ITT: Movies Rotten Tomatoes were completely wrong about. Warcrafy was a very good and entertaining fantasy movie

ITT: Movies Rotten Tomatoes were completely wrong about. Warcrafy was a very good and entertaining fantasy movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/6R4V
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder that Gul'dan did nothing wrong.

I thought it was pretty good, went with 3 people 1 guys and 2 girls with only me knowing anythig, all 3 of them liked it and ubderstood te plot without any background knowledge.

How did this bomb so badly? I didn't expect it to pull Disney money, but it's not even going to make $60 million domestic.

I really enjoyed it. I'm a WOW fan though...so I guess my opinion is invalid.

>52%

Is that a cutscene for the new xpac?

Gods of Egypt was more fun than Civil War

The CGI was good in the movie, cut it out.

This movie was objectively better than Avatar. Yet had it been called Avatar 0, the beginning reviewers would have orgasmed over and over on this thing

t. retard

I don't understand why this has 91%. It's just...an odd film.

t. contrarian
Keep your reddit memes to yourself kid

vid.me/6R4V

anyone have a gif of Gul'dan disrobing showing off his girth?

Based as fuck

anyone have an hd link

I saw it today. I actually really enjoyed it. I'm surprised how good the CGI was desu. The Gul'dan fight scene was pretty incredible.

That's not the Garona lore, though is it? they changed it slightly? I remember in-game it is shown Garona murders Lane in SW? Can some lore-buff explain, pls? Did it deviate some?

>did it deviate some

It deviated a lot.

While people like to show off the RT and metacritic scores, they often omit the important scores.

Care to elaborate? I don't think Medivh dies in lore, right? Or does he? He is a ghost in both Black Morass/Karazhan, and he was in BC. Is he killed by Lothar? Is Lothar made king?

I really didn't mind it. Some deviation keeps the story fresh. Like giving garona actual motivation to killing the king rather than going for the boring 'she was mind controlled' angle was a welcome change. There are a lot of other things I know, but overall it's the same story and just as epic. I look forward to more.

I see two meaningful scores and two scores that are open to manipulation by dedicated people. A practice that has been standard for just about every movie with a decent marketing budget produced in the last decade.

Unfortunately it's bombing in the U.S. Not sure it'll get another even despite China

It was kinda entertaining but it wasn't good.

You're the contrarian.

FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
>FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE
>FUCK OFF SHILL BLIZZDRONE

The critics were almost on point with how bad the movie was (and I didn't read any reviews until after I saw it)

-Horrible acting from several main cast members
-One of the worst editing jobs I've ever seen
-Terrible ham-fisted father son relationship that no one cared about
-Abysmal script ("I saw you in the library" being one of the prime examples)
-Plot where barely anything happens for the whole movie

There is no conspiracy, this movie was BAD. A real shame too because there were moments of excellence, particularly Gul-dan vs Durotar which was easily the best scene in the movie.

I had to re-torrent and install WC3 just to get the rape out of my head. I want my six bucks back

None of that happens yet. This movie actually covers very little considering the whole story. So stormwind doesnt get sacked... yet. That will likely happen on the next movie.

>without humans: 9/10
>as is: 5/10
And the thing that sucks is that this is actually a very high quality fantasy movie, the genre is just that fucking bad.

fuck you

Fuck I just hope they make more. I thought it was a solid first try desu.

Blizzard has the best shill force for real

Definitely. It broke records in china. Sequels are being made for much less.

people are plebs

No doubt this.

This

>butchered warcraft lore to give the alliance a fistpump in what is literally the only victory the Horde every has in conquering stormwind
>Orgrim a fucking frostwolf
>Garona not stabbing Llane during the siege of Stormwind to destroy the human's morale
>actual garbage lines like "For my son!"

The only part I thoroughly enjoyed was seeing Grom, Kargath, and Ner'zhul in the background. Everything else was disgusting. Can you tell which side I play?

FEL THE HUMANS

RACE WAR NOW

It broke one record from china. Midnight opening. It did not break opening day. It did not break 2 day. It did not break 3 day. It did not break 4 day. Box office from monday was 7m. Box office from tuesday was 6m. They didn't even bother to report box office from wednesday.

>Warcraft has a worse critic score than Conjuring 2

>and Ner'zhul in the background.

... wasn't ner'zhul a warchief at one point? Before trying to go against the burning legion, causing the powers that be to repurpose him for a role more suited to his talents and history?

