Was this film overrated because it was about a vampire?

Was this film overrated because it was about a vampire?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4334266/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
imdb.com/title/tt1714915/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overrated by whom?

Critics and stuff

Yeah, I guess. Also modern B&W and foreign. Internet "critics" love that shiit.

Something tells me you're being a smartass, but here's your answer.

>female director
Check
>Iranian
Fuckin cheeeeeck

GREATEST. VAMPIRE. FILM. EVER!!!!

Forgot the pic

She's kinda cute.

Yup. Probably a dyke tho

Better love story than Twilight tho.

It was overrated because it was superficially slick and pretty, but completely without substance or thrills. It's like a sterile music video

It was the title. That's it. SJW's ate it up without even seeing it because it was a horror called a girl walks home alone at night. They all thought that summed up their world view perfectly and praised the shit out of it without seeing it.

Replace "sterile music video" with "vapid Gucci commercial" and that's exactly how I felt about it.

>superficially slick and pretty
Just like 99% of art that females are responsible for

These. /thread

>Just like 99% of art that females are responsible for
As opposed to men who have never made anything vapid ever

>a girl walks home alone at night
But LO AND BEHOLD! It is the MAN who is the vulnerable one. haHah!

Breakin down those gender roles left and right!

Correct

Oh yes it certainly showed us.

Vote Trump.

>vote Trump
I loathe Donald Trump more than I loathe any human being on earth at the moment, but it's people like you who make me wanna support him just to spite you.

People like you are the reason I fucking cringe every time I voice my support for Sanders

>sanders
Whew

I just realized that you were probably being serious. Lololol.

At first, I thought you might be some feminist cunt who was being sarcastic.

No I am totally serious. Not sure where all the Trump hate comes from to be honest. Hillary and Sanders are god awful cunts.

>not sure where all the Trump hate comes from
You can't be serious...

He's a rude, arrogant, dimwitted megalomaniac who either deflects on every issue, engages in laughable hyperbole, or lashes out at the mere hint of dissent. And that's not even scratching the fucking surface.

Sounds like a Sup Forums local then doesn't he, Libcuck? Politics is about the lesser of evils. How could anyone possibly think Sanders or Clinton is the better option?

Sanders at least seems sincere and idealistic, even if his goals were unobtainable. Trump is all of the worst tendencies of Americans personified, and plays into those to gain voters. I'm embarrassed for this country to see how successful he is in this race.

>politics is about the lesser of evils
And we obviously differ on whom that would be.

How could anyone think Clinton is he better option? Because it would essentially be 4 more years of the same policies, which we CAN afford, despite what the republican propaganda machine wants us to think. What we CAN'T afford is a volitile narcissist who would undoubtedly destroy foreign relations. Not to mention the fact that his tax plan is a trickle-down piece of deficit-busting bullshit -- and when he says "the US can just print more money", for the love of God, user, don't listen to him.

As for Sanders, he's finished, so there's no sense in addressing the claim that he would be worse than Trump; however, I couldn't disagree more.

I reeeaally hate Clinton, but as for Trump? I would literally pay to see him tortured to death

>supporting sanders

im so glad he got btfo by hilldawg, his fucking fan base is so god damn annoying and gay

kys nigger lover

Allahu Akbar. I Couldn't agree more, brothers!! Down with men! Be good Goyim!!

>I would literally pay to see him tortured to death

do us all a favor and PLEASE fuck off to /reddit/

you don't even have to like or support trump but you're bringing next level faggotry and cringe

>his fucking fan base is so god damn annoying and gay
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with you. I think Sanders is absolutely obnoxious when it concerns most social issues; however, I believe they're mostly trivial, compared to the systemic issues that are plaguing democracy and causing an exponentially increasing wealth gap.

>issues that are plaguing democracy and causing an exponentially increasing wealth gap.

it's been fucked sense the 40s/50s. politics and moreover """"democracy"""" is a gigantic joke and anyone that takes it seriously is cute.

>fuck off back to /reddit/
That's original

>democracy is a joke
Unfortunately it's the best option we have, and so it's important to fight for the best version of it we can possibly muster. It's been a Plutocracy for a while now, and we need to start by removing as much money from our political system as possible.

Critics usually hate vampire stuff, so no that isn't why they liked it.

It was overrated because the director was a female of Middle Eastern descent, and she happened to make a stylish film about gender roles. Period. End of discussion. /thread

>we need to start by removing as much money from our political system as possible
>vote for the candidate that go 25% of her campaign funded by saudi arabia
>vote for the woman who's responsible for the shitstorm in Syria and Libya
>vote for the same people importing islamic terrorism

>dont vote for the only man who's actually had any actual real world experience with the countries laws, labor force, economic policies, and the only one who has any common sense about foreign policy

yeah, I felt for the meme. the movie is pretty overrated and barley has some good parts in it. Normally I don't mind if the movies as a whole doesn't work, I hate when idiots who've watched a few movies here and there and talk about "pacing" and "direction". But in this one I was kind of bothered that the movie didn't have a anything to it. Is it worth a watch, yeah, you can pirate it and watch the first half hour, its pretty fun. Maybe this girl directors has a future career, don't know, she clearly has the critics backing her up.

I thought it was a nice story that had moments of absolute pretentious nonsense.

Like what the fuck was the deal with the dancing dragqueen with the balloon?

say what you want, the scene in the bedroom is one of the greatest uses of music in a movie, ever.

>not understanding that you degrade any semblance of a coherent argument when you respond with greentext implications

>responsible for the shitstorm in Syria and Lydia
You're gonna have to be more specific there, pal. And before you respond, think about REAL SPECIFICS of how Hillary Clinton, herself, is "responsible" for the mess in Syria and Libya lol
>importing Islamic terrorism
Again, specifics, please. Also, where was the recent attacker from?

The last bit of your post was far too broad and generalized to even bother responding to.

>browse Sup Forums to discuss comfy films
>it's another Sup Forums thread

>maybe she has a future
OF COURSE she has a future (see: link). She has Hollywood at her fucking fingertips, because every SJW actor (which is most of them) is going to want to work with a marginally talented Middle Eastern female who makes films about trendy social issues.

imdb.com/title/tt4334266/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

just fuck off back to Sup Forums, that's usually where the imbeciles go

This thread is dead in the water, but I thought the movie was pretty good

>I don't wike your opinion
>must be Sup Forums boogeyman
>no attempt, whatsoever, to make an argument as to why she's anything remotely special.
But I guess I'm just a plain ol' racistmisogynistbigotophobe, huh?

>This doesn't cater to my views.
>WAAAHHHHH WAAHHH
Worse than SJWs.

No one is special.

>doesn't cater to my views
Oh good, more weak, greentext barbs.

A typical "wow, just wow" response that I've come to expect from literally every bleeding-heart dumbass that I've ever encountered.

I found it too boring to sit through. Don't even remember the start that put me off, it was that boring.

Watch this instead if you want muh vampire romance.
imdb.com/title/tt1714915/

>businessman = perfect president meme
>voting matters
You started off so well.