Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9sfJPIbFuxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apocalypto's sets and props were faker than Waterworld's. Popeye-tier. It ruined the movie and prevents it from ever being considered a masterpiece.

essential melkino

The opposite of this.

Spic here, loved it. We WUZ rape-babies tho.

incorrect
apocalypto happened prior to the events of the taco bell cinematic universe

it's great, better than the majority of cat and mouse or chase movies

Mexican?

I thought it was neat. I was expecting something more epic and grim based on the advertising, but instead got a fun small story, where the stakes are never more than one man and his family.

no

Yeah. Born USA.

Damn, I always wanted to know how Mexicans in Mexico received the movie.

pure kino

Usually CIA air drops or boats from Cuba, but sometimes they watch it on El Netflix.

This. All of the constructs looked extremely false, like something you'd see in an amusement park attraction.

I know there were a bunch of white liberals who said it was racist, cause Mel is literally another Holocaust. I haven't actually heard from anyone who it's supposed to be racist against.

It's a good film, don't see why they wouldn't like it. My family down there are the ones who first showed it to me. The Azteca did some fucked up shit themselves, they weren't total victims of the Spanish. Both were conquerers, one just had the technology and immune system to topple the other. I find it all fascinating.

Look at this utter crap. Totally fake from top to bottom. Looks like a 60s television show. Clean and artificial. Totally unlifelike.

Check out Herzog if you want to see proper jungle movies.

Meh, who cares what they think
I figured Mexicans would appreciate a historical drama based in their country. I wish there were more movies based in the same region and time.

Hollywood garbagio. Laughable props.

Let's not even mention the horribly fake CG.

What does everyone think of the ending with Spaniards arriving across the sea? Technically and aesthetically well done, but do you think Mel was aiming for ominous or something else?

Amazing kino, tbf.

looks like real rock desu

sets and props looked fake so who cares desu

>I have literally never seen a limestone cave

OK, but why did you feel the need to share this information?

Thanks Jew rat.

Please go shill and look for sheckles elsewhere.

In future, maybe reconsider your chosen plan of action before dumping eighteen consecutive shitposts in a perfectly decent thread.

Nigga, the name of the movie IS the twist at the end. It wasn't about those heathens murdering hundreds of people to keep the sun in the sky...Those spaniards WERE the end of their world. That ending kicked my ass. Forever Based Mel

Not an argument.

I wanted more insight into Aztec craziness and desperation. Everything up to the pyramid scene was good if I recall; after that it was just a dumb chase.

I wasn't trying to engage you with an argument, I was suggesting a way to improve your posting etiquette.

If I wanted to engage you in an argument, I'd say that the cave looks like a real cave, the costumes and weapon props look like real Aztec clothes and weapons, and the CGI hasn't aged badly, even if it hasn't aged well.

In my top 10. Probably somewhere around 6 or 7.

More directors should get ostracized from hollywood if this is the result.

Nothing looks lived-in. Several sets and props in Braveheart had the same problem. Gibson sucks at this.

You've never seen Herzog and it's obvious. Thread closed, no one here has anything sensible to say.

Didn't know there were so many Mayan historians here.

oy vey

I WUZ KANGZ
literally my great great great great granddad

CHI
also you have to go back

this really, it's an unexplored time period

I may not have seen much Herzog but I now exactly what you mean and I don't think it matters in the slightest.

If set design is really your biggest gripe about the movie, it stands to reason that you share the same opinion as most other people in the thread; that this movie was great.

Or am I getting that wrong - did you actually have a legitimate complaint?

Mexican here. I really like this movie and everybody that I know feels the same

It's okay. Maybe a top 50 movie. It's just a shame because it could have been much better. Sets and props matter. They matter a lot.

how is the CGI fake?

Really good trailer check it out youtu.be/9sfJPIbFuxw

the designs were fine, what really made me angry was the use of dv cameras

i was a teenager when this movie came out, watched it and didnt think much of it, thought of it as an interesting historical movie about hunter gatherers

keep in mind im not american, and us europeans are not as brainwashed when it comes to white guilt, but when i watched this movie again lately it blew my mind

this movie basically cements the dinesh dsouza argument that the spanish and the british didnt conquer a helpless perfect hippie utopian society and stole all their resources, they conquered sun worshipers who sacrificed people in disturbingly large numbers, and brought them into the 17th century, which i would think most native americans (both south and north) ought to be really fucking happy about

Brilliant ending, kind of like 'Things Fall Apart' - it gets you immersed in the life, troubles and myths of the people but then puts a sudden 'apocalyptic' end to it when a greater civilization arrives.

We know the outcome, so the imagery enough is powerful.