Buttmad Horde fanboy detected. Point at him and laugh, my Alliance brethren.

The movie was terrible and I couldn't understand any of it. Thats why it flopped. Next time make a movie that people who don't play the games can understand.

>derivative adaptation
REALLY A DERIVATIVE ADAPTATION?
if someone said to me, "gee, L i think this movie is a derivative adaptation of x" i'd fucking punch him and then i'd go and punch his mother for raising such ninny

Even as a Warcraft lore nerd, I have to admit the film was difficult to follow. There is virtually no exposition on anything other than character relationships. Someone who doesn't know the game wouldn't know what they're talking about 2/3 times. From the start, it just seemed like a rush to the battles.

that should impress upon yo how derivative warcraft is.

I just got back from seeing it with my gf who has never played Warcraft games, only seen the WoW trailers I showed her on Youtube. We both really enjoyed it. It was a pretty solid movie and honestly the effects blended well, much more than the still images we saw early

My 79 year old grandmother understood it and could follow everything.
Maybe you're just an idiot?

>Wanting needless exposition

Did you pay attention to the dialogue? They alluded to plenty of shit and explained it if you paid attention and had a functioning mind.

It's your lmao

>I started playing since WOD

Btw; that wasn't Ner'zhul, it was Kilrogg Deadeye

Should I see the 3d version?

Your 79 year old grandmother doesn't want to say bad things about a movie your autistic ass seemed excited about.

They did not name a single other kingdom besides Azeroth in the show, yet had the king arguing with a room full of people. The only people the audience knows in that room are the Dwarves, and that is very vaguely. I was trying to figure out who any of them were supposed to be and I didn't see anything indicating any positions or relation to Azeroth. Maybe they were vassals of Azeroth, maybe they were kingdoms, who fucking knows because they said nothing about it.

Why did some Orcs already have the fel and some didn't? Gul'dan says he would give the gift to the rest of the Horde when they poured through but why didn't he give it to everyone who was already there before they even started invading? We don't know.

Where is everything in relation to anything else? We don't fucking know.

It was good, fuck of tomatofags.

Damn man. I guess your right.

Yes

Uhm Azeroth is not a "kingdom," it's the actual world you ninny

Dwarves (Ironforge is literally written on the fucking screen)
High Elves
Other Humans (the one that basically said, paraphrasing, "We're done talking") are Kingdom of Lordaeron

How new are you?

When did they say any of that in the film? I literally just watched it an hour ago and they didn't mention a word of Lordaeron, High Elves, or what the kingdom was even fucking called.

Also, if you're going to try to outlore me, the Kingdom of Stormwind is also known as the Kingdom of Azeroth. Azeroth is the name of the kingdom, the continent, and the world in the lore. In this they just shout it. Again, when do they explain what Azeroth is?

If you know about lore you should know who the old Alliance was. No, it's not mentioned in the film, but why waste precious minutes explaining who each race are? It's a fucking council, they said 'No,' who cares?!

what kind of retarded shuffle is that soldier on the right doing

The Alliance hasn't even technically been formed yet.

I think the point of the movie was that the humans were trying to form an alliance but failing to do so. Next movie will probably feature the destruction of stormwind and the forming of the alliance.

>but it bombed in the U.S. so there won't be a sequel
It's a big enough of a hit in china to warrant another movie and considering they have the hardest work of setting the foundation of the universe shit would be much easier.

It was in the movie. And all same races are represented in the round table. Point still stands: the races are easily discernible if you know anything about lore. Or played the game at all.

hes frightened by Kilrogg m8, I don't see why everyone is so retarded about this

No, because if it was the WC2 alliance (the true alliance) you'd also see Gnomes on the council and Ogres and Forest Trolls with the Orcs.

I think you're confusing gameplay with actual lore.

They show Dwarves and Elves at the meetings. Their detailed relationship with the humans is mostly unimportant. It's clear that they were at peace and the orcs showing up caused discord within their alliance.

As for the locations, they show maps like every 20 minutes. Were you not paying attention?

This movie was WC1 dumb

>the details are unimportant, get to the battles!
Nice summation of the flaws with the movie.

>Threadly reminder that Gul'dan did nothing wrong.

This guy gets it.

