In honor of the BvS Ultimate Edition, what is your favorite Extended Cut Kino?

In honor of the BvS Ultimate Edition, what is your favorite Extended Cut Kino?

Mine:

Kingdom of Heaven
Watchmen
All LOTR movies
The Abyss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wGwhMHNmPpA
youtube.com/watch?v=uOOEwMOtvLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm with you on The Abyss. It was fucking amazing

I'm also secretly hoping the Warcraft director's cut will be amazing

Finding out how the Abyss was shot gave me a whole new respect for the film

It's my favorite film, tbf
Watched it for the first time when I was 11 or something, and the extended cut years later
It left the most memories for me

Yeah, one of the most hardcore shoots of all time. Great movie, and the making of is also amazing.

Got to be the extended cut of Ali released on video. Here's hoping Mann's third re-edit he did for tv gets a Blu-ray release in the wake of Ali's death.

Superman
Aliens

Where can I see how it was made?

youtube.com/watch?v=wGwhMHNmPpA

six parts, you can watch them in succession.

Kingdom of Heaven is pretty great with the extended cut though Balian should have had a different actor. What happened historical epics?

Love the scene when his father rides through the town, honestly, one of the greatest depictions of religiosity that I've seen. Reminiscent of Braveheart is many ways.

Once upon a time in America

Thanks.

Hell yeah.

Also, does Spielberg have any director's cuts? I swear that over the years I've seen multiple different versions of Jaws and Close Encounters.

Close Encounters has 3 different cuts. Original, Extended due to success, and Final Cut.

ET has two, but Spielberg has since denounced the 2nd version and gone back to the original theatrical

The Lost World had an extended version on TV but was never released on DVD

I think that's it.

Oliver Stone's Alexander

edited for length and content on broadcast and cable

KoH is horseshit and not the good one

ffs hes a bastard, the most he could get was kick in the ass

dont know why fucks like it

this is an excellent perspective and learning experience

My fan-made extended cut of Scooby-Doo which restores almost fifteen minutes of deleted scenes to the runtime.

Including this scene youtube.com/watch?v=uOOEwMOtvLI

Thanks for the info! Close Encounters is one of my all-time faves.

Close Encounters is top 3 Spielberg kino for sure

>All LOTR movies
two towers extended is garbage

>More Gollum and Based Ents
>Boromir and Faramir Flashback
>Fangorn to the rescue

Nigger what?

4/10 bait. Got me to respond

It's more like good extended scenes, but still the shittiest of the OT

>mfw frodo and sam in osgiliath

Although not precisely an extended edition, Blade Runner deserves a mention.

is this nigga for real? frodo and sam is osgiliath was the most emotional and meaningful moment.

it's just an autist sperging because it's different from the books

in reality though faramir's characterization in the movies was far better than tolkien's gary stu self insert shit and osgiliath produced one of the most memorable lotr scenes of the trilogy

70s Spielberg is untouchable

it completely destroys the pacing of the movie
>45 minutes left after Helms Deep is won
literally what the fuck

Fellowship is the only one objectively improved

ROTK has some cool scenes added, but ruining the Aragorn surprise is total horseshit. and Saruman is cool to have there lore wise but no one really needs to see that scene more than once

LOTR theatrical editions do NOT get enough credit where credit is due. The fans who meme the extended versions to hell and back annoy the crap out of me

293 minutes of perfection.

objectively correct

also essential women-will-never-understand-core

I really wish they'd do a blu ray release of Lost World's extended cut, the scenes are small but the introduction of Roland's character is fantastic.

Also kudos to Spielberg for acknowledging his mistakes and denouncing E.T.'s second cut.

Hell yes, my friend.

I remember the Lost World extended cut being on FOX tv

That Roland scene was indeed awesome. He beat up a dude one hand tied behind his back. Also had a scene with an inGen board room meeting that ties things to the first movie a bit more too. Shame it never came out on disc.

And yeah, for the latest ET Blu-Ray release, it only features the original theatrical, and Spielberg said he regretted the "special edition" and that it was a mistake

>tfw George Lucas never learned from his friend's example and did the exact opposite
>tfw there's 0% chance of ever getting a blu ray release of the theatrical Star Wars trilogy

I just got the Ultimate Edition of Kingdom of Heaven, should I watch the regular Director's Cut or the roadshow cut?

how is the ultimate cut still not on torrent?

so many people saw it because of cinema now, and nobody recorded it?

Roadshow has an musical intro and a musical intermission.

It preserves a sort of old school Epic presentation aspect. I say watch the Roadshow version.