Deep Sea Movies

Why aren't there more movies about deep sea diving. Would make a good horror movie.

For example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident

>Coward, Lucas, and Bergersen were exposed to the effects of explosive decompression and died in the positions indicated by the diagram. Subsequent investigation by forensic pathologists determined Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) in diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered, including bisection of the thoracoabdominal cavity which further resulted in expulsion of all internal organs of the chest and abdomen except the trachea and a section of small intestine and of the thoracic spine and projecting them some distance, one section later being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPLXXkoBUMc
scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/1970217/body-dissolved-man-ignores-rules-and-falls-acidic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_Spring#History
snopes.com/horrors/freakish/hotspring.asp
youtu.be/t3XG6p3BFro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The abyss

Leviathan

FUCK THAT SIGN TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO.

like they wanted to tell every random diver "go and check this awesome cave"

FUCK

NOW I HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS FUCKING CAVE

That's a nice sign

Is it factual?

There's totally treasure inside that cave.
Nice Try, Sign.

Fucking Loch Ness monster next to his horde of tree fiddy

Deep Blue Sea
Black Sea

>youtube.com/watch?v=EPLXXkoBUMc

I'm glad horrible caves like this exist so morons can remove themselves from the gene pool.

why would you go past the end of the big slide. How would you get out of Vein Alley?

/r/ing the shooped version of that pic

was this the guy who was left because the rescue team felt they'd rip his leg off and he'd die anyway?

that was on terrain though, still fucking terrifying

No, he died before they could get him out. They could not retrieve the body so they just sealed the tunnel.

Body's still there.

Waiting.

DRRR...DRRRR....DRRRR

Yes, he would have died from shock if they tried to pull him out, so they let him die in there instead.

NOPE.AVI

this kills the man

not terribly good
i'm sure you already know about it op

kek. thanks

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS THERES LITERALLY NO REASON FOR IT!?

there will be faggots out there is treat this as some extreme sport, it's not a hobby it's not epic adventure, it's fucking gay and pointless. I'm glad they die, I'd piss down that hole if I ever came near it.

they could find something more original for the titles desu

2edgy4me

it is pointless, and they're well aware of the risk but why do "rescue volunteers" exist?

because your own little slice of reality aside, people in this life work outside of their own sphere

Yeah. I recommend Black Sea if you like grime films. It's about a bunch of skint British lads post recession hiring a small sub and some Russian crew and trying to find lost Nazi gold. Sounds adventurous but its pretty dark

The ocean is definitely a lot more horrifying than something like space, especially with how little of it we've discovered and it's only a small percentage, very small.

cowardly Sup Forums neckbeard detected. guess there's one thing you don't have to worry about, being too fat to fit in the cave in the first place.

Salutations Reddit Nation

>The ocean is definitely a lot more horrifying than something like space
>especially with how little of it we've discovered and it's only a small percentage, very small.

now this is redditposting

ARGGHH NO. NO. NO. NO.

hes right tho

space is far more terrifying considering vacuums, radiation, how it has IMMENSE pressure/compression that would make hadal depths seem ticklish

the ocean and space are quite similar in my eyes - as I want no fucking part in either of their machinations

scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/1970217/body-dissolved-man-ignores-rules-and-falls-acidic

Body dissolved: man ignores rules and falls into acidic hot spring at Yellowstone, leaving ‘no remains to recover’

Rangers suspended their attempts on Wednesday to recover the body of a man who wandered from a designated boardwalk and fell into an acidic hot spring at Yellowstone National Park, another in a string of incidents raising concerns over visitor behaviour.

“They were able to recover a few personal effects,” park spokeswoman Charissa Reid said. “There were no remains left to recover.”

Colin Nathaniel Scott, 23, of Portland, was with his sister and had travelled about 200 metres off the boardwalk on Tuesday when he slipped and fell into the hot spring in the Norris Geyser Basin, park officials said.

After Scott’s sister reported the fall, rangers navigated over the highly-fragile crust of the geyser basin to try to recover his body. They halted the effort Wednesday “due to the extreme nature and futility of it all,” Reid said, referring to the high temperature and acidic nature of the spring.

The death occurred in one of the hottest and most volatile areas of Yellowstone. It follows high-profile incidents at the rugged park in which tourists got too close to wildlife or went off designated pathways onto unique landmarks, sometimes leading to injuries.

“It’s sort of dumb, if I could be so blunt, to walk off the boardwalks not knowing what you’re doing,” said Kenneth Sims, a University of Wyoming geology professor and member of the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.

“They’re scofflaws essentially, who look around and then head off the boardwalk,” he added.

but we've discovered far less of space

imagine all the planets out there, with more oceans for example.

Space is infinity more dangerous, just being there erodes your health constantly even with all the life support and comforts available. The ocean is just more horrifying because you can see shit whereas space is a whole lot of nothing

Caving is fun, damn it.

Max Landis already wrote a script

>that brief moment where he hits the pool and all of his skin is immediately burnt off his body, followed by muscle tissue and fat
How long do you think he lived? How much of it did he feel?

What do you think his last thoughts were?

>wow this is a lot warmer than i anticipated

I hope it was fucking quick. Jesus Christ.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_Spring#History

>The cave has been a controversial aspect of the spring. During the early 1990s, 13 divers died exploring it. The state threatened to ban diving near cave entrances; divers responded by developing a cave diving certification and erecting a locked gate to bar entrance to all but those who had earned it.[1]

>In 2010, Ben McDaniel, a diver who had apparently been exploring the cave by surpassing the gate due to his lack of cave certification, did not resurface after an employee let him through it one evening. It was initially assumed that he had died, but extensive searches did not find his body or any sign that one was present, just some oddly placed and filled air tanks. It has been speculated that his body was disposed of somewhere else, that he was murdered (especially after the similarly suspicious death of owner Lowell Kelly late the following year) or that he even staged the disappearance to start a new life free from the many personal problems he had been having.[1][2] In 2012, another diver died in the cave, believed by those who recovered him to have been motivated by a reward offered by McDaniel's parents, which they rescinded afterwards.[3]

They are probably doing this because they want to feel like they're inside of their mother's womb again.

