According to national data posted by Showbuzz, Sunday’s installment of the AMC drama drew a 0...

>According to national data posted by Showbuzz, Sunday’s installment of the AMC drama drew a 0.68 adults 18-49 rating and 1.75 million total viewers.

Say goodbye to preacher season 2
Also, Preacher thread.

headlineplanet.com/home/2016/06/14/ratings-amcs-preacher-falls-in-week-three-ride-with-norman-reedus-starts-modestly/

I knew it was suspicious when the Comcast On Demand commercials proclaimed it to be the show "everyone is talking about" despite no one actually talking about it.

Literally every American was tuned to the news channels on Sunday, when the largest mass shooting in American history (committed by a guy with a Star Wars-themed bathroom) was being covered at the same time Preacher was airing. Do the research, what I'm saying is true.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if a part of it has to do with people getting burnt out on how AMC handles shows

AMC was pushing this show on press. It got great critics, but you know if was because the source material is somewhat of respected among the generation X or because paid reviews,

nah, the show lost a -10% of viewers with each new episode. It will be lost even more this Sunday with the slow last episode.

It´s good?

Don't post nah at me ever again, fuckface.

>1.75 million total viewers

>Honestly wouldn't be surprised if a part of it has to do with people getting burnt out on how AMC handles shows
This. I've always hated how they just throw shows at the wall hoping that something sticks and keeping those shows on way past their expiration date.

The fucking Negan cop out was the last goddamn straw, though.

I know the way they treat final seasons of shows has pissed off a buncha folks

>we'll play the 1st half of the season one year
>play the final episodes the next season
>holding 4 or 5 episodes hostage just to extend the ratings another year when the show has been finished filming 2 years or more

Gonna be so glad to see the end of Hell on Wheels

no ep.2 the following week fucked it.

I really like this show so far. Last sunday was a terrible day for everything that wasn't a news channel. AMC knows quality shows and will see the long game (streaming). If it got bad reviews I could see them canning it, but it got great reviews. Plus they aren't gonna fuck over DUDE WEED LMAO like that

It's a stupid fucking idea for a show.

Same ratings as first few seasons of Breaking Bad.

Now what? /thread #rekt BTFO (vertical BTFO)

>taking too long to get going
>don't like the black chick as a lead, don't need SJW shit in any show

It's not Walking Dead or GOT tier but I don't think it's terrible for a cable show at all. I doubt it's going anywhere, tbph.

>AMC knows quality shows and will see the long game (streaming)
Unless it pulls just ungodly awful numbers that gives them free reign to cancel it they'll pull a Hell on Wheels
>move it to a death slot night
>hope it does even worse ratings and gives them the excuse to go ahead and cancel it

Only thing that saved HoW when they did that shit was AMCs death slot night is typically saturday which is usually westerns and who'd a thunk a western show would do well on a day that plays westerns all day

this, nobody I talked to even knew what breaking bad was until the I am the danger memes popped up.

Hope so, shit show.

game of thrones ends in two weeks, lets see how ratings our after that is over

Breaking bad was somekind of experiment for AMC. They expect Preacher to be the new TWD, also budget.

>Penny Dreadful ends this week with a 2 hour finale
>GoT ends next week
Is there even anything else on at the 9 to 11 period besides Preacher at that point?

Oh wait the Last Ship. that could quite easily pull the viewers if its on at the same time

The new season was postponed because of the shooting. If they start in two weeks more, Preacher slot is finished

what's the budget for preacher?

The same of a regular episode of TWD

sauce

Nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhb

Does anyone know what Preacher's budget is

In interviews Rogen says they have a small budget. I dont think is TWD budget, but no less than Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. CG effects and fight sequences should be expensive I think.

No starr, no watch

>Already shitty filler and it's only 3 episodes in
>Plot has already walked off a cliff

Where did everything go so wrong? The pilot was promising as fuck

>air pilot
>wait 2 weeks air a second episode

Whose fucking idea was this.

It´s a lot of bad choices and bad luck
>put it against GoT
>one week pause
>Orlando Shooting for third episode
>filler episode
>change the story, so you lost the fans of comic
>no defined story/plot
>no defined genre
>Cassidy stole the show over main chara

Doomed by destiny.

>nobody I talked to even knew what breaking bad was until the I am the danger memes popped up.

No memes for Preacher.

>change the story, so you lost the fans of comic
this doesn't matter but the rest is pretty accurate

This. Wild changes in tone don't help casuals, though the characters are all great. Maybe it'll chill out by the time we get to a non-Rogen directed episode, but by then it may be too late.

good. end the dog shit while they still can salvage a good HBO series in the future.

Nah, I think I will, bud.

So following your logic you wouldn't read the first 12 issues of the comic seeing as how Starr didn't appear until issue 13

Sunday was game 5 of MBA finals.

Is under first season of Breaking Bad now.

Also can be canned/cancelled since can posion any show after, like Ride With Norman Reedus debut wich was very low.

AMC should make a deal with HULU or Amazon

>Sunday was game 5 of MBA finals.
>GoT
>Orlando Shooting
>NBA playoffs
>NHL Eastern Conference Finals
>Billboard Music Awards

The show is not working as expected, no matter what´s happening on other channels.

seems expensive
more than Lucifer which second episode got about 6 million viewers
Lucifer confirmed for best comic book show

6 million viewers? that´s a hit
I thought it was doing poorly ratings

That's regular broadcast tv. The new season of Xfiles' worst episode was 7 million.

broadcast vs cable standards
preacher will last at least 3 seasons, pretty sure im the only person itt who understands ratings

Lucifer gets more viewers than anything on Fox except Empire and X-Files

1.7 mill is good for preacher?
Constantine was cancelled for similar ratings.

