What's your opinion on him?

What's your opinion on him?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/zodiac-2007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think he's great. I don't really like Fight Club, but Social Network, Zodiac and Se7en are masterpieces.

The man who defined IMDB sensibility cinema.

he is a directing grandmaster. I love pretty much all of his films. he also knows how to use CGI the right away so nobody ever notices it.

Benjamin Button is just okay. The rest of his films are great. Also hugely influential. So much so that he will probably need to switch his style up in the back end of his career.

What do you mean by this?

>Not meant as the phrase used over and over

when's he gonna do another project? it#s been forever and no news but cancellations

Se7en was his best movie

I feel like he's been surpassed and replaced by Villeneuve as a thrillers director, in the same way Fincher replaced a washed out Mann.

Gone Girl though was really good and unlike the rest of his filmography.

Fedoracore, un cine de video game, 16 year old "film buff" bait, hot pocket features.

from a technical perspective, hes the best living director and one of the 2 or 3 best living overall.

idiots dont see the subtlety and nuance and thought behind the way he shoots and where he puts the camera and especially the editing; they just see "muh 2deep4u" or "muh relevance" in his psychological dramas, and dont really understand how his style actually works with that.. also cronenweth is perfectly matched with him (and underrated in his own as a dp) and he also understands casting better than just about anyone. hes also got that sense to focus on using his talents to elevate existing works in the adaptation process.

Villenueve has taken the IMDB mantle, yes. Fincher has softened somewhat and settled into making more pedestrian "prestige" movies. So far Villenueve has provided nothing but edge. All of the IMDB of Fincher but so far without any Benjamin Buttonesqe embarrassment.

thrillers/crime films are the plebbiest genre but that doesn't mean they can't be great with a good enough script and direction.

>hes also got that sense to focus on using his talents to elevate existing works in the adaptation process.
Finchers movies are really good but I wish he would make another film where the source material he started with wasn't absolute schlock trash.

please explain to me how the final act in TGWTDT wasn't garbage, especially the editing.

never doubt me again

I doubt

Can you explain that without the buzzwords?

Films that hold appeal to adolescents.

one of the best directors working today

this guy gets it

I thought that was supposed to be Nolan

Kys Korinefag

You know Korine fag is kinda right. I like Nolan, Tarantino and Fincher, but they all all make just really solid but safe 7-8/10 movies, no masterpieces that deserve deepre recognition. Direcotrs like Cronenberg and Korien are able to take real risks.

Overrated

>total footage shot
>TSN: 268 h
>GG: 500 h

IT'S OGRE

Fantastic director who often makes mediocre choices; he makes good movies out of decent scripts, but he's David fucking Fincher, he could make fucking anything and he should take advantage of that.

He made me love a movie about faggot millenias talking about Facebook. Now that is impressive.

>surpassed and replaced by Villeneuve as a thrillers director

Where's his Seven? Or his Zodiac? Or his Gone Girl?

That hack can barely reach Panic Room levels

Hahaha holy shit this board

hahaha absolutely hilarious fucking post, to even suggest that such empty and vapid director like Villeneuve could fucking surpass Fincher, an actual auteur.

my fucking sides

>I wish he would make another film where the source material he started with wasn't absolute schlock trash
It's impressive that he can make wonderful films out of what anyone else would turn into crap, but I feel like it's wasting a true master's abilities.

Except all three of those have pushed out a fantastic 9/10 that was very influential and loved by audiences and critics alike.

Considering how impressive Prisoners was that early in his career? Took a while for Fincher to start pushing out real money films, considering how early Denis is in his career? That nigga gonna surpass Fincher considering Fincher keeps adapting mediocre scripts for some weird reason.

Seven was Fincher's second film.

Prisoners is almost is not as good as The Game, and nowhere, I mean NOWHERE near as good as Se7en or Zodiac. Enemy was alright, I haven't seen Incendies yet.

>mediocre scripts
>The Social Network

AAHAHHAHAHA

>Prisoners
>impressive
Jesus f. Christ

The Social Network is the defining film of this century at least up to this point.

Edgelord

bait

this.

i wish he would try something radically different, though.

Talentless hack, who is praised by pseudo-intellectuals that want to appear to be into film.

rogerebert.com/reviews/zodiac-2007

TIL that Roger Ebert is a pseudo-intellectual who wants to appear to be into film.