>quick
>getting killed by whats essentially a acid bath

mate.

fuck i've literally had nightmares where i could only hold my head like that and couldn't move

it freaked me out

and these people do it for pleasure

had some pretty horrific tales from that stuff,

snopes.com/horrors/freakish/hotspring.asp

what killed him. the boiling water, or the acid?

I understand that going into a cave to explore in silence can be attractive to many. But this is just bad self presenvation instincts. In su a narrow space it can be literally impossible to get out of some.holes, despite the relative ease with which one can get inside.

He shoukd have been left to rot, instead of spending resources on saving him.

Both.

it's a active hotzone, water so hot it vaporizes skin on contact

I think we've discovered more of the ocean than we have of space.

>yfw Venus is so hot and pressurized that probes sent to it last less than 1 minute once they reach the surface

How many Indians accidentally killed themselves in Yellowstone? They had millennia to experiment with this shit

security cam footage

Thank god it probably went a lot faster than that

He probably died before he even understood what happened

>caving is fun

Weird Science really got out of hand

Abu Hajaar ?

Poo in the cave.

>Mr Bean's Caving Adventure

>it's a Teddie gets stuck in a cave episode

>mfw not with ISIS

a jolly ramadan to you anons

fuck me i chuckled

probably woke up my dad

nope, nope, nope
also, Descent is great speleology horror. IMHO the scariest scene is when one of main heroines gets stuck several hundreds (?) meters under ground without any chance for help. It was way more terrifying thanmonsters

he died very quickly because of massive shock at least I choose to believe so

Triggered, I once got stuck under a house in the foundations after my partner, who was basically supposed to pull me out got a phone about his kid being in an accident and took off and forgot to call someone else to get me out. 3 fucking hours i was down there.

cunt.

They're pain in the ass to shoot. Complicated, expensive, dangerous, stressful, even in studio locations. In sea all your problems just get even worse and they're worsened by changing weather conditions.

Alien Resurrection had like that 4 minute underwater sequence and they filmed it for week. They couldn't change the water for some reason (probably money) so by the end of the shoot it was really contaminated and the divers and actors etc. got eye infections etc. from the water. Winona Ryder barely knew how to swim when they started prepping for the scene with the diving instructors.

James Cameron almost died when he was making the Abyss. That movie went weeks and weeks over schedule because of the underwater scenes. Every cast and crew member was miserable. I think Ed Harris or some other actor almost drowned too when they filmed it.

I can only assume he "passed out" and his nerve endings burnt off in seconds.

after a few unimaginably painful few seconds he probably just blacked out and then melted.

Danny Devito almost drowned in that fucking always sunny in Philadelphia season 11 final, they actually had to tie him down for the scene or he just floated and he apparently panicked at one point and was thrashing around and they struggled to get the tie off

Yo fuck national parks man, crazy happenings going on there. Anyone ever read Missing 411?

This is terrifying. I feel sick just seeing these morons.

>white people.

yeah this

even spending 10+ hours on a regular movie set indoors can be quite exhausting. i cannot even fathom what the abyss experience was like, hell of a movie though.

>They couldn't change the water for some reason (probably money) so by the end of the shoot it was really contaminated

Why didn't they just chlorinate the water?

"The stupid cunt deserved it." - Professor of Geology University of Wyoming

>The underwater scenes took three weeks to film.

>The underwater segment was shot on a specially constructed sound stage on the Fox lot, which was converted into a permanent water-tank. It took nearly a week to fill it with water.

>Milk had to be added to the underwater set as the water was simply too transparent to be convincing.

>The actors were subjected to about 15 underwater training sessions in swimming pools around the Los Angeles area before arriving at the underwater set where they underwent a further 2 weeks of training before anything was shot. Sigourney Weaver missed most of this because she had been appearing in a play on Broadway just prior to filming.

>Actor Ron Perlman nearly drowned while filming the underwater sequence. At one point, when trying to surface, he hit his head on a sprinkler in the ceiling, knocking him out cold. He was rescued by nearby film crew members.

>The underwater sequence marked the first time that Winona Ryder had gone underwater since a near-drowning incident that happened to her when she was 12 years old. The actress suffered a complete anxiety attack on the first day of filming in the underwater set.

These are from IMDB but I remember them from the Quadrilogy making of documentaries so they should be legit. I might be mistaken, so don't quote me on this, but I think they mostly got eye infections etc. because the water was full of milk and apparently the divers etc. peed in the water as well, would have taken too much time to take piss breaks.

I thought pol was for """""""racist"""""" things, I said this tiny hole exploring was fucking gay and pointless.

??????

these are the type of incidents I'd love to watch via a video.

do this sick fucks want to go back inside their mothers something?

doing this should be called oedapiusexploring

Here's the video
youtu.be/t3XG6p3BFro
I could spend all day watching Quadrilogy extras, so comfy

Don't think piss in water would do that m8, especially in a tank so large it took a week to fill

wait you being serious? I'm on mobile what is this. Link to original?

nvm

adding of milk seems like terrible idea

ur dum

rude

My bad man, having a bad week. Have a good one

There's a really good chance that one of Jupiter's moons, Europa, has a full-planet ocean way deeper than ours underneath its surface ice. It's volcanically active, too, which means it could harbor forms of deep-sea life just like ours does.

The truth is out there. And it's got massive fucking teeth.

Based Professor Sims telling it like it is