It was barely watchable at best,and only because I've played Warcraft 3 and WOW

Gul'dan "fuel for the fel"
Gul'dan "race war now"
Gul'dan "gas the humans"
Gul'dan "we bath in the blood of humans"

Ner'zhul originally united the horde but he wasn't warchief. That title was created by Gul'dan and the first warchief was Blackhand. Ner'zhul leads the Horde,what's left of it,during Beyond the Dark Portal

Ner'zhul was originally a Shaman manipulated by Sergeras into thinking the Draenei posed a threat. The war against the Draenei, and the polluting of the Orcs (via fel) is was caused Draenor to crumble/shrivel

i just got back from seeing this. it was entertaining for what it was worth despite all the lore inaccuracies

i feel like they were sucking the alliances dick a bit hard though. the horde never win any major engagements on screen. they take most of the smaller towns but they never touch stormwind.
sure they "won" the battle at the dark portal but their chieftan was kill as a result
and speaking of, autism lothar couldn't beat blackhand on the best of days not to mention a fel powered up blackhand

the amount of orcs that get so easily killed despite being 3 times the fucking size of the humans is retarded

he's shitting himself because he has nowhere to go and death is seconds away

I agree with you that it was an entertaining movie and served its purpose even though they could've done a lot of things better etc.

But.. wtf did we watch the same movie? It was demonstrated again and again that Orcs were better fighters than Humans. Only Lothar and a few "best" warriors are shown to be able to kill more than one orc before dying. Lothar even tells his son to fight smarter which implies that normal humans without his skills can't beat the orcs.

Orcs pretty much win every battle in the movie, and they talk about how many legions are lost in such a short time as well.

Do you really want excessive details and political explanations of the intricacies of elf/dwarf/human politics? It was fucking clear. The film was about the orcs invading and how it affected the humans, the Elves and Dwarves were extra races. For fucks sake it's based on a game literally titled "Orcs and Humans"

yes but aside from that short birds eye view of them attacking all those towns we don't see them actually win any real engagements

the first fight they have in the forest they get a lot of kills but are then sent running with their tails between their legs because they get insta gibbed with magic

in the battle in the canyon you have fucking hellscream there (even though he shouldn't be) who should be able to fucking solo a whole legion by himself yet he does fucking nothing and orcs get dropped left and right by single attacks despite being demonically empowered
and in the last battle at the portal they win but they still took so many casualties it wasn't funny

those fucking pistols the humans are using are so powerful yet they are somehow able to fire the fucking things one handed, they produce fuck all recoil

this

I'm in the same boat. I've never played a Warcraft game and fuck if I know what was going on.

It was Kil'jaedan that manipulated him

desu this didn't look that bad/out of place in the movie. Same for that shot at the end on the city stairs, with the funeral.
Inb4 Blizz drone.

I guarantee Mark Kermode will re-do his review of this film and say its great
much like he did with Prometheus

If you can't follow Warcraft you're retarded.

The plot was simplified for a reason, it was for dumb faggots who play shit like halo and cod.

And yet you still didn't understand it.

Kill yourselves.

sitting at %85

Movie was bad, i dont like how they adapted the movie, if you are such hardcore warcraft fans i have no idea why are you shilling for this movie, because that just makes you brainwashed Blizzdrones, "I WANT MY FAVOURITE COMPANY THAT FUCKS ME IN THE ASS TO BE SUCCESSFUL EVEN THO I GOT NOTHING FROM IT!"

That's because in movies there are scenes that come before and scenes that come after. You're not starring at a looping 4 second clip and taking in every corner of the frame.

but your mom was even worse fampai

>the amount of orcs that get so easily killed despite being 3 times the fucking size of the humans is retarded

Yeah nevermind the scores of humans killed constantly you butthurt hordenigger

I understand where you come from nerd, i check blizzard forums regularly, you nerds are crying about success of your movie and organise rallies like this one to shill for a bad movie, do you see how pathetic this is?

i don't even play wow or check blizzforums you retarded faggot

but keep shilling your capeshit

>If you know about lore you should know who the old Alliance was.

That's the point retard, people who don't know the lore can't follow it.

He already said he liked it. And now he dislikes prometheus.

I hated the game, any chance I'll like the movie?

maybe

this is a warcraft movie not a WoW movie.
make your decision.

i'll admit i'm a butthurt horde nigger but the orcs are giant compared to the humans and with demonic shit they would be unstoppable compared to humans. especially if they bothered to wear armor