Given the right armour and weapons, how many Boltons could Wun Wun take on?

Given the right armour and weapons, how many Boltons could Wun Wun take on?

Why don't they just give him a massive bow and set him hundreds of meters back, and let him snipe the Bolton army with branch-sized arrows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQ0VMHK0Ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He'll either die instantly or take out like fifty of them, the writers will decide.

Why not just give him an armored mammoth and dress him in full chainmail making him a Cataphract?

Pretty sure 20 good men could take him down.

he'll die due to expensive cg

giants are half blind and hodor or victarion levels of intelligence.

But how will they spend the saved budget? A "cock" Tyrion Scene, or another 5 second shot of Drogon?

Yeah, they could have him do that. They could even have him single out Ramsay and snipe him. Then again I don't know if Wun Wun is a skilled archer like the ones we saw attacking the Wall.

It's all moot because D&D will want him to swat a bunch of horsemen with a big log again before tragically dying to a billion spears thrown at him at once.

:(. There must be something about Winterfell that just makes the attackers plan like retards (Stannis, Jon)

Give him full chain and plate armour, with a Trident and weighted net, gladiator style. He could just bladestorm and fuck everyone up

but 20 good men will be busy fighting 62 proud men

>how many Boltons could Wun Wun take on?
I don't know, but we'll find out next episode.

> 300 AD
> No weapons
> Please tell me you still don't do this?

Fuck, there's just so many weapons they could give him as to be overpowered as fuck, he could literally just cheese the whole battle by throwing rocks.

the mountain is unkillable, giant will be easily killed.

fuck.

Is the entire episode the battle between Ramsay and Jesus ?

>just runs in with his bare hands
Holy shit man

Wun Wun is the only thing they have going for them in this battle and he's just going to jog at a them.

You'd think the NW would be sticking every piece of armor plating they could find onto him to turn him into a living battering ram. Melted down pots, breastplates, a car door, fucking everything.
Whatever happened to that retarded Scythe that they used on the wall climbers? I bet they could have broken that down and turned it into a nice weapon for him.

He dies due to Ramsay shooting him in the eye. The leaks say it

>Dress him in chainmail
>Have him roll on his side over the Bolton army

Literally unstoppable

If that happens I will kill myself. Screenshot this

>Archers front
>Calvary mid
>Vanguard back

Wait what? Is this why I keep losing total war hammer battles?

> Jon's literal second in command
> No one could find ANY armour for him

man it would be great if they flay him alive

tbqhwyfams

Yeah, don't you know Vanguard comes from the French word for back?

Viking trope. Armour is for weaklings lol.

>>Jon's literal second in command

Can see like 3 helmets in that picture. If Jon doesn't lose it will be insane

>Wun Wun could turn the tide of the battle if they just gave him some gear
>instead he's going to step on a few horses before Ramsay Sue kills him in some retarded manner

>Only bit of armour he has is around his neck

The wildlings are not wearing any helmets.

Literally the only ways this thing can pan out

Ramsay shoots him in the eye with an arrow
Ramsay takes off his shirt, pulls two daggers, and climbs up Wun Wun's back like Kratos

it's an ancient technique

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQ0VMHK0Ec

kek, and in the next frame all the horses are gone and the bolton men atack him on foot.

Bolton animals do that alot.

10/10

No, vikings are known for using armor, helmets and shield.

Going without armor is more like a fantasy genre barbarian trope.

Remember those armored trolls that busted through the gate and started wrecking shit in the Lord of the Rings?

Why didn't D&D take a note from that?

62 proud men are each equal to 10 mainlanders.

the question is. can 20 good men combat the equivalent of 620 mainlanders

Wildling have enough clothes to call it light armor. I'll give you the helmets though.

He should use an axe or a warhammer. Imagine him spinning around like a tornado using a huge iron box on a stick, sending Bolton troops flying left and right like motherfucking Sauron in The Fellowship.

>5 second shot of Drogon

I liked last episodes cost saving measure of having people in a room react to something on the roof, then having Dany enter a room.

See, it makes you think the dragon was there.

Cost 0 CGI dollaridoos.

Another win by D&D.

>it makes you think the dragon was there.
you could see the dragon flying away behind her

>dat formation

HAHAHAAAAA have these people even seen one youtube video about medieval combat?

If a giant came running at a real army in that era then he would have a shitload of arrow all over his body and face before he ever gets to them.

If you really want to complain about people not wearing armor, remember that the main characters almost never wear helmets in combat.
>Brienne is wearing full plate but no helmet, the most important piece of armor of all
>Hound hasn't worn his awesome Hound helmet since season 1
I know, I know. The directors said the helmets had to go because you can't see as much of the facial expressions with characters wearing them.

Interesting. If you could choose, would you rather have historical accuracy / common sense, or be able to see facial expressions in battle?

