80s movies you wouldn't actually mind being re-made

>80s movies you wouldn't actually mind being re-made

flawed movies that have good ideas and other strong points but for whatever reason never reached their full potential.

The Last Starfighter is perfect as it is.

terminator

>ITT movies I'm embarrassed to admit I like.

I wish the ship was a practical model and not ancient CG

Brah, Ice Pirates is fucking amazing, that climax is so amazingly over the top, there is nothing like it

>you will never be saved by the son you conceived not 15 minutes ago

Probably its biggest weakness. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. Same with Tron.

Six String Samurai

For being that old it was surprisingly good CGI, non overused

If made well and with love, this one could be improved vastly.

If anything I could see them going Special Edition on it and replacing all the CGI with new effects.

the fly - with today's tech it'd look less cartoonish and more orrific
commando - instead of gluttonish or clownish, it could be some seal team 6 type shit
starring seagal

I honestly can't think of any.

>the fly - with today's tech it'd look less cartoonish and more orrific
No, it wouldn't. Look at what they did with The Thing.

I'll kill you with a shovel George Lucas stay away from my movie.

Highlander as a franchise instead of something that was awkwardly ducktaped into one after the fact.

Dune, but make it a trilogy at minimum

highlander

Like... imagine if half the movie wasn't two professional wrestlers grunting in an alley... imagine if the main character could act...

I'd be down for this, but... I want them to keep the queen theme song(and still not use the last half where they fagged out).
Honestly it's about 2/3rds of the reason I even like/remember that shit.

I just finished re-reading the book, and I agree.

Better yet, make it high-budget mini-series.

They'll probably do a nigger hop version of it

>All the "CONSUME" and "OBEY" posters replaced with "ACCEPT BINARY GENDERS" and "OPPRESS WOMEN"
>The aliens are homophobic

Search your heart, you know this is how it would turn out.

>tfw kids wear "obey" hats and shit and I honestly don't know if they get the reference

Too young, the hero. A good movie pained by low budget, bad effects. I would love to see a remake with a nice budget so they wouldnt have to use old footage for the battle parts

Max pls.

Just wait for the inevitable adaptation of Ernest Cline's shit-heap Armada. He basically plagiarized The Last Starfighter.

is niggers and nigger version of movies all you think about, nigger?

shaddap bleck

Farewell to the King

The time warp? That shit was hilarious.

This

Oh, that would kick ass.

They carried the last guy out of here in a basket. I'll order your basket.

just for a laugh

it seems like a job for Guillermo del Toro!

The original Hellraiser, great concept flawed execution. br00tal special fx though

Ghostbusters, but with an all female cast!

Please, that couldn't possibly happen.

Too soon fammo

Unfortunately, if The Last Starfighter got a "remake", it would be a spiritual one in the form of that Ernest Cline shit book Armada. Normies fucking love his nostalgia-baiting, Big Bang Theory writing and Spielberg is already directing his first book, Ready Player One.

its fine as is, but still