Why doesn't he have a mainstream show?

why doesn't he have a mainstream show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXBuUlX6NOY
fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=muOTBsx0dIk
libertarian-left.blogspot.com.tr/2009/04/critique-of-stefan-molyneuxs-ethical.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

da joos

can't argue with that

Why do most "Race Realist" forget to realize that not all Hispanics are Mexican.

he's a smart dude and all, I agree with him on Trump and the Wall but he made he made a video called "Hispanic values" with a mexican flag. It's like jesus christ m8, the main "Hispanic" is like Spaniard, white to tanned Europeans. Hispanic is a very broad term that applies to a lot of the world (Including europeans) and to see it reduced to some wetback assholes is just silly. Mexicans are just mixed race mutants.

If you're gonna talk shit about Mexicans, then say fucking Mexican or beaner whatever. It's more reasonable than "Hispanic". Don't lump the Spaniards into this, spaniards are legal and english speaking in america

He needs to make a video about this, I might call him i dunno

He's better on YouTube. Nobody watches cable anymore.

Because retards don't understand that there is a world outside of their country.

It's the main reason why I don't consider Molyneux an intellectual. He's not dumb though.

Also, I cringed when he called himself a philosopher

I watch him occasionally, when it's about something relevant to my interests, and he's not dumb, but in general all these youtube e-celebs have an extremely narrow view of stuff, and almost always just express already existing talking points. It's rare to see some original personal insight, and when you do, it's usually from a rather uninformed position.

Anyway, did you see how he supposedly wrote a bunch of his own comments under a female name?

Why do people watch shit that just reinforces their narrow sighted biases?

>ignorant as fuck
>ignored by everybody
>typical Trumpfags
>he literally thinks that screaming = convincing argument
>loved only by basement dwellers from Sup Forums
>any serious person laughs at him and his retarded arguments

Read McLuhan, Postman, Elul, Baudrillard etc. and you'll see.

Not an argument.

beep boop
my argument detector is detecting a severe lack of arguments in and around this post

what is an argument?

Is it all about the wording A + A implies B = B?

Can there be implied premises and conclusions or are those not arguments?

Because he's bald.
No one wants shows with bald guys.

bargain-bin philosphy belongs on youtube only

I hate his obsession with arguments when the meat of any debate is the verification of the premises not the mere structure of the argument

As much as he likes to nitpick the phrasing of people who disagree with him, normal people are almost always perfectly capable of thinking in terms of logical arguments

The essence of any disagreement is the definition of terms and verification of facts, and this guy likes to just frame every discussion as if we cannot disagree about the meaning of terms and can only accept that because he said A and A implies B that we can't possibly deny B now

Every time I try giving one of these youtube political commentators a chance they always make garbage arguments riddled with logical fallacies, misconceptions and blatantly incorrect facts. Isn't anyone interested in the truth?

Good point. "Not an argument" pretty much means "You don't agree with my definitions and are therefore incorrect".

Not an argument

Not an argument

What are some good books about basic philosophy for somebody that doesn't read too much?

I would ask /lit/ but I'm shy.

Why do you post here instead of tumblr?

>I have to read FOUR (4) authors to find out what your argument is

fuck you

Start with the greeks.

literally the "racist" of molyneux fanboys

Does anyone else remember Mr Cropper?

Nutty objectivist aspie.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXBuUlX6NOY

FUCK SPACE
MAKE ME AN IPHONE

/leftypol/Has some hilarious threads tearing the shit out of him. Guy's a real piece of work.

Because he’s a nobody?

>youtube "intellectuals"

Kek. What significant books did this author write again?

>anarcho-capitalist

I do like him though

>normal people are almost always perfectly capable of thinking in terms of logical arguments
Barely.
he can verify premises, the issue is so many people just don't make arguments.

what said

i have the oxford edition of "The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and the Sophists" and its very insightful. the preamble is very informative.

Hispanic is a pc blanket

like asian in the uk

>tfw my dad keeps listening to him and keeps linking me videos saying it will 'expand my mind'

your dad sounds like a bro. be grateful you arrogant fuck

I love my Dad but he needs to read books rather than watching conspiracy videos and pop-culture commentators like Molyneux.

Anyone can write a book user, you might find this surprising since a lot of people hold literature in high regard but a lot of books out there are quite shit

Oh fucking hell really? I can't believe, brb I need to go watch all of Molyneux's videos now thanks dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not an argument.

#
>almost always perfectly capable of thinking in terms of logical arguments
This really isn't true. Logic, even standard logic, can be painfully unintuitive and requires experience to use--the experience can be a humbling one for the neophyte, as well as the expert.

>we cannot disagree about the meaning of terms
I don't know much of Stephen Molyneux, but there are plenty of arguments based on intentionally ill-defined, amorphous terms--the term and definition itself becomes subterfuge, and taken together are often inconsistent as a system.

GET THIS /POL SHIT OUTTAHERE

>it's a triggered frogposter

Ok pablo

Not an argument.

Not a post.

>Muh Europe is not the same anymore

NOT AN ARGUMENT

fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/

i'll go watch the young terks and discover how guns killed gays ty for expanding my mind friend

youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0

hmmm

who the hell has the time to listen to this guy rattle on for 3-4 hours everyday? even most NEET shut-ins (which probably makes up the majority of his audience) surely have better things to be wiling away their waking hours with..

this
same thing with words like "black". There are many different tribes in sub-saharan africa with insanely high genetic diversity.
I'm all for race realism. But when you do it, do it correctly.

the point is, wether you read a book from an educated person about a specific topic or you listen to an educated person talk about a specific topic doesn't matter.

