Mad Max: Fury Road is the single most overrated movie I have ever seen

Mad Max: Fury Road is the single most overrated movie I have ever seen
The story was basically non existent. I read people saying it had the best story and it was deep and stuff but it was literally they go from point A to point B then drive all the way back to A

The acting was okay at best. Charlize Theron was the best out of them all. I was quite disappointed with Tom Hardy as Max as he had no development and he just seemed to grunt and mumble his way through the film. Nux was okay although I hated that they had to throw in the obligatory romance with one of the slaves

Now , I like a film with action but for some reason I was getting bored by the action by the 1 hour mark. There was just too much in one go. Everyone gives out about Marvel being nothing but action films but at least they give the film time to breathe after an action scene . I do have to say that the action in Mad Max was well thought out and exciting at times

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/07/22/why-is-mad-max-fury-road-a-hit-while-terminator-genisys-is-a-flop/#58eee4e12c9a
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow.

Reddit: The Movie was bad.

>I read people saying it had the best story and it was deep
No you fucking didn't

yeah, capeshit is much better than fury road

0/10 get a brain

>but it was literally they go from point A to point B then drive all the way back to A

i just love how retards get all confused by the fact that the story of this movie happens in a setting thats on the move.

somehow their brains shut down and they think that the setting IS the story. Nevermind that plot involving Max turning from a hostile crazy man to a protector, the other characters warming up to him and even protecting him at the potential cost of their lifes, the romance sub-plot, Furiosas plan and her failing etc...

>Nevermind that plot involving Max turning from a hostile crazy man to a protector
That's character development, not a plot. HOW this happens, it's plot. And it was achieved by two lines of dialogue and some hallucinations.

>the romance sub-plot
That's plot, and shit forced plot, we all know romance sub-plots in action movies are there to drag some female asses to the theater. If you care about that you are a gay human male.

>Furiosas plan and her failing
That's actual plot.

OP may be wrong on some points, but is not as blind as you are.

>I read people saying it had the best story and it was deep and stuff
Literally no-one said that you colossal faggot

No one has ever said this had a deep story and you know it.

Go be an edgy contrarian at Sup Forums or some shit.

This is all true. Fuck that movie, it's garbage.

>all this tryhard bait

Agreed, not to mention the colour grading was shit.

>I read people saying it had the best story and it was deep and stuff

It was a great showcase of action scenes.
Miller really knows his shit.
But the story was just an endless car chase.
It's like they took the best scene of the original Mad Max series (the car chase in the Road Warrior) and made a movie out of it.
And the main characters are boring and uninteresting. The over the top graphic villains were a lot better.

THIS. This film was such a let down.

The first 5 minutes were clearly the movies best part

Any other fans of the first one here? It's got the best car chases as well as scenes which aren't just preludes to more car chases.

The big names in Fury Road were mumbly and boring and didn't even sound Australian, I was really disappointed by them. The smaller parts like the warboys felt a lot better but Charlize Theron kind of hurt to watch. What the hell was she doing with her voice? Was it meant to be an accent? It just sounded like she just dropped half an octave and settled on that.

And the chases had too much emphasis on stuff happening inside the vehicles, like people fumbling to grab shit or punch each other, and too many explosions, which aren't entertaining after you've seen 10 of them in the last minute. The first movie got by with normal cars on freeways going really fast, all the exploding circus stuff just felt like empty clutter. It's technically impressive what they did but Fury Road is one of the most empty movies I think has ever been acclaimed by critics and general audiences. Not as shameful as people liking Interstellar but still disappointing.

Me and my boyfriend went out of our way to see this in theaters because we like the second one a lot and the others were good movies. We rarely go to our movie theater because it's a very small town and it's always crowded and full of rowdy people. We were really disappointed by it, for all the reasons listed. One thing I would like to add is how self-congratulatory the film is. During certain action scenes, I swear I felt like I was watching an Oscar reel of a good example of an action scene, or some sort of workshop class, or demo reel. Something about the music felt oddly specific and self-rewarding. It was really off-putting. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that there was minimal plot, I think that can work beautifully, but the problem with the lack of plot in Fury Road is that it goes for big, dramatic, theatric, greek tragic moments. The main example being Furiosa falling to her knees and wailing into the sky. It doesn't feel earned, it almost feels comic. The Lion King earned its tragedy more than Fury Road, which didn't need to even try to be anything else but some cool action scenes and a distinct setting. If they wanted more than that, they should've put way more out than we got story-wise.

