Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?

meme

THAT'S MY BULMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It says he's a big guy.

Bout tree fiddy.

IT'S OVER NINE...

le classic meme only oldfags will remember

It says

>

DBZ was shit because of power levels.

There's no reason whatsoever to introduce actual empirical "POWER LEVELS" in any form of media because all it does it attract power level wankery and turns the entire work into glorified strongman competition.

DB>DBZ

It's over 8000

This.

>Goku's power level is 9001
>b-but Piccolo has a SECRET POWER LEVEL even tho his power level is only 9000
>oh yeah wul what about when Goku goes SUPER SAIYAN

It says that, that low res picture looks better than anything from Dragon Ball Super.

Dragon Ball Z went to shit after the Cell Games saga

and oprah

>not knowing the 4th sequel is always a parody

you "guys" are fucking retarded

Most of this show doesn't hold up on rewatch except for the motherfucking saiyan saga.

All that prep work leading up to the fight just for the whole gang to get slaughtered by Vegeta's second-in-command. Then Goku shows up and wrecks absolute shit before getting his shit wrecked in return. Then everybody punches each other in the face until they're all on the ground spitting up blood in agony and the fight just sort of ends.

Shit was amazing upon rewatch.

Its funny because the show went out of its way to establish that the villains were foolish for relying on power levels and that Goku was the best because he never gave a fuck.

Actually I don't remember any of the heroes ever caring about power levels.

I wonder why a lot of people on Sup Forums have a seizure when an anime thread is made EXCEPT if it's Dragon Ball.

The entire show was about power levels being irrelevant and showed how stupid it was for villains to rely on their scouters.

dragon ball is legit capeshit, but i've never gotten this autistic complex over power levels and different forms. i just think it's cute and funny

because dragon ball is liked universally by everyone except for hipsters and people who can't have fun

that and mostly everyone grew up with it and remember it fondly

Technically true.

I strenuously disagree. The introduction of an actual measurable 'power level' just diminishes the conflicts and struggles of the characters.

The shift from DB to DBZ was that the show began to revolve around raising your arbitrary 'power' to the next plateau. Being a martial artist literally does not matter as long as you raise your 'power level' to a higher number which always involves an extended hulking out sequence introducing some newfangled 'form' which makes everything that came before it useless.

The Android Saga and the Babidi sagas are GOAT, with legit frightening antagonists. It's just a shame that the Cell Games and Super Buu are dogshit.

Tien was able to pose as an obstacle to both Cell & Buu.

Super Buu saga did have my favorite fight. For some reason I absolutely love the fight where Buutenks wrecks Gohan. Buu is just so cocky.

well if you can move your arms 500 mph faster than the other guy it really doesnt matter if they know taekwondo

Mystic Gohan getting fucked up was stupid. Literally built up over the entire arc and then it's like nope fuck you Vegeta & Goku.

God this thread is filled with shit taste and retards

Idris elba as 9000

Gohan getting wrecked despite the build-up was not the problem. It happened to Goku when he fought Vegeta and Frieza. The problem was that Gohan disappeared after that and ceased to be important. The actual fight with Buutenks could have been a fantastic lead-up to some finale that involved Gohan.

On its own terms I think it's a great segment. It's relatively short, dramatic, and the fighting itself is cool.

Was Vegeta a cuck?

NIGGA STOLE MY BIKE

Frieza saga was the best, everything after was retarded.

why did Frieza have transformations and why was he in his first form

This is more or less accurate.

I could probably learn to like everything up to the Android and Cell Sagas if Goku would just stay dead at the end.

The moments when Power Levels and Death became completely meaningless is when the show when to shit.

i genuinely like this show and like talking about it, but every db thread, autists ignore me and continue arguing about autistic things.
such is life

vegeta got cuck'd frequently and if you count Super and GT there is some next level cuckoldry

That's not how you spell Frieza

I'm right though

Everyone complains that Z should've ended in the Cell games.

I agree partly, because the most powerful scene in the series -and the moment that had been building up from the start - was Gohan's emotional outburst and release of his powers in that fight.

However, I still enjoy the Buu and GT because of many factors. You cam call it nostalgia, but both of them have a heartwarming recapitulation of how much the characters have achieved and feels like a respectful bow to the fans. Especially GT, it has gorgeous animation and music too.

>everyone complains Z should have ended at Cell Games
I hear more people saying it should have ended with Frieza. That was the natural endpoint and what Toriyama wanted

>Buu
That was filler. Tien didn't do shit in the Buu saga.

I'm fine with all of it, except how all of Z was so stretched out and the dumb filler sagas

>GT
Irredeemable shit

my check ems are over memetastic

>I hate everything
has cynicposting gone too far?

>Master Roshi was able to blow up the moon in Dragon Ball
>he wasn't even as strong as Piccolo who wasn't as strong as Raditz

This is why power levels are retarded

But I don't. What are you talking about?

I never liked DBZ desu. I mean, I loved the concept of it and still pretended to be Goku and shit, but the actual show was boring as fuck.

kek

Old man Bulma was the best.

Genius millionaire married to qt3.14 much younger than him, no fucks to give, and witness to the ultimate powers of the universe.

see
again. it's proven time and again in the series that the villains relying on their scouters to gauge the fighters was dumb and in the end their hubris bit them in the ass. Each villain that used a scouter to gloat over their opponent's power level has died or been defeated. Power levels don't mean shit compared to fighting ability in the Dragonball universe.

She's actually a robot he constructed.
That's why she never ages.

Smart man.

That's because you can hide power levels or focus your energy into concentrated blasts.
The power levels were always portrayed as accurate apart from that.

>bunch of jacked bro's fighting the universe and constantly sweating
>some little faggot running around causing mischief

>relying on their scouters to gauge the fighters was dumb

Except they didn't lose because their scouters deceived them. They lost because their opponents arbitrarily became more powerful and their 'power level' rose.

And again, nothing you said addresses the irrevocable fact that assigning an actual numerical 'power level' to characters just makes fights into contests of "who has the higher power number". Suddenly the way that every protagonist wins is to access some arbitrary new power-up. The series turned into this ridiculous game of one-upping the last power up that made everything before it useless. SS doesn't matter because there's SS2 oh wait now there's SS3 or 4 or now there's FUSION SS.

All this because DBZ became reduced to a power level wankfest introduced by scouters and a measurable 'power level'.

Aside from Hittu, IMPROVEMENT, and the latest episode, Super has been dogshit.

they lost due to their own hubris. they see that the good guys have super low power levels (because they're hiding it like you said) and that gives them confidence in their inevitable victory. Then they go Oh Shit I'm getting my ass kicked? How can they be this strong when the scouter said they were weak?!

Hubris and overconfidence is why the villains lose, not power levels.

Except
This. The way the villains lose is by the heroes raising their power levels unexpectedly.

>they lost due to their own hubris. they see that the good guys have super low power levels (because they're hiding it like you said) and that gives them confidence in their inevitable victory. Then they go Oh Shit I'm getting my ass kicked? How can they be this strong when the scouter said they were weak?!

They would have lost even without the scouters since the heroes ALWAYS HAD A HIGHER POWER LEVEL THAN THEM ANYWAY.

There isn't A SINGLE FIGHT in DBZ that the villain lost because he never went full strength because he simply underestimated the heroes. They lost because their arbitrary 'power level' was lower.

the end was clearly meant to be the frieza saga, goku has lived up to a thousand year old legend, become the most powerful warrior in the universe, defeated the evil tyrant of the universe, the man who killed his homeworld, there was really nothing more to be done after this point

that being said, i love all of dbz so i dont give a fuuuck