What happened to him in 2016? He used to have some pretty interesting videos but he went full Sup Forums this year.

>that Cuban-American poster that always gets salty as fuck when he's grouped in with the other spics

muslims destroyed his home

>molymemes have come to Sup Forums

I left Sup Forums for Sup Forums too long ago. It's good to be home.

Suck dick Khan triggered him so hard he went full Sup Forums.
He's just tapping into an untapped market.

He is Jewish himself,on his mother's side.

>his mother
whom he'd like to kill

>the main "Hispanic" is like Spaniard, white to tanned Europeans
Spain makes up about 2% of Hispanics. Mexico, the Caribbean islands, and South America have taken over Hispanics

Besides, Spain is more Islamic than Hispanic these days

Because he's an idiot Jew cunt and a cult leader.

I don't think he's nearly as smart as he belived he is. his arguments about free will are the most absurd nonsense I can remember hearing. after listening to his latest discussion about it I think he just parrots ideas he doesn't really understand. He also is bad at listening and will ignore things callers say and reply as if they said what he thought they were going to. Yes, these are arguments.

what did he say about free will?

Because Bill Burger destroyed him youtube.com/watch?v=muOTBsx0dIk

He basically says it's real because feelings must be magic. You have to listen to the first 30 minutes or so of episode 3300. It's almost unreal how insane everything he says is. The caller seems to almost get to the point but can't argue it at all and just agrees with Stevan's nonsense. Probabaly also doesn't understand what he was saying.

>ad hominem in all places
>not one single argument
l usually like Burr, but this was bs

Not an argument.

As much as it may not be an argument, BB is right in calling Stef out for being a condescending cunt. That's exactly what he is. He may have the right idea about a lot of things, but he also tends to be an arrogant shit about it.

Stefano is a dangerous and unhinged male.
Avoid him at all costs.

This guy has never read a book in his life. Because if he did he certanly wouldn't be a supporter of such a retarded meme ideology as anarcho-capitalism.

and I know you faggots from Sup Forums haven't read shit either because then you would cringe at the idiotic drivel he spouts out.

That's not an argument.

My argument is that he is an idiot and his opinions are that of an idiot. What is yours?

That's ad hominem, not an argument.

Name calling isn't an argument and bland blanket statements like "all his opinions are wrong/dumb" expose the emotional nature of your response to him.

Not that guy but no it isn't, only idiots take it as an insult instead of an explanation.

oh look it's a youtuber
>why he not on tv
lol, mate...

It's not name calling if it's stating facts, jabroni.
>expose the emotional nature of your response to him.
Not an argument et cetera

It is though. Saying "retarded meme faggot cringe" is not an argument. It's a logical fallacy. Stop being emotional and prove the man wrong.

>molyneux

libertarian-left.blogspot.com.tr/2009/04/critique-of-stefan-molyneuxs-ethical.html

No sane person thinks Stef is an idiot or is unintelligent.
He is one of the greatest minds of our times.
You're the idiot.

You seem pretty confident in your answer. Tell me about any of these other great minds of our times that he surpasses.
Go on, I'll wait.

>greatest minds of our time
Fuck no. I'd rather give that to any one of the tens of thousands of unnamed contributors to recent advances in engineering and technology. Sitting around and making YouTube videos for 4-8 hours per day doesn't make you a genius. If anything it shows what a failure you are. You have all this free time to discuss what's wrong in the world but you aren't doing anything to fix it. He's no better than someone on /r9k/ crying about life all day.

Of course it's an argument. It can't be an ad hominem if the original post was already an accusation of his lack of legitamacy as an intellectual person. You're tricking nobody here but yourselves. Truly the Sup Forums way

stephen molyneux's work on ethics can be summed up as deciding to dodge the is/ought dichotomy halfway through a book in which you claim to solve the is/ought dichotomy

Hispanic here. Stop being a thin skinned pussy

he's a childish, stubborn 'thinker', in that if it turns out that his initial intuition was faulty, he just flips the table and quits playing

The fact that you can't even see the value and importance behind what he does and how it can help change society shows me you are a low IQ individual and aren't worth talking to.

This is literally "not an argument" the post.

How exactly does he help society? I am a low IQ individual pls help

With an argument like that, I can claim any statement made in a public forum is just as strong and therefore the person making that statement is just as much "one of the greatest minds of our times".

Having an opinion does not make you a genius, regardless of how well you form it. All it means is you may have potential. And potential is pointless if you do nothing with it.

Nah, he is actually pretty smart. His arguments are often shitty, but he's smarter than most other YT political commentators, except for Justicar's and maybe TF

YouTube has a bigger audience than "mainstream" cable tv.

Much of what Stefan does isn't about opinions though.
He simply collects information and then presents the information and facts in an unbiased manner.
Simply acting as an unbiased source of truth regarding modern day events and ideas is very valuable in itself for society, I think especially since the mainstream media is so awful, untrustworthy and agenda driven.

We need more people like him providing alternative sources of news and alternative viewpoints in a world where we are so often fed lies and told what to think and how to think.

>Stefan
>unbiased