Now that the dust has settled. What does Sup Forums think of American Sniper?

Now that the dust has settled. What does Sup Forums think of American Sniper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

almost really good

it was okay but 13 hours is the superior operatorkino

american propaganda piece glorifying a serial murderer

Awful burgerclap trash.

I enjoyed it. Sienna Miller is lovely
>muh must mention politics
jog on babies

Don't you have a Macklemore concert to go to?

Hot garbage glorifying a liar.

I don't know why both libs and conservatives think it's a pro-war movie, it did a really good job of showing how fucking horrible it is and how it fucks peoples heads up, bravo eastwood

In the end it is a failure because the guy was a liar and a fraud.

The parts where she is literally calling his cell phone while he is sniping niggas is undoubtedly the worst parts of the movie.

>tips soda cap

Fuck off, yuroshit. There's literally nothing wrong with patriotism.

>it fucks peoples heads up

I wonder how much of that comes from how cynical modern American military operations tend to be as opposed to say... WW2 where the "good vs evil", "making the world safe for democracy" rhetoric is easy to swallow. The cause was near and dear to the hearts of most of the combatants. The goal was clear & in sight.

As opposed to say... Iraq & Afghanistan which was always just a clusterfuck with no end in sight and the reasons that it was sold to us for seem thin & unsatisfying.

Hitler said the same thing.

I'm european and I liked it, he seemed like a based guy

It isn't a pro-war movie. That's the problem people have with it. The real Chris Kyle was a cunt who enjoyed his time served on a nearly psychopathic level, yet in this film he was portrayed as a troubled war hero doing whatever it took to fight for his country.

That's just the criticism though. I didn't read his autobiography so I don't know if he was really a good person or not, but that's just what they say. I think removed from reality or viewed as fiction this was a great movie and Cooper did an excellent job. Its just that it conflicts politically with the truth that people have an issue with

Terrorists your game is through, 'cause now you have to answer to MURICA!

>Also this gif is pretty nice example of cruel irony topkek

youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

The moment in the end when the sniper (whatever his name is I'm not american) is holding a gun against her wife just for laughs is one of the tensest moments I've seen in film, Eastwood really knows his shit.

Overall, I feel that structuring this film in a set of rounds against a "honorable rival" contradicts the purposes of the film, but it's overall interesting and a good take on the inevitable pointlessness of war.

He looks like Ricky from TPB in that poster.

Probably Clint's weakest film.

Redneck pandering. Chris Kyle was a shithead and a liar who capitalized on weak country bumpkins who need to believe in the army cause they'll never get into college.

then he made fun of a psycho he was tasked with babysitting at a gun range and the guy shot him in the fucking back.

yep nothing wrong. But this movie is sucks and chris too

It was pretty shit. 16 year old cod players love it though

I think it misled americans into thinking Chris Kyle was the best sniper in HISTORY and not just US history.

Longest ever kill shot belongs to British soldier in Afghanistan.

Reddit, stop using this argument

>Hitler said the same thing
Hitler was a half-Semitic,sterile,unsuccessful painter of a megalomaniac who was also shit at listening to his generals and being historically literate,different case.And there is nothing wrong with patriotism(this comes from a fellow European).

To be fair, its illegal to be patriotic in most European countries.

>try to have a thread discussing a film
>it's instantly derailed by Sup Forums

Don't you bitter virgins have something better to do than be angry 24/7?

Hitler was a vegetarian

>it's instantly derailed by reddit

I never brought politics into thispost. How about you stop false flagging anyone who insults your shit movie as Sup Forums? And yes, American Sniper is a shit movie that's poorly made and inconsistent