ONCE AND FOR ALL

what went wrong?

directed by a talentless jew

Jews.

Rehashed the plot of A New Hope bit-for-bit, too many cutesy references to past entries, Rey felt unnatural because we didn't get to fully empathize with her because she succeeded at everything without trying, it had lots of plot holes but the movie was edited real fast to try and make you not notice.

>huge fanbase of idiot fans

The prequels set the bar so low, all they had to do was not make the movie laughably bad.

>remade A New Hope in stead of making it it's own movie
>Mary sue main character
Anything else?

JJ Abrams' remix of the original Star Wars is like listening to karaoke. Fun but pointless.

inb4 autists trying to paint the prequel as an artistic masterpiece

the funny/weird thing for me is while i acknowledge the prequels were lesser films, they still felt like Star Wars movies to me. TFA didn't really capture that feeling. Boyega was the best thing about the movie. quite glad it turned out that he upstaged nearly the entire cast not called Harrison Ford because damn this site gets really fucking racist at times.

>they still felt like Star Wars movies to me
How?
Because they stuffed as much light sabres in it as they could?

Pandered to the cancerous nostalgia crowd that is almost singlehandedly tearing Hollywood apart.

can't quite put it to words other than to say there were sequences that felt idyllic like the OT in all three:
I - the pod race,
II - the chase sequence through Coruscant, the lightsaber duels near the end
III - Anakin's turn to Vader, yoda v Sheev, Anakin v Kenobi
not saying these were exceptional sequences, but they had that pulpy sci-fi feel the OT had. nothing in TFA other than when Han and crew were assaulted on his ship felt like that. maybe it's the fucking force, for all i know, but TFA was a disappointing follow up. hope the next one rekindles my interest in the series.

Not who you replied to, but for me TFA was being too wink-wink, nudge-nudge to feel like Star Wars. The whole time I was watching TFA I felt like JJ Abrams was shaking my arm and pointing out all the things that were Star Wars-like in it.

it was really fun
go outside more

It didnt topple Avatar worldwide thanks to Chinkna

It was too self-aware. All the humor felt like it was being delivered by people who knew they were in a Star Ward movie ("who talks first", "that's not how the force works", the part where the annoying orange crawls across the table at Boyega.)
The funny moments in the originals were only funny as an audience member, as something you observed. Like when Han ran around the corner into the hanger full of stormtroopers or when Lando was nervously trying to convince himself that the shields would be down on the 2nd Death Star. In the new movie I was half expecting one of the characters to do a fucking Jim Halpert camera look. The 2010s style of sarcastic self aware quip comedy just makes the rest of the movie feel meaningless and nonsensical. To put it another way, the action and the comedy in the OT were harmonious, while in ep 7 they were dissonant.

Guardians of the Galaxy>>>SJW:TFA

>pacing left no breathing room
>amount of shit crammed in the movie left no room for the development of literally anything
>the main character's entire arc was a set up for backstory exposition in the next film, and left her completely forgettable as a result
>went out of its way to replicate the political climate of the original trilogy, making its existence as a sequel feel pointless
>CGI looked noticeably bad in certain scenes

>rey
>forgettable

Tell that to the current and next generation of female pilots.

This, to be perfectly honest with you, family.

There were so many stupid coincidences to keep the plot moving. Rey happens to run into BB-8 and speaks droid; Finn happens to crash safely onto an area of the planet near all the action; the Millennium Falcon just happens to be fucking sitting there without its spacelocks or whatever engaged; Rey can expertly pilot it; Han just happens to be flying by; Orange Yoda happens to have Luke's lightsaber.

Whatever, there's tons of them. But the plot just keeps hammering you with quick cuts and quips, so you can't stop to think about anything.

It was completely unnecessary movie. It was not needed at all but to make money.

The prequels... you could say there was an interesting story about how Anakin became Vader. Good. Lucas wasn't able to make something of it, but there was a story to make.

After Return of the Jedi there should be nothing. The empire was destroyed, the force was balanced and all the pieces fitted nicely. It was only fan fiction from then on, but oh, the greed. Always the greed.

That pic makes it look like a goofy sitcom

Everyone on here seems to fucking remember her

EVERYTHING

Chewie looks like Kate Mara here

han solo dies at the end

the story is bullshit. they had over 30 years to write this story and this is what they shit on our chests.

Disney

how do you black text?

The characters are all really boring. Rey has no character arc, Poe has 20 minutes of screentime, Kylo's an emo wuss with no backstory, Snoke is just Sheev 2.0, and the rest of them aren't even worth mentioning. Only Finn and Han are any good.

[black] [/blacked]

The series was always overrated.

>hyped for new republic
>lol no they're the rebellion again, oh sorry, the resistance

jews

As someone who's not a huge fan of SW, seen the OT like twice in my life, I just didn't really get anything special out of it.

It was fine, but I think it relied a lot on, "STAR WARS IS BACK STAR WARS FANS! OMG" and not so much on trying to be its own story.

