What are some of the greatest movie shots?

What are some of the greatest movie shots?

Don't need to be iconic, just great looking.

Post them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwtpJ3T8eK4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have a catfish?

Both iconic and great-looking.

The lighting in this shot is incredible.

I was really fond of this one, although the meaning was a bit unclear

Really like this one.

what movie?

>blue orange

what did he mean by this

kek took long enough

Don't think I've seen this one, what's the name of the movie?

Wow, that looks bad.

Movies?

I believe it was called Now's Not the Time For Fear

Thief (1981)
idk
Wonder Boys (2000)

any more like this? where they use mirrors and reflections?

Lots. It's a tired old movie cliche.

then name some you prick because that's what I was asking for

I'm trying to think...

L'ascension du chevalier noire

Very obscure cinema

absolutely loved that movie's aesthetic

He meant he was underwater and there was an oil rig that exploded. What should the colors be? Green and black?

It's noir unless you're implying the chevalier is female

>a face in the dark

Super epic shot yo.

Someone tell me about this one? Always see him posted asking about some tard

It's pivotal in the movie and explains the character's motivations.

Get outta here
I just hate the plastic look of Snyder films, so shit to eyes

This shot to me was the moment I realized that Bresson is the greatest director of all

Nice pick, but is that pick from behind the scenes? I don't remember there being that much mist

wow inarittu is a hack

A ______

>,

Problem Child 2

During Birdman I just kept thinking that I've seen this scene before

reminds me of enter the void

what's some other essential colourful cinema?

Never change Sup Forums

God that looks bad

You dumbass its The Dark Knight Rises opening scene.

ugh fuck off back to NYC

unforgettable!

is enter the void any good? is it an artsy film? I've been put off by my impression its all art no substance

I have a boner for silhouettes

what are you, gay?

It's good, not really artsy. It's just a bit different.

>that decoloration

compression killed that webm, sadly

Have you ever noticed that during this shot, the view is angled such that the ground and the sky are perfectly even in the frame? What did Nolan mean by this? Let me tell you.

They're not balancing for CIA alone. Nolan is using natural symbolism to show the moral dichotomy between CIA and Bane. CIA's lofty aspirations towards achieving law, order and justice (the sky) are being challenged by the dirty reality of Bane's life in the shadows (the ground). At the beginning of the movie, of this divine confrontation, the forces are in balance but that quickly changes. Bane crashing CIA's plane, a physical metaphor for his principles, from Heaven to the Earth shows Bane's initial victory for darkness. Bruce Wayne therefore becomes the inheritor of CIA's spirit as he finds himself stuck in the Pit, a location deep within the Earth, where the light had been sent to die. But Batman overcomes that, rises from the Earth, and defeats Bane, and is last seen in his own plane, the same physical metaphor that CIA had. Whereas CIA was crashed to the Earth, Batman flew off into Heaven therefore showing that morality and justice still have a place in the world. CIA probably smiled down on him

>b-b-but it looks just like in the comics

That's the thing with Snyder, he can make REALLY pretty shots, good movies not so much.

It's even worse because the comics never did anything that trite.

too bad the movie was awful like everything he did after the 60es

Nicholas Cage version is better 2bh

I dont think so

So I want to 'get' cinematography, did you guys all study it or can i get the jist of it after a few hours of reading on the internet?
Cause it seems like there's a lot of objectivism and understanding to it as opposed to just 'this looks pretty'

shit taste famalam

huh
might watch it

whoa watch out we gotta patrician over ere

Not really "artsy" in that there's a bunch of obscure symbolism and stuff. Just very amazing visuals. Everything has a psychedelic, drugged-out, dreamlike feel to it, and the camerawork is really cool. Hard to really describe, people either love it or think it's self-indulgent because there's not that much of a plot.

Really unique visuals, imagine being half-awake and on mushrooms as you float around Tokyo in the middle of the night

It rides the fine line between spectacular and trash. I never really get more than halfway through it.

By 'get' do you mean learn how to do it yourself in your films?

whats going on in this pic

if it wasn't for that hitty filter it would be

Watch this, it really helped me out and it's worth the time

youtube.com/watch?v=KwtpJ3T8eK4

>41 images
>no one's posted the "you brought two too many" duel

this

No, just understanding what makes it good or bad, how to interpret shots. Being able to critique and discuss it as an artform, the same way you can learn to interpret symbolism and poetry