually really real

Not an argument.

Two men: 1 GOAT Archer, 1 GOAT Swordsman.

Step 1. Study Targaryan camp's movements from afar for weeks.

2. Sneak in at night during dragon sleepy time.

3. Swordsman killing guards on stealth mode.
Archer also.

4. Approach dragon enclosure.

5. Can't get near it, because dragons are superintelligent, super-hearing Mary Sues. Fine.

6. Archer lies down propped up on his side from 30 paces away. Pulls his bow. Aiming for the eye with an arrow (or a poisoned, valyrian steel, obsidian and wildfire multi-arrow, whatever).

7. Swordsman bangs his sword against some metal.

>Dragon eye opens.

Schliickt... Nothing personal.

>not doing a backflip and telephoning behind the dragon

heh, nothing personal. kid.

Not an argument.

>European, Asian, and Amerindian ancient cultures all had a "giant flying lizard with wings and fire breath" creature myth.

Read about cultural convergence lad, there are many such similarities between various cultures, it doesn't prove anything. Besides, Asian dragons are wingless and not fire-breathing, their cultural significance is also completely different to European dragons.

What's more likely, a) classified megafauna bones were misattributed to mythical creatures or b) the fossil record is wrong; either no specimens exist or current existing specimens of mythical creatures are attributed to the wrong species.

the smithsonian has dragon bones in it.

all it takes is one potion

Yeah, they're huge, but look at the damn pic. One single claw is larger than an entire ship.

That Dragon could chew an entire castle, not just a mammoth.

>Read about cultural convergence lad, there are many such similarities between various cultures, it doesn't prove anything.
Nye's digits

I guess I want it to mean something, since some of those cultures "culturally converged" before even having contact with eachother (i.e.: Aztecs/Mayans coming up with wingless dragons as well as Asians, even though they never interacted until the later centuries)

>the fossil record is wrong; either no specimens exist or (...)

Where's the "missing link" fossil records for our common ancestor with ape hominids? It's not impossible that the fossil record is incomplete/wrong.

>Where's the "missing link" fossil records for our common ancestor with ape hominids?
Lucy comes to mind, and I believe there are a few other contenders. It's still a hotly debated topic, though, even Lucy.

So then why can't fukin dragons be a hotly debated topic stupid fukin scienfic community should fite me irl

Lightning.

Plot I would imagine

only FUS
RO
DAH