I can't even recall most of it, but it seemed like it just shifted from action scene to action scene.

holy shit I thought that was a Red Dwarf poster from the thumbnail

the only thing i remember about boyega was his niggardly "whoah did you see that?" after everything that happens. nah fuck boyega. stop trying to pretend like there was anything good about this movie.

Only Boyega's charisma made Finn work. His writing is a complete mess and not in any way consistent with his backstory, which could have been great if they'd attempted to explore its effect on him in any way. But they didn't.

Honestly, this. I think the problem lays in the lack of familiar locations and species. While the aesthetics of a desert planet, an ice planet, and a forest planet are all present in TFA, none of them are ones we've been to before. Even with the species, we see tons of new ones, but not a single Rodian nor Twi'lek nor Ithorian. It causes the movie to feel a bit separated outside of Han, Chewbacca, Leia, and Luke. Even C3PO and R2D2 are barely in the movie.

Heavenly trips do not lie

Nothing went wrong. The movie was an all-around success. The """"""""patricians"""""""" of Sup Forums just hate it cause it's popular.

Didn't hate the movie.

But what pissed me off the most is that you had two actors FROM THE RAID, who were RENOWNED for their fight choreography were just used as food for those tentacle monsters from D and D.

Nothing tbqh. 4/5 movie

>political dialogue is soooooooo boring

Kill yourself.

The plot and script.

Somehow HackHack Abrams couldn't tell the oldest story ever told, the hero's journey.

The change from an adventure story to an action story were our protagonists kill more people in this movie than the previous 6.

Complete tonal inconsistencies. We start the movie with a stormtrooper taking off his helmet as another wipes his bloody hand over him to han solo making jokes about murdering people with chewie's gun. People we are told that are abducted and indoctrinated child soldiers.

The only thing right was that Rey was cute. Other than that, Finn couldn't even turn luke/anakin's old lightsaber on correctly.

>not Starcucks

Only 98% /teevee/.

This triggered me more than anything.

The lego game of this is like an extended cut that will hav missions before events of episode 7 and between episode 6.

WHAT JJ SHOULD HAVE DONE

Cant wait to play it

Niggers and Jews

This movie is like 80% jewish

It was a heartless assembly of everyone's favorite trademarked nostaltic moments slapped together for Kevin Smith-tier nostalgic man children

no women of color

It felt like those new Star Trek movies.

>ONCE AND FOR ALL
Yeah, good luck with that.

>but it seemed like it just shifted from action scene to action scene.
this.
my main problem was this. whenever there is an action scene then it had to be turned up to 10.
no gradual increase, just jumped to 10.

Let's be honest here. I think we can agree

Phantom Menace was better than this. Atleast it had some magic

definitely.

what channel is this?

One of the worst part about this movie that I rarerly seen mentioned is the destroy shields/rescue mission
Finn is literally risking the entire good guy fleet (of like 5 x-wings, seriously) just to rescue that girl he met a couple hours earlier.
Only to discover that she escaped on her own and didnt need to be rescued. Combined with the fact that they only managed to turn off the shields thanks to that Chrome trooper conveniently walking by and being willing to betray her entire organization

dumb ass science
Kylo Ren is an emo pussy
Han Solo went out like a dumbass

All the prequels are better than this. And I don't think 8 or 9 (shit like Rogue One doesn't even rate) will top them.

also the shield could be turned off at a remote station by a mid level officer, alone

We're told that Finn is an abducted and endoctrinated child soldier. Seeing his friend and people getting killed is so traumatic it sends him over the edge, and he betrays the only thing he has ever known, those that raised him, that shaped his moral compass, just like that. Then 5 minutes later he's seen laughing while killing the people he grew up with while quipping with the guy that was a few hours ago trying to gun him down, and that possibly could have iced his friend. An indoctrinated child soldier of a militaristic empire has the same humor as your average twenty-something american circa 2015? He's seen very eager to betray everything he has ever known, to be sort of a coward, but he'll do anything to save this girl he just met.

Poe is discount Han, they retained his tone-deaf humor in face of danger, except Han was also an asshole space pirate, not a paragon of good. Also no personnality, hell he's barely a character.

Rey has the same writing problems as Finn. It's established she's been living on her own, scavenging daily for a meager living, yet she's a goody two shoes that will protect the innocent droid, refuse a larger paycheck she's ever seen for -no- reason. Also yeah, she has no flaw, can do anything , and everybody likes her. She trusts Finn and Han without any reason other than "They're forced on an adventure together!". Ok JJ, remember the interactions of Luke, Han and Leia when they met? That's how it goes when you're forced to cooperate with people that comes from different background that don't know each other, it takes time.

JJ banked on nostalgia, while ignoring why people liked what they did. He saw that everybody liked the first space battle of Luke and Han, and he did the same with Poe and Finn. But it was great because it was the first time Luke and Han bonded after their first somehow cold interactions. It had a background. It was not the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Not much.
Played it safe so no one will complain like they did back then the prequels hit. The next one will be way better now that they've proven that they can make 'next gen' star wars.

Bingo. TV insight of the year.