>action comedy "feels comic"

The sentence where I used the word 'comic' wasn't referring to a scene attempting to be comedy.

The movie is all style, no substance. It's nothing else but one big action scene. And yeah the action scene is really great but there's nothing behind it, no motive no nothing no reason. Not one character has personality, including, and this makes the least sense, Max, he is just some guy in chains who wants to get out of them and grunts while doing it.
The main bad guy makes no sense, half his crew make no sense.
In road warrior you had this sick, burned out society of emotional and mental freaks preying on the few remaining, at least partially, sane people trying to get by, here you you just have freaks for the sake shock, action for the sake of action.

>Nevermind that plot involving Max turning from a hostile crazy man to a protector, the other characters warming up to him and even protecting him

That's road warrior you are talking about...oh wait.

Having a bare bones story is a good thing, action movies get boring as fuck when they try to build up some generic plot about a bomb that's going to destroy new york for the trillionth time.

first one is the best. true patricians know this.

>In road warrior you had this sick, burned out society of emotional and mental freaks preying on the few remaining, at least partially, sane people trying to get by, here you you just have freaks for the sake shock, action for the sake of action.
spot on.
Also, hardy was really really weak as max. by far his worst acting.

>I'm right, they're wrong

When you hear that a film is good, try to first understand it. Don't automatically think that you are right and somehow everyone else is wrong. Also, your points are fucking horrible. If you're serious, get some taste.

you are right. they also totally disregarded the lore and themes in the original trilogy. fuck this movie.
thank god it bombed and lost the studio millions.

>charlize theron was the best

opinion discarded

movie for cave trolls

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/07/22/why-is-mad-max-fury-road-a-hit-while-terminator-genisys-is-a-flop/#58eee4e12c9a

and remember OP, like all the cuck fanboys that you just triggered here will tell you : it was so not feminist at all

it lost millions cuck :)

> The story was basically non existent
Implying a lot of the greatest Arthouse films don't do exactly this

> Tom Hardy as Max as he had no development and he just seemed to grunt and mumble his way through the film.

Being so pleb and retarded you don't realise there's more to acting than reciting words someone else wrote down

> obligatory romance with one of the slaves

Yeah that was a useless as fuck subplot it felt like they put it in because they needed a reason for him to sacrifice himself but he was already willing to do that at the start of the film anyway

> getting bored by the action by the 1 hour mark.

Fair enough I agree I don't really care for car chases desu alrtho in this case the action was well shot in the sense that the geography of the scene was really clear, you knew were you / the camera and the other actors / cars were at all times which is harder to do than it seems

>Marvel being nothing but action films but at least they give the film time to breathe after an action scene

True but I found Mad Max's action was executed better / a bit more inventive

>Mad Max was well thought out...

Yeah my favorite part was actually the look / design of everything in the world were serious consideration went into every minor detail of the world

Watched 1, 2, and 3 yesterday and today. After Thunder dome I started Fury Road and literally couldn't continue after 5 minutes.

It's garbage in story, in atmosphere, in character, in special effects, in setting, in everything

Welcome to the internet faggot

> If you care about that you are a gay human male.

Wanna know how I know you're a teenager?

It was a 10/10 flick. Just because it wasn't kino doesn't mean it wasn't great entertainment.

You are not the only one thinking this nigger.
Something happened in between people having a bran,marketing,trolling and contrarians.
Most of the people agree that the movie was pure shit.

Could you be any more of an autist? You need all the plot points listed to understand that this movie has a story just as complex as any other action movie? Characters get introduced, meet, fight, change alliances, get into trouble, get help, die, become heroes etc... the only difference to your generic hollywood action flick is that they dont find clues to where the bomb is at the end of every action-scene.

This seems to confuse retards.

kek

>The story was basically non existent.
Stopped reading there

OP is correct obviously, but the best thing to do is not talk about it.

The movie had the most obvious paid reviews ever and also a substantial online marketing campaign. The best way to fight back with that kind of bullshit is not participate.

autism alert

This is autims, if you dont like fury road, you probably are some contrarian kid who doesnt like anything

>simple plot = bad plot
lol, nope