I try to remain pessimistic about liking any show to much from Fox.

Any excuse is a good excuse to cancel a show there

See, the problem with this is that its literally perfect for the 90's when it existed. Its visuals would be good with a Grunge soundtrack, I would love Chris Cornell as Preacher actually. Then people hate Christians now and being a Preacher is kind of passe' because evil preachers is really boring but good preachers is also boring. In the 1990's Preachers still had this cool edge, like we still had badass preachers or Christians in media like Boondocks Saints, that one dude from Hellsing, ... I think El Mariachi was a Catholic? I forget anyway it was kind of edgy being a Preacher back then, also there was this certain... Rural Gothic thing in style back then.

Anyway TL:DR I think today that this story is too passe and would have been better as an updated deal where there was this Muslim Preacher in the South and he was trying to convert people by all sorts of nefarious means and make this Mosque and all the assholes who tried to fuck with that would get fucked.

Anyway... Seth Rogan should fuck himself for ruining a cool property.

It gets more viewers than The Simpsons and costs like nothing to make
it's gonna be on for a while

he was in the first 5 minutes of this episode bitch nigga

So? I watched the 3 eps and they are shit.

This is relevant.

Eastern conference finals? Lol

Any social commentary?

>Broadcast vs cable
Broadcast is free so everyone in the country gets it. Cable is paid. Like Netflix.

what sorta ratings is better call saul getting?

Solid 2 mill and above.

nice

Is bad, don´t bother, read the comic instead.

I know, but 1.7 mill is enough for cable?
The show looks expensive

That's a shame. It's the only good AMC show.

Joseph Gilgun is great.

>I've always hated how they just throw shows at the wall hoping that something sticks and keeping those shows on way past their expiration date.
You mean like ever single channel in the history of television?

>Robot Chicken
>Rick and Morty
>Silicon Valley
>Family Guy
>Game of Thrones
These are the ONLY other cable shows which beat Preacher's rating last Sunday.

Why did Negan episode upset so many people?
I don't get it..

Should have been a Netflix show.

It is a discount Ash vs the Evil Dead.

Overall it is 'meh' but I will certainly watch the rest, because judging a show by a few episodes seems a bit harsh.

I watched the preacher... desu i didn't even know it happened until the next day. But still, good point.

It's ok at best. I really like this sort of genre, but it feels lame at times. It's watchable but not memorable.

Don't nah me or my son every again.

Good point, it could still turn itself around.

Wait there is new rick and morty episodes???

all of them dont have the half of budget of Preacher, except GoT

What was walking suns viewer count? Or whatever that awful cop show with the bald white dude after breaking bad that got canned after a season. Low winter sun?

As we've covered in this thread, nobody knows what Preacher's budget is

Damn. I like it for the most part. Seems like things are not moving fast enough. They need to get past this quasi religious bullshit phase asap because that is what is turning people off

even with that, is not small.

That's what Seth gets for trying to go maximum edgy
>dude hueueueueghah what if like we aired it this blasphemous shit on Sunday like when church is heueheeheuhawaw

isn't it on the sme time as Game of Thrones?

I'm still mad about the terrible ending of the comics.

>sunday

kek, I didn´t realized that.

no one cares about DC properties

Vertigo is not DC

this show sucks which is weird because Lucifer and iZombie are so based
Human Target was on point too

iZombie is based on a comic?

>Say goodbye to preacher season 2
good, i'm glad its over

>Cassidy stole the show over main chara
this literally happens in the comic too

Preacher is great. The only complaints ANYONE posts are that it's not true enough to the source material (it's called an adaptation, hello) and Sup Forumsshit about the creators and cast. Simple-minded criticism. Professional critics and the audience at large, on the other hand, love it so far.

Preacher is a good show so far. Not one episode has been bad.

More like, say hello to Preacher being continued on Netflix, so I can binge the whole second season in a day.

Is it any good? I thought episode 1 started kinda boring then I just sort of gave up when they started ranting about men being stupid gurl power thing

weedman pls leave

>say hello to Preacher being continued on Netflix

Why people have the idea that every failed show will be picked/saved by netflix?

>Professional critics and the audience at large, on the other hand, love it so far.

Professional critics just saw the series as a promissing show, based in just the pilot and episode 2... The audience is dropping the show every week, did you read OP´s link?

Why do people have the idea that Preacher is a failed show when it's only three episodes in, has similar ratings to Breaking Bad, is performing well in the key demo, and has excellent word-of-mouth (except for here)?

Breaking Bad ratings also vacillated for its first few seasons, you haven't accounted for the fact that there was a gap between 001 and 002, and you're ignoring the special circumstances during the airing of 003, and you're also forgetting that Game of Thrones is outta here vsn. Did you read the thread? Do you have a working brain?

This is my favourite western comic

I wont be watching this trash though

> Tulip is a nigger

> Nothing to do with the Preacher storyline

> Jesse is a faggot

Really a shame.

This matters most IMO.

The story of the comic was 10/10 storyline

whatever pleb shit they replace it with is never going to match up

At least if you had the fans of the comic on your side they will shill it so hard the plebs will also come

Failed shows are continued in netflix.
Why are you sugesting netflix if this isn´t a failed show?

>excellent word-of-mouth
Where? nobody is talking about the show

goodbye
you were my least favorite shit-tier tv show.

>It´s good?
"no"

Flash, Lucifer, Supergirl, and Arrow would say otherwise.

this is the most stupid and idiotic """"""""""programming"""""""""""" in history.

Why the fuck would you do this?