ITT: Pure, unadultered kino

ITT: Pure, unadultered kino

Let's start with a classic

is an okay movie, but people shilling it are usually pretentious retards. also, checked.

Kino incoming

This is perfect

t. pleb

Big Trouble Guy and Bayou Billy both have that problem where their head looks separate from their body

autism: the post

кiиögråphique cinetron!

i'd be offended, but you don't actually know what autism is. it's like you're calling me a jew. it's meaningless

man this even has the "NINTENDO SEAL OF QUALITY"

PURE KINO

>it's a tasteless retard post

THE classic kino.

I like 2 as well

I agree
Still waiting on 3

If you unironically use the term kino, then A Man With a Movie Camera is probably one of the handful of films that can be classified as kino.

>doesn't explain why

Kino is pure audio-visual flow, kinetic: movement, film as music ie based around tempo, intuitive and sensitive visual storytelling, rather than filmed theater or possessing didactic pretenses

It goes back to the abstract nature of silent cinéma, genres may vary, it can be arthouse poetry like Malick, experimental autism like Brakhage, genre potboiler like Mann or even mass blockbuster like Miller

Other various examples: Buster Keaton, Robert Bresson, Andrei Tarkovsky, Sergio Leone, NW Refn, even JL Godard

Criticisms of kino you'll often hear is 'it didn't even have a script!' 'it didn't have a story!'

Hope that helps

>Jean-Luc Godard, I respect him a lot for how he sees things and approaches filmmaking... Some of the things in his films are admirable, however I cannot consider him a complete filmmaker. What he does isn't cinema. He uses cinema. It's like Ingmar Bergman, who uses cinema to create literature. Godard uses cinema to paint with music. (…) He is the filmmaker I feel the closest to today. Godard's work intersects with mine. We share a common trait. Everything we do relies on inherently cinematic writing. We only express ourselves through images and sounds.
- Sergio Leone

Well, as far as I know, people use the term kino to describe "pure" filmmaking. Films with universal themes that capture the essence of film that differentiates it from theater and literature - motion. A Man With a Movie Camera is basically an hour long montage, depicting various activity in post-revolution Russian cities. It contains a constant stream of images and movement and showcases the endless possibilities of film. Idk, my two cents.