>Cavalry behind archers

I can't see any reason to do this

Horses would be scared by overhead fire :^)

If the actors had any physical chops you wouldn't need to see their face because their stance and movement would tell you what they were feeling, but they never do.

I don't really mind the lack of helmets. Just pointing out that there may be practical reasons for other decisions on armor as well.

jesus christ please kill yourself. helmets would be retarded no matter the skill level of the actor.

not even jon has armour

>he dies
>there are no more giants in Westeros

someone in another thread made a sadbuttrue observation that Wun Wun will certainly die to free up CGI money

Why do mods never enforce the "no spoiler" rule in these threads?
Like, why should I even watch the episode if people spoil it for me? I don't watch previews for that very reason btw.

Nothing beats 20 good Bolton men.

THE FUCKING EPISODE IS CALLED THE BATTLE OF BASTARDS. It's fucking obvious the fight in the north will happen this episode, the fucking buildup has been from season 5, are you kidding me?

i think you should expect it by now.

Lol
>victarion levels of intelligent

Ramsay is one of the last few characters who aren't retarded so the giant will be one of the first to go down.

Why are they being so stingy with CGI now? Is this not the most watched show on television at the moment?

ur a faget

Well ramsay and Jon aren't the only bastards. Tommen is one too, and the sand snakes are too. So mayb they will fight but now I know it's Jon because it was spoilt

rly bro.. rly? the armies are fucking ready.

>on Sup Forums
>complaining about spoilers
What did you mean by this?

It's still a TV show, not even half the budget a normal blockbuster movie has. and CGI is really really expensive, and honestly, GOT cgi is one of the best, if not the best CGI created, ever. It's the best cgi in a television show, without a doubt.

it's MGI

the nigthts watch arnt attacking winterfell and are sworn not to

Wun Wun vs 20 Good Men

Who wins?

>NW are outnumbered, and they know it.
>Ramsay threatens to attack them in their (at least somewhat) fortified position
> Better meet them on the open field :)

It's not about how many, it's about for how long.

I don't think you can kill a giant with normal weapons. You need to use physics to kill him, like make something heavy fall on him.

To hold all his flesh together in that shape, his skin must be way, way thicker and leathery than our skin. Slashing weapons will only cause flesh wounds, and getting to his neck would prove difficult, if he doesn't want you to.

If you get too close to him and he's not overburden, you're done, whether you are on horse or armored, or whatever.

The reason giants are dissapearing at the time of ASOIAF is probably because they have a hard time coming up with all the calories they need. Some people think Neanderthal needed more calorie than us to get through a day and that played a part in his extinction. If Dorne was a winter region and the North a tropical one, I doubt the first men would have ever been able to settle.

Twendy Godmin is a fucking hyped up twat.

No, but it's in their best interests to help turn the tide of the battle. The whole reason the wildlings were let through is because none of the lords south of the Wall believe anything the NW has to say and they need more hands.

Now that Ramsay is coming to fuck everything up for everyone, you'd think the Watch as led by fucking Edd would help gear up their giant.

It would be cool if there was a knight that wore his helmet 100% of the time, the kind that doesn't show a single part of his face. I like shit like that.

Norton played a whole fucking movie with a mask on his face and these hacks can't even dress the already established characters in helmets for a 2 minutes scene of a battle. I can't take this seriously anymore.

shit, meant to quote this

Why don't they just fire shitton of arrows at him?

Do you think arrows will be able to get through his ~ 6 inch thick hide armour, let alone his skin and fat?

Not the homo you're responding to, but Fassbender did an excellent job conveying emotions in Frank with his head covered practically the entire movie.

They surely must have some kind of siege weapons.
I think a rock fired from a catapult should crush him easily or at least incapacitate him.

Leading an army wearing nothing but low tier leather armor

>Why don't they just give him a massive bow and set him hundreds of meters back
Because the same amount of destruction could be achieved with a catapult manned by 5-6 men. Having a giant on the front line boost your moral and lower your enemies. Armored around his neck/chest/head and with support he could probably kill 100 men.

Because they are there in reserves, you send them in after the other army tries to out maneuver you.

I don't think they do? They didn't use any during Stannis's siege, and Ramsay is a notoriously stupid battle commander.

Just armor him up and he can stomp around and singlehandly win the battle.

They will probably make the whole thing about how Ramsay suffers from delusions of grandeur because they knocked out Stannis worn out troops.

Ramsay is a good small unit commander, but he's not the type who should command big league armies this will most likely be his bane.

He knows melisandre can revive him.

Wun is practical effects tho.

Just chop down a couple of trees, bind them together, make a siege tower, and just fucking put Wun in the middle of it.

In the book, yes. Not in the show.

>this will most likely be his bane.

It's all coming together now.

That's why we are talking about a fucking armor, you retard.

If I pull that cock off with you die?

>will

but a good archer, like Legolas, can put an arrow through any eye slits